April 2013 Moms

Friday Confessions

What have you got? Anything particularly good this week?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Confessions

• I was full of them yesterday, but now Ava is sick and asleep on my chest and I REALLY have to pee but I don't want to wake her up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Kate_CKate_C member

I was full of them yesterday, but now Ava is sick and asleep on my chest and I REALLY have to pee but I don't want to wake her up.

Hope little lady feels better soon!
    Confession: in large measure for the selfish reason that I want to hear your confessions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing unusual here... I'm WFH today and so far have been "multi-tasking" by watching Orange is the new Black while working on project plans.  I took the afternoon off so DH and I can go car shopping (and hopefully buying).  

Oh here's one -- I really want my doctor to put me on bedrest so I can be done with work.  I don't feel capable of what's being asked of me right now, nor do I give a shit about it, and I'm really really struggling.  Not sure what to do with only 10 weeks left of work and 12 weeks until my c/s -- not great timing to look for a new job...

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Kate_C said:
    @Mommy2BEL‌ - I'm sure you don't look apology worth in your bathing suit!! Wearing it with confidence will make you look 10 lbs lighter. ;)@JSS1002‌ - what kind of car? You looking for a family-mobile?
    DH was in a car accident two weeks ago -- he's fine, but his car was totaled, so we're replacing it.  He was driving a honda Accord, but we're probably going with a Honda CR-V, which means we'll have two SUVs (because I drive a pilot) which is ridiculous, but it's what we've wanted for a long time.  In a few years when it is time to ditch the pilot, we'll get into a sedan and be back to one SUV.  I'm excited about a new car, but bummed because we had just finished paying off DH's car... on the upside, the accident wasn't his fault, and the other guy's insurance took full responsibility, so we're getting $10K to shop with.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @JSS1002 "Orange" is so addictive, damn you Netflix for putting the whole season on at once!

My confession is that i'm DREADING calling my dad for Father's Day. We see each other maybe twice a year and talk about 6 (holidays/birthdays). It's like pulling teeth talking to him and often that awkward silence. He doesn't really make the effort and in turn, neither do I.  I think I just might text him.  

• @none5 i'm oddly superstition too but more in an anxious way lol

• Kate_CKate_C member
    edited June 2014
    Wow @JSS1002‌. Didn't realize his car was totalled glad he's ok! Upside to accidents like that is that you get a lot of faith in your car brand's safety from first hand experience! Happy shopping!

Edit spelling
  • Kate_C said:
    Wow @JSS1002‌. Didn't realize his car was totalled glad he's ok! Upside to accidents like that is that you get a lot of faith in your car brand's safety from first hand experience! Happy shopping! Edit spelling
    We've both now sustained very serious accidents while driving a Honda -- I was in a TERRIBLE car accident in 2004 while driving a civic - broadsided by a guy running a red light (I was going west on 46th street, about to hop on 35W South), and he flipped my car over and i had to be pulled out through the window... and I walked away with a totaled car, some bruises, and 3 stitches.  

So yeah, we're probably honda for life. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I confess that orange is the new black has just been out a week today and I've already watched the whole season.
    So have my two best friends.  I have to catch up -- only on Episode 4!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm on episode 10 and had to stop myself so I can savor the last ones. My husband doesn't help much.

• I feel guilty when I give LO frozen food for dinner, so I just make sure it's organic to get over it :)

@knitfaced - I"m sad reading this because I know this fear. I had it when in the IVF proces, But seeing as my daughter is the female version of my husband I don't think about it much anymore. I hope you can get past it :/

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• none5none5 member
    @knitfaced I totally get that fear. J came out a spitting image of my husband and I said at least we know she's related to you. Still a toss up with me. Now she has my mom's eyes, so my fears have been eased. Other than a disorganized lab, do you have other reason to feel that way? As the others said, no matter what they are your girls.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    Trin42 said:

It's been a month since we've had sex. And the last time was when I conceived. DH really didn't want to have sex with me when I was pregnant last time so I'm pretty sure it'll be 12+ months until we have sex again. sigh. And since Jan, we had gotten up to an average of 2x a month (doubling our average from before).

