Trying to Get Pregnant

W2O Thursday

I don't see a post yet, so lets get this party started!

Cycle/Month:

CD:

What are you doing to get pregnant?:

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks:

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? 
Me: 30   DH:31 
Married 9/2010
TTC 10/2013
RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
9/2016-transferred two donor embies
BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker

Re: W2O Thursday

• Cycle/Month: 7

CD: 6

What are you doing to get pregnant?:The norms, may try the pineapple thing this month. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I remembered to temp this morning so that's a plus, although I slept like junk so who knows if it is accurate. 

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Eggs. They can be made a hundred different ways. Well maybe not a 100 but a lot! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD: 13 

What are you doing to get pregnant?: sex 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: waiting for kiddo to go to sleep so we can get on this. 

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pasta. Fo sho.
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD: 13 

What are you doing to get pregnant?: sex 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: waiting for kiddo to go to sleep so we can get on this. 

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pasta. Fo sho.
    Oscar Leopold 4/2009
    transluscence
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Jumping over from 2WW.

Cycle/Month: 3... Could be 2, not even sure we hit the FW the first month lol

CD: 1. Blah.

What are you doing to get pregnant?: right now? Nada!

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: nothing yet. I'm hoping this last cycle was just a wonky long cycle, and my body can regulate back to 26-28 day cycles.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
    Mmmmm fried chicken? Or Mac n Cheese?
    TTC #1 since April 2014
    Me (29) DH (29)
    Married 5+ years
    football animated GIF

• Cycle/Month: 1/1

CD: 7

What are you doing to get pregnant?: playing the ovulation waiting game and trying not to get my hopes up!

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I got nothing today. It's almost Friday so I don't have a lot if complaints.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? I'd pick pizza but only if I can change up the toppings.
  • @CForman719-Sorry for CD 1, hopefully your cycle is less wonky. And for the record I love that you use the word wonky....nobody in my circle but me uses that word and my family looks at me weird when I do! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • TarheelRPhTarheelRPh member
    edited June 2014
    Cycle/Month: 4/4

CD: 14

What are you doing to get pregnant?: cm, OPK, temps, sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I'm confused why FF made the past few days solid green on my calendar when there are no signs of O

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Probably avocados, I'll never get tired of them!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • PHNJennaPHNJenna member
    edited June 2014
    Cycle/Month: 4/3 CD: 11 

What are you doing to get pregnant?: ED sex, PNV's, preseed, green tea, OPK's, evening primrose oil, temping, charting. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I'm just confused today. I had a feeling that I could possibly be O'ing early with right sided pains, but OPK's have been negative thus far and temp hasn't jumped this AM, so I guess, nope! I don't have much CM ever, so it's hard to use that as any type of sign. So hoping the ED sex will be a plus! BUT the MIL is coming to stay for the weekend because FIL is out of town for 5 weeks and if my cycle behaves as it has, I am due to O Saturday… DH and I already discussed it and we are going to go for it even though she will be around, because its O time.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Taco salad! My hubby & I do "taco Tuesday" every week and it's my favorite meal that I always look forward to!
    Me: 29, DH: 29
    TTC since March 2014
    BFP 6/23/2014
    EDD: 3/3/2015 BOY! Connor James

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sorry for CD1, @cforman719 :(

Cycle/Month: 6

CD: 12

What are you doing to get pregnant?: The usual. OPK was positive this morning, so probably heading to 2WW in the next day or so... (not until I see a temp change, though!)

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Our frequency is going to be low this cycle, which is frustrating even though there's good reason. (House guests and a few later-than-usual nights from his job.) But on the bright side he is now asking me about my temps daily, which is cute.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Potatoes. (And if I had to pick them prepared only one way, garlic mashed.)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.
    Follow your heart, kid, and you'll never go wrong."
    ~The Sandlot

TTGP January Signature Challenge: Workout Fails
    The Simpsons

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • PinkRoses53PinkRoses53 member
    edited June 2014
    Cycle/Month: 2/2

CD: 1

What are you doing to get pregnant?: pom, green tea, trying to have better timing during FW

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Nah.  I'm on CD1 and excited to get started again.  If we were to be successful this cycle, I think my due date would be right around when I was due last time so I am excited about that!

