Baby Showers

Baby shower walk in

Just wondering who brought you/walked you in to the shower? My mother, sister in law and sisters are throwing my shower and will be there earlier to set up so I was thinking of having my husband bring me and walk me in. Then he can say hi to his family and mine and see the room. Some people think that's tacky? What do you ladies think?

Re: Baby shower walk in

• Loading the player...
  • VOR said:
    twister22 said:
    I have never heard of a MTB being "walked in" to her shower. That just sounds absurd. Walk yourself in. It's a shower, not a wedding.

This.  Plus, you should be there before your guests arrive.  YOU should be greeting THEM as they show up.  Not the other way around. 
    Really?  Must be a regional thing, it's more common for the MTB or bride to be to show up after the guests around here.

OP: I've never seen heard of being walked into your shower, you just walk in!
  • I think I arrived a little early and then I greeted the guests when they arrived.  
  • ccamccam member
    Unless it's a surprise, you should be there early enough to greet your guests.  I have been to a few showers where the Dad was there in the beginning, but I didn't ask DH to do that.  He showed up at the end to help pack up gifts and said hello to everyone then.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I was there before the guests with my hosts helping to set things up a little bit. Then I greeted everyone as they came in. Would be weird to me if I came to a party in honor pf someone and they weren't there when I got there.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    I don't think you necessarily need anyone to walk you into your shower.  That being said, I had preeclampsia when I had my shower and was not supposed to be doing anything that could get my blood pressure up even more (like driving on a highway--crazy drivers!), so my husband drove me to my shower.  He popped in to say hello to everyone for a minute or two, and then went to my cousin's house to hang out with my BIL and cousins-in-law.
  • BC&LMBC&LM member
    VOR said:
    twister22 said:
    I have never heard of a MTB being "walked in" to her shower. That just sounds absurd. Walk yourself in. It's a shower, not a wedding.

This.  Plus, you should be there before your guests arrive.  YOU should be greeting THEM as they show up.  Not the other way around. 
    This is not always the case. I have been to showers that were both ways.  I don't think there is one set etiquette on whether the MTB is supposed to be there already or not.  I mean, how would you even have a surprise shower if the MTB was there first?
  • VORVOR member
    BC&LM said:

I mean, how would you even have a surprise shower if the MTB was there first?
    Really?  Clearly if it's a surprise, the MTB won't be there.  But I also kind of find surprise showers silly.

That being said - I personally feel that the POLITE thing to do is for the MTB to be there to greet her guests (qualifier - if it's not a surprise!).  They may all show up in a relatively short period of time, but it gives her a chance to say hi individually.  Where as if the MTB shows up later - there is a mass of people how are all there to see HER and probably would like to say hi.

By her being there first, she better ensure that she has a chance to say hi to everyone individually.
  • Joy2611 said:

Joy2611 said:

Joy2611 said:

I personally plan to be brought in on a litter lined with gold.

@Joy2611 What's a litter lined with gold? I get sarcasm's there, but the only litter I know of is cat litter... ::confused!::

hehehe...  Here's a pic!

But, why so little?  I would demand the size of King Xerxes' litter from 300!

We're still in the planningstages.  Don't worry.

I demand game of thrones' theme song be playing in the background.
  • When the OP said walk ins, I kind of thought she meant uninvited guests... Like shower crashers?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"