April 2013 Moms
Options

Trader Joes

I'm not even sure I can use the name of a store here but whatev. So life is slightly more hectic than usual and I'm looking for quick and easy dinners. For the most part we steer clear of highly processes foods and try to cook things from scratch. But mama don't got time for that right now!! I was just wondering how people felt about TJ's foods in general, and if your LO has any go-to favorites?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
           Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
        Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!

Re: Trader Joes

• Options
    I adore trader joes.  It isn't convenient to me anymore, so I have to make a big trip out of it, and just did a big stock up there last week for things that make life easier -- frozen brown rice, frozen jasmine rice, frozen quinoa... I love the balsamic and lemon pepper marinated chicken breasts that are near the deli meats... I heat them up as entrees or chop up for chicken salad or on top of a green salad... I bought a package of chicken tenders marinated in sun dried tomato flavor and put them in the crock pot on Sunday, shredded and will toss with penne, kalmata olives,feta, roma tomatoes, basil, and pine nuts for dinner tonight... you can buy pre-cooked, frozen pasta to make that endeavor even easier, or batch cook some pasta to have on hand (that's what I did)... bought a bunch of interesting frozen vegetable and potato side dishes to easily add to grilled meats, etc... I bought 4 pre-made salads that I had every day for lunch at work last week... I haven't bought many of their frozen MEALS, except a few lunch-type things (individual servings of lasagna, enchilada, etc), but everything I've had has been really good.  I understand the need for easy - I feel like, while not perfect eating, TJ's is a step above other frozen / convenience foods.  Plus, the store is so damn cute, how can you resist?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jenbee829 said:
    TJ's is amazing. We go there about once a month and stock up. They have tons of frozen fruits that are great for smoothies, and lots of frozen veggies too. MH likes their fish and crab cakes. Like @jss1002 said, I've had their individual sized frozen meals and they are all good. They also have frozen gnocchi that's good, and Emmy likes that. I don't think I've ever gotten something at Trader Joe's that I didn't like!
    this! all their stuff is so good and their organic brands are waaaaaay cheaper than Annies, Amy's, etc
  • Options
    All I can say is; their creme brulee..........BOMB

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Mmmm their chocolate covered coffee beans! Although not recommended for LO.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    knitfaced said:

Yummy frozen potstickers and gyoza, frozen flatbread pizzas, frozen gnocchi if you are looking for quick meals.

Mmmmm potstickers
  • Options
    cece2682 said:
    They opened one up the road from me, I was stoked, and after like 3 years, I still haven't gone! What's wrong with me??
    Ha!  I can't believe you haven't at least checked it out!  I'm a foodie though so I can't resist.  I actually just wrote to the company to ask them to consider putting one in in my city because it is so inconvenient to get to the other ones... really, it isn't anything earth shattering but they have lots of unique ingredients and offerings, and it is SO reasonably priced.  Great selection of fresh flowers too and I love having flowers in the house!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    I've never been either. What's so great about it?
  • Options
    Kate_C said:
    Just lots of cool products at good pricing.  Check it out.  The parking lot at the one in St. Louis Park will make you want to kill yourself, so I highly recommend Edina. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The only cornbread worth eating is their Trader Joe's cornbread mix. To. Die. For. 

• Options
    Kate_C said:
    Oh...you gotta go. Seriously. The parking lot at the Maple Grove location will also make you want to stab someone, so check out Edina. Great prices, quality food, lots of options for quick,easy, healthy weeknight dinners.
  • Options
    Ok ok I'm going to trader joes!!!! I've never been but I just googled it and there's one about 30 minutes from me!! Thanks for the tips!
  • Options
    Erin10408 said:
    Kate_C said:
    Oh...you gotta go. Seriously. The parking lot at the Maple Grove location will also make you want to stab someone, so check out Edina. Great prices, quality food, lots of options for quick,easy, healthy weeknight dinners.
    Or the one on 395 is a good parking lot too. ;-)  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I am completely aware of my impulsive behaviors! And @chicagobroad26 I am taking your word on the cornbread and making it with dinner tonight!
  • Options

You will NOT be disappointed. It's practically dessert!

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh and also, I think it's seasonal, but their pumpkin bread mix is unreal.

• Options
    I feel left out. I don't have one around me. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @Luckey4 I thought you were in Ohio ?
  • Options
    Don't forget their $2 wines! I used to live down the street from one but havent been in several years.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    I looove TJs. I used to live near one, but now I'm almost 3 hours away. When I go to the cities, I stop at the one in Maple Grove right before I head home - I bring a cooler and bags just for that!

• Options
    Brownie mix is yummy! Cheap eggs and bananas.
    Great salsa. ..
    Now I'm just hungry... So everything sounds great

We get the frozen orange chicken and green package of potstickers for a quick cheep Chinese night.
  • Options
    hatroopes said:

Don't forget their $2 wines! I used to live down the street from one but havent been in several years.

Yes but the $5-$6 are so much better!
    Honey moon viognier is great for the summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"