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pizza.  Yup, I'm a 12 year old boy.

BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
    TTC #2: 5/2014
    BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
    BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!
  • Cycle/Month: 9/8

CD: 5

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Temping, sex when we can.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I'm playing phone tag with a nurse from my gynecologist's office. I called the other day to ask about the pre-AF spotting that developed after my CP. The receptionist wrote down my concerns, but I don't think she got it. She kept asking me if I have been spotting since the CP. No matter what I told her, she kept asking if have been spotting for the last four months. Nope, just before AF, but I never experienced that until the CP, and I just want to know if it's worth a visit or if I'm been paranoid.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Yikes, that's tough! Probably my grandma's recipe for chicken and dumplings.
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone

July TTGP Siggie Challenge: Favorite GP/Reality TV Show

TTC #1
    Me (30), DH (30)
    BFP: 3/14/2014, CP 3/17/2014
    6/13/14 - Began O & 7 DPO bloodwork
  • Cycle/Month: 2

CD: 14

What are you doing to get pregnant?: OPKs, sex, temping

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Being a little confused by first cycle temping but I guess that's normal.

I do have a question for you all though. OPK yesterday 7 am - negative. Yesterday 1 PM positive. Today 9 negative. Took another, also negative. What gives?

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be?  Peanut butter cups! Nutritionally deficient to be my one food but sooooo good

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• ava826ava826 member
    Cycle/Month: 2 

CD: 16 or 17

What are you doing to get pregnant?: nothing, I think I o'd yesterday, but I'll wait for CH to go to the other post.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: If I did O yesterday we're already out for this cycle, it's been 4 or 5 days since we had sex. I'm feeling really depressed about it right now, but that could be due to the crappy weather as well. I need sunshine at least every few days to be happy I think.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Tacos, so versatile. Or potatoes if you mean just one ingredient. 
    Me 37, DH 34
    Married 8/8/09
    Surprise BFP 4/17/16; MC 5/13/16 at 7w2d
  • Cycle/month: 4/4

CD: 6... Waiting for AF to go away!!!

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Sex, BBT, OPKs, PNV, trying green tea this month.

Rants/Raves/Chart stalks: It's the second to last day of school! Time to get my kiddos graduated!

GTKY: Potatoes. Can do a million things with them. Or pizza. YUM!!!
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

• PinkRoses53PinkRoses53 member
    edited June 2014
    Gigi0308 said:
     I'm playing phone tag with a nurse from my gynecologist's office. I called the other day to ask about the pre-AF spotting that developed after my CP. The receptionist wrote down my concerns, but I don't think she got it. She kept asking me if I have been spotting since the CP. No matter what I told her, she kept asking if have been spotting for the last four months. Nope, just before AF, but I never experienced that until the CP, and I just want to know if it's worth a visit or if I'm been paranoid.

@Gigi0308   -   That's annoying.  I would call back.  For what it's worth, I always have had pre-AF spotting for about a week.  I was worried, too, but I had no problem getting pregnant and it didn't impact my pregnancy at all.  I will say that sometimes it can indicate low progesterone (my levels were fine when tested) so that is something you may want to have your Dr explore just for peace of mind.

