Parenting after 35
Options

SUMMER EDITION GTKY

Are you a fan of summer weather?  

Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side?

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)?

Favorite summer foods?

Any vacation plans?

Favorite summer family activities?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: SUMMER EDITION GTKY

• Options
    Geeps2Geeps2 member
    Are you a fan of summer weather?  yes and no.  I live in Jersey in a beach town and it gets hot and sticky, which I am not a fan of but I love summer and hopping in the pool and soaking up the sun.  ESPECIALLY after the winter we had.   

Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side? Not yet, looking for some good reads.  I am just finishing up a puppy training book by Cesar Millan.

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)? Fresh squeezed lemonade and sangria 

Favorite summer foods?  a good burger and corn on the cob.  Yummy!

Any vacation plans?  Nope with 2 little ones we aren't really going anywhere anytime soon.  We may visit my friend in Cape Cod but not sure yet.

Favorite summer family activities?  Since I live in a beach town there are always tons of fun, family geared activities.  I can't wait to take my nieces and nephew to movies on the beach this summer.  My DD LOVES playing on the beach and going in the ocean.  She has no fear!!!  Just hanging out in the pool is fun too.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Are you a fan of summer weather?  Yes!  I love going to the lake and being outside!

Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side? I doubt I'll be reading much with an almost 7 month old, but I try!  I have lots of magazines to catch up on.  And lots of books downloaded on my Kindle that I haven't had a chance to read.  I'm currently trying to read 'Ripper' not sure who the author is.  I'm hoping on my 4 hour drive to the lake next week, I can get some reading done!

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)? Beer and wine!  Anytime of the year!

Favorite summer foods?  Fresh fruit, strawberries, peaches, blueberries, canteloupe, etc.  And grilled burgers and brats!

Any vacation plans? Next week we're headed to Beaver Lake for 5 days with my mom, step dad, brother and his family.  We've rented a big house that's right on the lake in a cove, so we can play on the pontoon or water all day long!  I'm so excited to see how Evie does.  Plus this is me and DH's first vacation in 3 years, it's much needed!  We'll be going up to Nebraska in July for DH's grandma's 97th birthday party.

Favorite summer family activities?  Camping, boating, beers around a bon fire with friends.  I can't wait to start traditions with Evie like I grew up with!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES!!!  I hate winter and being cold.  I love the hot humid days (85+ is best).
    Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side? Nope.  Not a reader and don't get to spend much time waterside.

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)?  a nice cold beer

Favorite summer foods? fresh berries and corn on the cob.

Any vacation plans?  We have a week off in July but no set plans.  Talked about a few options:  just staying home and playing in the pool and going to a local zoo and/or aquarium, go to Boston for a day, Bronx Zoo, Storyland and Santa's Village in NH, or my parents are renting a cottage on a lake in Maine that week so there's that possibility for a night or two as well.  So many choices.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    YES!!!  I hate winter and being cold.  I love the hot humid days (85+ is best).
    Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side? Nope.  Not a reader and don't get to spend much time waterside.

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)?  a nice cold beer

Favorite summer foods? fresh berries and corn on the cob.

Any vacation plans?  We have a week off in July but no set plans.  Talked about a few options:  just staying home and playing in the pool and going to a local zoo and/or aquarium, go to Boston for a day, Bronx Zoo, Storyland and Santa's Village in NH, or my parents are renting a cottage on a lake in Maine that week so there's that possibility for a night or two as well.  So many choices.

Hit post too soon and cannot edit posts on my computer for some reason (probably because I have IE).

Hanging out in our pool, being able to be outside, fires in the evenings, roasting marshmallows, camping, farmer's markets, ice cream at the local creamery.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I like the part of summer that gets warm but not hot. I hate super hot, humid weather because I get overheated very easily and I sweat a lot. I end up spending a lot of time inside in the air conditioning even though I'd rather be outside.

I used to read but honestly it's been a very long time and I can't see myself picking it up again any time soon with a 6 1/2 month old.

I know this is lame but I drink mostly ice water!

I don't know why but summer always makes me want grilled stuff. Burgers, brats, you name it. Also coconut shrimp.

We have no vacation plans and I'm a little upset because I found out my husband is going to participate in a big regatta in August and he's taking time off to do it. He should be using time off to do something together as a family. We haven't taken a single vacation together since we got married. Ok, I'm a lot upset.

