Working Moms

12 hour shifts and EBF

Hi! My LO is 6 weeks old. I'm going back to work in 5 weeks. I've been pumping 1-2x a day to get used to it and keep up my supply. I'm able to get 4-6 oz per pumping session. Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on dealing with 12 hour shifts?! I'm nervous I won't be able to pump enough and that I'll have to supplement (which I'd rather not if I don't have to).

Re: 12 hour shifts and EBF

• I did fine for about 3 months and then my supply took a big hit and then I had to supplement for a month and then just quit pumping at 6 months because it wasn't worth it anymore. I went from pumping 20oz in 12hrs to maybe 4oz in 12hrs. Good luck! It'll be tough, but if you keep at it, hopefully you'll have better results.
    BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• Thank you all so much for the reassurance. I've got a freezer stash going. I have noticed lansinoh bags leak a little which is infuriating. Anyways - I'll keep building my stash and be firm about my pumping schedule at work. Thanks for all the advice - being a FTM is intimidating.
  • Loading the player...
  • ksonneksonne member
    The biggest piece of advice I can give is to pump every time you need to replace a feeding. Be adamant at work that you need to pump. No one else is going to make sure you take that time.

Good luck!
  • Try kiinde bags. You do t have to pump directly into them, as they advertise, although that is convenient. But they don't leak. Ever. I pump directly into them and feed from them, which saves me more time after my 11 hour days (no washing bottles, etc)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"