BFP #1: 7/10/2012 .... DS Born: 2/26/2013
    TTC #2: 5/2014
    BFP #2: 7/8/2014 .... MC at 4w4d
    BFP #3: 9/14/2014...EDD 5/30/2015

Little Sister is on the way!
  • Cycle/Month: 6 (5AL)

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Sex for now. Going to start opks, cm checks, and try for ED sex starting in a few days. Oh I'm also on pnv and met.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: My neighbor is building a fence and it is not conducive to night shift sleeping during the day. Grr. Oh and I need to start remembering to temp one of these days.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Filet! Cooked medium to medium rare. Excuse me while I mop up my slobber.
    Me(29), DH (29)
    Married December 2011     TTC#1 Since November 2013
    Dec. 2013... BFP! 12/31/13... Natural M/C 1/29/14 (8 weeks)
    July 2014...BFP!... 17dpo beta 581...19dpo beta 1419!!.. stick baby, stick!
    EDD: 3/20/15.. It's a boy!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @CForman719‌ & @PinkRoses‌53. So sorry for CD1, but I like your positive attitudes.
    @Gigi0308‌ It is hard waiting to see if the CP impacts our fertility. If I have changes that worry me I'd get in to see my Dr. Hopefully you get answers soon.

Cycle/Month: 2/3

CD: 24

What are you doing to get pregnant?:
    Charting BBT & CM, pnv, green tea, sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: So I definitely have tender boobs, now it's just the wait & see game as to whether it's an O sign like it has been in the past.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pizza, I get bored easily so I need something I can mix up.
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• @LinnyDan12‌ - I think the gift for mom is good too. If it were me, I would appreciate the gesture. I'm sorry for your hard time.
  • @LinnyDan12‌ - I think the gift for mom is good too. If it were me, I would appreciate the gesture. I'm sorry for your hard time.
  • @Layfi002‌ thanks for that. From what I've found that shouldn't affect anything. Weird that I tested in the PM yesterday... I never do! Good thing our timing has been good. I think a couple more days just food good measure since I'm not sure what's up and haven't had a temp spike yet.

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• Gigi0308 said:
     I'm playing phone tag with a nurse from my gynecologist's office. I called the other day to ask about the pre-AF spotting that developed after my CP. The receptionist wrote down my concerns, but I don't think she got it. She kept asking me if I have been spotting since the CP. No matter what I told her, she kept asking if have been spotting for the last four months. Nope, just before AF, but I never experienced that until the CP, and I just want to know if it's worth a visit or if I'm been paranoid.

@Gigi0308   -   That's annoying.  I would call back.  For what it's worth, I always have had pre-AF spotting for about a week.  I was worried, too, but I had no problem getting pregnant and it didn't impact my pregnancy at all.  I will say that sometimes it can indicate low progesterone (my levels were fine when tested) so that is something you may want to have your Dr explore just for peace of mind.
    Thanks for the heads up! I'm hoping they tell me I'm being paranoid, but I'm completely willing to get checked out.
    Anniversary
    PersonalMilestone

July TTGP Siggie Challenge: Favorite GP/Reality TV Show

TTC #1
    Me (30), DH (30)
    BFP: 3/14/2014, CP 3/17/2014
    6/13/14 - Began O & 7 DPO bloodwork
  • RN1175RN1175 member
    Cycle/Month:4/3AL

CD:11

What are you doing to get pregnant?:Temping, opk tomorrow, ED sex when MH gets home tomorrow, CM checks

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I really hope I O sometime this weekend or Mon. MH is only home for a few days and I would like to at least have a chance with decent timing. I would be beyond thrilled if he didn't have to leave on Mon and we could just HIO all next week too, lol. Fingers crossed.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pizza or ice cream

Married Sept. 2012

Me 39 MH 40

DD# 1 10/23/02

DD#2 06/11/13

2 losses, one before DD#2 at 5 weeks, one after DD#2 at 4.5 weeks

TTC #3

10/15/14 Consultation with RE

Nov & Dec '14 IUI BFN & 1 cancelled d/t early O

Jan 15 Consultations with 2 new RE's for different opinions for possible IVF with DE

Jan '15 Starting the process for Foster to adopt!