My favorite summer family activities were always just having adventures together. I love exploring new places but some local things I'm looking forward to are sailing, going to the zoo and trying out some hiking trails.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options
    steverstever member
    Geeps2 said:
    Are you a fan of summer weather?  Nope, I hate it.

Reading anything good poolside/beach side/ or lake side? Reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay and The Canterbury Tales, cafeside or at home.

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)? Ice blended coffee thingies.

Favorite summer foods? Salads.

Any vacation plans? Bay Area maybe.

Favorite summer family activities? Hiding in a/c.

• Options
    Are you a fan of summer weather?  YES. I live in Wisconsin and we do not get enough warmth. I love it when it's actually warm enough that you don't even need a sweatshirt in the evening. I always thought I'd move somewhere warmer but I ended up here.

No, sad to say I haven't read anything for a while. However, I just made a list of books that sounded good for summer and am hoping to get something to read next time I take the kids to the library. Quit my job in March and now am hoping to be able to read a grown-up book once in a while.

So many choices! Hmm. I love a good margarita in summer, preferably while eating chips & guac outside. But, I am pregnant again. So...I like PPs' ideas of fresh squeezed lemonade and iced lattes. I also want to try some great fruit slushy recipes I just saw in Good Housekeeping.

Favorite summer foods?
    I love nectarines, raspberries, grilling out, going out for ice cream.

Any vacation plans?
    Yes. We have a cabin and are trying to get there for a few days every couple weeks and hopefully for a week over the fourth. Also have our annual family vacation first week in August with extended family.

Just being able to go for walks and get outside. Trying to take advantage of more local events this year, too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the hot & humid but enjoy being able to get outsude without putting on all the layers.

Not really

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)? Summer Shandy

Favorite summer foods? Grilled asparagus

Any vacation plans? DH and I are going on a weekend roadtrip to TN.

Favorite summer family activities? BBQs with family & friends.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. When it's like today (sunny, mid 60s, and windy enough to keep mosquitoes and black flies away, yes!!!! Otherwise - I enjoy the first several nice warm sunny days a lot if its not humid but I hate the hot sticky humid stuff.

2. Nope. Only reading websites on my puny android thing (that cant even fit a pdf reader) while DD eats.

3. Lots of water. Then margaritas on the rocks or pinot grigio or a not too buttery Chardonnay. Or some good ale. Hmm can you tell I just spent 9 months with no alcohol? Or limeade with extra lime juice to make it not too sweet. Or lemonade with extra lemon.

3. Early summer - strawberries!!! Later - corn on the cob, green beans, tomato /Basil/mozzarella salad. Really any fresh local produce. And lobster rolls and crab rolls from the place across the bay we can kayak to. But this summer we might have to drive there.

4.no. but we live in "vacationland" and it's the first summer I won't be away for most of it for my old summer job so I guess that is sortof a vacation.

5. Hiking / being outdoors. Also when it was just me and DH, kayaking. Now... we'll have to see what we enjoy doing with DD!
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • Options
    - yes. I love sun and warmth

- I am not currently reading anything. I'd probably prefer to just zone out this year...having a toddler and a newborn.

- frozen lime margaritas, Corona, or Coca Cola on ice

Favorite summer foods?
    - bbqd steak (eat it all year), bbqd homemade burgers, I guess anything bbqd, bbqd corn on the cob

Any vacation plans?
    - rent a cottage

- no idea...new family, new ideas
  • Options

Just finished the 8th in a series called Outlander.  This one is called In My Own Heart's Blood.  LOVED it and can't wait for more.

Favorite summer drink (with or without alcohol)?  Cider!

Favorite summer foods?  Pasta salad, potato salad, BBQ, COTC, cole slaw

Any vacation plans?  Vac to VA in May and vac to MD coming in Oct. so a quiet summer.

Favorite summer family activities?  being outside, camping
  • Options
    Geeps2 said:
    It depends.  I hate, absolutely loathe and abhor humidity.  But I love the beach and swimming and other summer activities. I sweat a lot, so humidity just doesn't agree with me, and it's really bad where I live.

TB!

I love frozen cocktails.  Frozen Mango Margarita is key!

Favorite summer foods?
    Fruits, barbecued items, again frozen cocktails!

Any vacation plans?
    Yeah right, vacation with a 4 month old? Sadly we will just be heading to FIL's lake house like we do every year.  Which isn't so bad!

This is our first summer having more family members than just MH and I, so I guess we'll see!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"