Formula Feeding
Options

About to make the switch

Im about to buy some formula to supplement because I want to stop pumping at work.  Does formula NEED to be heated?  LO will drink a cold bottle of BM so could I just make a bottle of formula with a room temp bottle of water?  This sounds dumb but I haven't done any formula research.
image  image
Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

Re: About to make the switch

• Options
    Nope! I just mix DS' bottles with room temp water and feed.
  • Options
    We always gave formula at room temp.

Do a little research as formula has a lot of safety rules. It only lasts so long once made, needs to be thrown out within a certain amount of time after baby drinks from the bottle and washing your hands is a must!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely not necessary! It's all about what the baby is used to. I did room temperature water for the longest time. Then if I had some from the fridge, I just stuck it under hot water in the sink just to take the chill off and it was fine.

Also, just fwiw, I broke most rules about how long you can keep bottles around after mixing and my DD never had an issue. She is a healthy, happy 2.5 year old now...
  • Options
    Absolutely not necessary! It's all about what the baby is used to. I did room temperature water for the longest time. Then if I had some from the fridge, I just stuck it under hot water in the sink just to take the chill off and it was fine. Also, just fwiw, I broke most rules about how long you can keep bottles around after mixing and my DD never had an issue. She is a healthy, happy 2.5 year old now…
    What are the rules after mixing? 24 hours?
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    DS likes room temperature bottles. I hates cold formula.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    All of what @MarBee1214‌ said
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"