• @CForman719‌ - sorry for CD1
    @LinnyDan12‌ - I think wine and sushi is a nice gift. If you want to bring something for the baby, diapers are ALWAYS needed ;)
    @DarcyHermione‌- I forget, have you seen the RE yet? How did it go? If not, did you find out what they expect during the first meeting?

Cycle/Month: 4 (3AL)/ 11

CD: 12

What are you doing to get pregnant?: letrozole/Fermera, temping (although doing a shitty job this month), CM checks, water, sex, trigger shot in fridge ready to go in a couple days.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: my RE said today my lining is thin and my follicles are still small, so he is having me hold off on the trigger shot for another 4-5 days. I know this isn't a bad thing, but I am getting nervous. I really really don't want to cross that one year threshold.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Mac and cheese with BBQ sauce. I could eat that all day, everyday. Noms.

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• @LinnyDan12‌ I think it's a great idea to get your friend a gift for her. I can only imagine it must be really hard for you though; I'm so sorry for your loss and sending good vibes your way!

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Temping, opks starting this weekend, cm

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: I get my LASIK surgery tomorrow morning! So if you never hear from me again, something probably went wrong and I was blinded. But hopefully I'll be back soon! With better vision!

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? This is tough... How long am I hoping to live for? If death is imminent, I'll have allllll the Mac and cheese please. If I'm hoping this food will sustain me for a while, I'm thinking fajitas so I can get some protein and carbs and some veggies. I am probably overthinking this question, aren't I?

image  image

TTC #1 May 2014

BFP 7/4/14 ~ EDD 3/17/15

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Cycle/Month: 3/3

CD: 9

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Not sure yet! O is a ways off, not expected until CD16ish. We may be TTA this month, depending on what I hear from a possible new job. If I don't get the job, we'll remain TTC. If I do, we will pause for 3 months, because I need to work at the job for 52 weeks to force them to save my job for me when I come back. In Canada we get a year of mat leave, and some companies offer top-up payments to put you closer to your regular salary, and you're usually not eligible for that before a year either. So! Fate in balance of HR currently. 

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: None at the moment, feeling excited that my first 4 recorded temps this month are all solid blue dots. I skipped temping during my period so I feel refreshed. 

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? BREAD.
    I'm a fuckin' T-Rex.

• @LinnyDan12 - a gift for the mom is even better than a gift for the baby.  Sometimes when you're pregnant it's as if you don't exist.  All birthday or holiday gifts end up being things for the baby.  I'm sure she'd appreciate something for her.  And (((hugs))).  It sounds like it will be hard to see her and the baby.  I hope she's an understanding friend.  I'm sorry for your loss.

@Gigi0308 - I've never had a CP, but when I was around 25, out of nowhere I started spotting before my periods around ovulation.  Now I only spot sometimes.  So I don't know if it's related to your CP or just something that happens sometimes.

@littleliverpill - there goes that theory.  :-(  Sorry.

CD: 15

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Charting temp and CM

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Spotting yesterday, so that usually means we're getting ready to go!

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Pizza.  Put an egg on it and it's breakfast, greens on it and it's a salad, and the topping possibilities mean you'll never get bored.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • saucycsaucyc member
    Cycle/Month: 5/5 CD: 1. What are you doing to get pregnant?: PNVs, fertility monitor, all of the sex Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: AF this morning after a few teaser days of spotting. I'll just be over here crying in my spicy tuna rolls and eating my weight in goat cheese and facing a bottle of wine... GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Coffee.

Married: 9/2007 
    1 fluffy puppy 3/2012
    TTC1 since 1/2014

My Ovulation Chart
  • @LinnyDan12 I agree with others that sounds like a sweet gift for your friend.
    @nannabee21 I feel the same way this week. Each of my neighbors seems to be having their yard work done on a different day 
    :-q
    @Puppylove84 good luck at your appointment today!

