Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Sleep Sack to sleepers - Have you done it?

LO has been sleeping in sleep sacks for a few months now. It helped transition him into the crib. Right now he sleeps with a long sleeved onesie and a cotton Halo sleep sack. Mostly because I don't want to buy new sleep sacks in a couple months, I'm thinking about moving him to the footed sleepers. So a couple questions:

Have you done this? Was it a process or did you just put LO to sleep in a sleeper one night?

What temperature do you keep LOs room if he's only sleeping in a cotton sleeper?

image    BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep Sack to sleepers - Have you done it?

• I'm curious about the same thing so I'll be following this post to see what tips you get! My LO (6.5 months) sleeps in the exact same thing as yours (long sleeve cotton onesie with either a fleece or cotton halo sleep sack). However, I feel as though she is starting to get annoyed with the sleep sack because she is trying to crawl/move around and the sack prohibits this to a degree. I keep my house at 68 degrees but as the warmer weather approaches the heat will be turned off. I too was thinking of just putting her in a footed sleeper, no sack, but don't want her to get cold...
  • I don't think my LO has an attachment to the sleep sack. We put him in footed pjs and a sleep sack at night but he naps without the sleep sack. If your house is warm enough, I would just not use it one night and see what happens.

My LO is very active in the crib while he sleeps and when he wakes he has no issues sitting up in the sleep sack or crawling around. I will most likely keep him in it because it keeps his legs from going through the slates in the crib.

• Loading the player...
  • jtmomma13 said:
     I will most likely keep him in it because it keeps his legs from going through the slates in the crib.

The sleep sack does nothing to keep my LOs legs from going through the slats. Luckily he knows how to get his legs out.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • roo1oo said:
    jtmomma13 said:
     I will most likely keep him in it because it keeps his legs from going through the slates in the crib.

The sleep sack does nothing to keep my LOs legs from going through the slats. Luckily he knows how to get his legs out.
    Really- it helps with my LO- he is all over his crib at night! Well at least he knows how to get them out! 
  • pb&jojopb&jojo member
    Mine sleeps in a onesie (just bodysuit) and fleece sleep sack. We keep out house cooler, and I know that I must have a heavier blanket on me when I sleep...so I just assume she's the same! lol. I will probably always use the fleece sack. In the summer's we keep the A/C cold.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My near-2 year old is still in sleep sacks. :)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • amiefamief member
    Still in the sleepsack here.  We went ahead and invested in the Merino Sleep sacks which will fit until he's 2.  Love them.  Although they are expensive... I don't have to buy a new set of sacks every time he grows.  We are lucky though and he doesn't leak all that often at night.. so we only have 2 sacks and rotate.  If I needed more than that I likely wouldn't use these. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO sleeps in a footed jumper and a sleeveless sleep sack. The room temp is around 69-70 degrees. We had a heat wave recently so she only slept in the footed pjs or even a onesie and did fine.i use the sleep sack for warmth mostly but lo doesn't crawl yet. When she does I will probably transition out of it
  • DS made an easy transition to footed jammies. We just put him in them one night. I was worried about keeping him warm, but our ped assured me babies are comfortable at 65-72 degrees in light jammies.
  • My son loves his sleep sack and I ended up turning one of his into a small blanket for him to snuggle.  If you are transitioning and your lo has a big attachment to the sack, you could try making a blanket with the sleep sack.  I know that it just makes another attachment, but sometimes having a good sleeper is worth it! 
  • I alternate between onesie and sleep sack and footed pjs and it seems not to make a difference.
  • I alternate between onesie and sleep sack and footed pjs and it seems not to make a difference.

Me too!

• We did the sleep sack until he could roll over. Then he just wore footed pjs. Now he's wearing 12 month pjs at 8 months. Refuses socks just sleeps with a blanket just fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"