Pre-School and Daycare

First day of pre-school tears...mine, not hers

Any suggestions on how I can keep myself from crying when I drop my daughter off for her first day at pre-school this week? I'm going back to work after being home with her for 5 month and I'm already weepy just thinking about taking her to her fist day. She's very excited to go so I don't want to upset her when we get there...any suggestions?.

Re: First day of pre-school tears...mine, not hers

• LSU628LSU628 member
    Smile, be excited for her, and then cry in your car. That's what I did at least. :-)
    imageimage
  • rsd12rsd12 member
    LSU628 said:

Smile, be excited for her, and then cry in your car. That's what I did at least. :-)

Ha, this was me as well! I was not expecting it at all and cried after I dropped my youngest off at school ; )
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • Loading the player...
  • stgn01stgn01 member
    Wear sunglasses, even if it's raining.  This is what DD's preschool said to do.  I bawled once I got to the car.  DH was a little teary too!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • edited May 2014
    LSU628 said:

This is what I did, too. To be honest, the first day of preschool was so hectic all around that I didn't have time to process what was happening until DH and I got back in the car. It was as we were leaving and I could see her sitting in her seat coloring a picture without me that I started to lose it. Having a 2 year old at home while DD1 was gone was a good distraction, too :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just cry after you turned your back/ heading to the car.

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"