Cycle/Month:
    1/2

CD: 24

What are you doing to get pregnant? : BBT, OPK, PNV and sex

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: So I got dotted cross hairs today (yay), but my higher temps really only started yesterday which was my first day temping at 11 am (on night shifts this week). I have no idea if this is a legit increase or just due to the fact that I'm taking my temp 5+ hours later than normal. ::shrug:: DH is out of town now for the rest of the week so at this point it probably doesn't matter.

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? pizza (green olive and pepperoni) or chicken broccoli casserole.... or lasagna. Now I'm hungry...
    Married 2006
    Surprise BFP Feb 2008 MC at 6w2d

TTC since May 2014       
    BFP! 10/28/14       EDD 7/5/15

BabyFetus Ticker http://ugc.theknot.com/3452225-original.gif

• Cycle/Month: 3/2
    CD: 2
    What are you doing to get pregnant? Charting temp and cm.
    Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: lp was very short last cycle, I'm stressed about it, but hoping it's just from coming off bcp's.
    GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? I guess bread

• dazzld1dazzld1 member
    edited June 2014
    Cycle/Month: 5/6

CD: 27

What are you doing to get pregnant?: Right now just PVN and BBT.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: Spotting has gotten heavier so AF will probably start tomorrow or the next day. I don't want to jump the gun here, but I do have a question. Sorry it's a little long and possibly newb-ish. I have been off BC for 11 months, actively trying for 6 months. I have been charting for 2 months, both of which I have gotten positive OPKs, however I (and FF) were unable to detect ovulation due to a lack of thermal shift. I am temping orally at the same time every day. I usually have spotting/AF that lasts 14-16 days. I understand that for a woman under the age of 35 it is standard to wait until 1 year of actively trying before consulting with an RE. I was wondering if there were any exceptions to this? Since I've had two (assuming AF does in fact start tomorrow/Saturday) of what appear to be anovulatory cycles, does that warrant a trip to my OB, or possibly an RE? Should I be waiting until the number of anovulatory cycles is greater than 2? Or should I still wait the standard 1 year to consult with a doctor? Again, I'm sorry if my newb is showing here, but I'm just frustrated. I love all the ladies that come through the daily WTO, but I would love to be able to move over to the daily TWW thread at some point!
    Chart linked for mobile in case anyone wants to stock: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4e7d17

GTKY: Donuts!!! I love them. I would eat like a box a day if they weren't so bad for me. I usually just treat myself to one (or two ;) ) per month on CD1!

@CForman719 & @PinkRoses53 & @saucyc- Sorry for CD1.

@Kredd88 - You could have just had a short surge? Your temping so if you did O at least you'll be able to confirm!

@PuppyLove84 - GL with your Lasik! 

@LinnyDan12- I'm so sorry for your loss and that this is a hard time for you. I agree with PP though, I think a gift for the mom would be very sweet. 

Edit: Fixing link & tagging

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• @Puppylove84 good luck with your surgery
    @jillJiggs-  you get a year of maternity leave? The best I could pull was six weeks unpaid. Fuck this ish, I'm moving to Canada.  

Can I vent for a second?  So my job has weird hours;  one week I work a night shift (2pm-11:30pm) and then I work a week of days (5:30a-2p).  
    When I am on the night shift, I have no issues getting to the RE for early morning testing.  But when I have to schedule an appointment when I am on the day shift, I get the same lecture about how they need to do blood work in the morning to get it back the next day, yadda yadda yadda.  Thank you.  I know all of this because I hear it EVERY FUCKING TIME. However, there is nothing I can do about it.  I have to be in work at 5:30 am.  I do not get a lunch break.  I don't have any more vacation time to use.  I cannot leave early.  Can someone please just make a note on my chart, so I don't have to feel like a completely horrible person every time we have to go through this.  