I'm sorry, especially if you are one of those blessed people whose sex drive gets out of control during pregnancy. Maybe this time it will be better because it won't be such a foreign experience? If you haven't already, might consider buying a vibrator. Confession: I don't regret that purchase. At.all.
  • Kate_C said:
    It's been a month since we've had sex. And the last time was when I conceived. DH really didn't want to have sex with me when I was pregnant last time so I'm pretty sure it'll be 12+ months until we have sex again. sigh. And since Jan, we had gotten up to an average of 2x a month (doubling our average from before).
    I'm sorry, especially if you are one of those blessed people whose sex drive gets out of control during pregnancy. Maybe this time it will be better because it won't be such a foreign experience? If you haven't already, might consider buying a vibrator. Confession: I don't regret that purchase. At.all.
    Toldya.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • jthree said:

My husband usually falls asleep on the couch downstairs because I go to bed before him, and he likes to watch tv and I don't. Usually if I wake up around 2 or 3 I go down and wake him up, but his snoring has been so atrocious lately that I have been letting him stay down there.

And when he asks I just say that I was super tired and slept all night without waking.

And I have been having the most glorious nights of sleep I've had in a loooong time.

My DH falls asleep on the couch a lot too and I am glad! His snoring is so annoying! Plus sometimes my son talks in his sleep, DD has been crying out every few hours because of teething and then his snoring.... that's too many wake ups for me. I am a pretty light sleeper....
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    @Lhyacinth888‌ - maybe you need to offer to do it at home for him to get him to go? ;) Is he not ready to pull the plug entirely on potentially having more kids? Or is he just a wimp about having it done?
  • Kate_C said:

@Lhyacinth888‌ - maybe you need to offer to do it at home for him to get him to go? ;) Is he not ready to pull the plug entirely on potentially having more kids? Or is he just a wimp about having it done?

He drags his feet on EVERYTHING. I don't think he's scared, he just claims he is too busy. He decides to do something and then has to research it for like five years and then he's ready... I'm pretty sure he wants to be done with kids though unless he isn't telling me the truth.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    arschm02 said:

@knitfaced, so sorry you're feeling that way. I can't imagine. On the plus side, as an outsiders perspective, I think the girls look so much like your son! And, while I haven't seen a picture of your DH, I think they all resemble you in some way or another.

My confession: I'm due February 15th.
    YAY!!!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kate_C said:

arschm02 said:

@knitfaced, so sorry you're feeling that way. I can't imagine. On the plus side, as an outsiders perspective, I think the girls look so much like your son! And, while I haven't seen a picture of your DH, I think they all resemble you in some way or another.

YAY!!!!
    Well what a sweet little valentine!!! Congrats!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • arschm02 said:

YAAAY!!
  • edited June 2014
    @arschm02‌ ! That's so exciting!!!

@knitfaced I am so sorry you're feeling that way. I guess it comes down to your personality. Are you the type to drive yourself crazy wondering?

ETA: I mean, it sounds like you're doing that now (wondering) but will it eat at you for years?

• @arschm02 that's so exciting and what a cute/perfect way to tell him, congratulations!!!!!!

• Kate_CKate_C member
    I shouldn't laugh since my day will come, but I couldn't help but chuckle at the woman in our well air conditioned office frantically fanning herself and talking about sweat pouring down her back. Peri menopause is rough for her. She had a good sense of humor about it at least!

• That would be the obvious next step, but on some level I don't really want to know and it's just easier to convince myself that I'm just being a crazy lady. I mean , what do you do if you get the results and we don't have a biological connection?

Win a absurdly large lawsuit? But for reals, those kiddos are yours! Sorry you are feelin anxious, that must be a really tough thing to have to worry about!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • DH and LO are both asleep by 8pm... this should be the most productive night ever, but instead it will be the most "The Office" marathon-tastic night ever.

Also I haven't shaved my legs is so long it's gross.
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • @Knitfaced they look exactly like your son. They do have some of your characteristics though. It must really suck feeling that way and I am very sorry you are going through that. I feel like I would be the same if I had to go through what you had to go through. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"