Special Needs
Options

Pursuing evaluations

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post the other day- and to those who reached out via PM. 

Our appointment with our pediatrician is tomorrow morning at 8:45am.  I spoke with Early Intervention this morning and am waiting for them to call me back to schedule an evaluation for DS.  When I went over my concerns with them on the phone, they encouraged me to pursue the developmental pediatrician referral at tomorrow morning's appointment.

The more I observe DS, the more convinced I am that something is wrong.   

I broke down at work this morning in front of a colleague.  I am not doing so well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

Re: Pursuing evaluations

• Options
    Aw, hun. Just take one day at a time in this process...we all have shed a tear or two here, and still do.

"You can't run from the wind. You trim your sails, face the music, and keep going."
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hang in there, mama! It's really hard feeling like there is something wrong but not having answers. We started the process two years ago, and I still feel like DD's diagnosis is a work in progress. Just know that you're taking all the right steps right now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Being in limbo is the worst. Like I said in PM, keeping a log of the steps you've taken each day toward pursuing answers can help. 

If there is a problem, you've caught it extremely early. Some might downplay the importance of EI in all cases, but it was a huge factor for my son.  

Hang in there. Please keep us updated. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this. 
    You said in your other post that your LO may have loss some language. I would stress this to your pedi and EI. They usually take that seriously. 
    As for the age for testing, the ADOS has a toddler module that starts at 12 months. I'm sure different clinics have ages they are more comfortable with though.
    Good luck and hugs to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"