Monster #1- Hunter Fillmore! 10.1.11
     MC 3.20.14 -- 8w3d
    MC 7.11.14-- 5w4d
    Monsterette #2- EDD  5.9.15

• dazzld1-are you a mouth breather? Maybe switching temping to vaginally will help detect a shift. If this doesn't help and you do in fact have anovulatory cycles I would set up an appt to talk with your doc. You can't get pregnant without Oing. 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • dazzld1-are you a mouth breather? Maybe switching temping to vaginally will help detect a shift. If this doesn't help and you do in fact have anovulatory cycles I would set up an appt to talk with your doc. You can't get pregnant without Oing. 

I don't believe I am a mouth breather, if I am I've never noticed. Since I'm about to start a new cycle (#6) I am going to try temping vaginally for it. If I still don't see a thermal shift with vaginal temping, I was planning to contact a doctor, but I just wanted to see if you ladies thought that a doctor's visit was warranted beforehand, since I trust your opinions. I have an HMO so I will have to get a referral from my primary doctor. Is that something I would ask for an OB referral for? Or straight to RE?
    Of course I have FX that I will O next cycle, but I want to be prepared (mentally and financially) in case I don't.

Married since June 2010 | TTC January 2014-July 2014 | BFP #1 - 7/22/14 | EDD - 4/2/15

image   image   
    BabyFruit Ticker 

• ginger1228ginger1228 member
    edited June 2014
    What day do you ladies typically start using OPKs? This is my first month using them (it's our first month trying). I ovulated on day 17 of my 31 day cycle last month. I just went off BCP at the beginning of May so I don't know what my "normal" O date is yet.

Edited bc English is hard. :(
  • What day do you ladies typically start using OPKs? This is my first month using them (it's our first month trying). I ovulated on day 17 of my 31 day cycle last month. I just went off BCP at the beginning of May so I don't know what my "normal" O date is yet.

I'm kind of in the same boat, first cycle charting and second using OPKs. I would say start around day 10 for now and then once you get a better idea of when your usual O date is then you can wait until a little later.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What day do you ladies typically start using OPKs? This is my first month using them (it's our first month trying). I ovulated on day 17 of my 31 day cycle last month. I just went off BCP at the beginning of May so I don't know what my "normal" O date is yet.

I'm kind of in the same boat, first cycle charting and second using OPKs. I would say start around day 10 for now and then once you get a better idea of when your usual O date is then you can wait until a little later.
    Thanks! I had read day 10 before, but I feel like I'm going to waste so many! But then I don't want to miss my surge, so I guess it's worth it to waste a few.
  • Cycle/Month: 5/5

CD: 8

What are you doing to get pregnant?: BBT, CM, OPK, green tea, water, and all the sex.

Rants/Raves/Chart Stalks: just waiting waiting... hoping for a good LP this month. Mine seem to shift between 9-11 days and is trying to normalize. My O day has moved one day earlier each month since coming off BC so I'm thinking either CD15/16 this month if the pattern holds. Then pray for a 27 day cycle to let that baby attach!

GTKY:If you could only have one food for the rest of your life what would it be? Popcorn. I could eat it all day every day. I love the holidays for those big tins with the different flavors. I could eat the whole thing in one sitting!!
  • Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • What day do you ladies typically start using OPKs? This is my first month using them (it's our first month trying). I ovulated on day 17 of my 31 day cycle last month. I just went off BCP at the beginning of May so I don't know what my "normal" O date is yet. Edited bc English is hard. :(

Hi there - So on my first cycle post BCP, I didn't start using the OPKs until day 12 - expecting to be around the 14 day "norm" - I never once got a positive and started AF on the night of CD22... so I obviously O'd earlier than I started using the OPKs. Last cycle I started using them as soon as AF left and I started getting a peak on CD9 and finally a positive on CD11, and again had a 22 day cycle. I COMPLETELY blew it the first month post BCP because I started the OPKs too late and O'd way earlier than I would have expected.

Just my two cents :)

Me: 25, DH: 28, Baby #1 Due: April 30, 2015

Team BLUE!!

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"