April 2013 Moms

I joined Instagram today

I don't get it. It's exactly like FB, no? Am I the old broad who doesn't understand technology? I get that it's only pictures...but....so far all the pictures I've seen of friends I'm following are the same as I see on Facebook.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I joined Instagram today

• I have thought the same thing since joining a few months ago. Although I think you can follow celebrities to see their pics, which some people do, I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Instagram! So much lower maintenance than Facebook. Some pics are the same as what I put on FB but definitely not all. I like seeing what my friends are doing without all the articles and political rants that clog my FB feed.

Ok I can see that.

• Quick question ....... I noticed on my Instagram that a few people I don't even know are following me. How do I delete unwanted followers? Also is there a way to make my account private? Where people must request to follow me?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Done! And done! Thanks!
  • I unfollow people who post the same stuff on every social media site so I only have to see it on Facebook. So if you're using it "right," you don't post the same thing everywhere. :)

• Much less "TMI / overshare'y" than Facebook.  No memes or annoying forward.  No news articles. No preachy thoughts that make you want to punch people.  Just pictures - mostly fun, but sometimes really artful due to how easy it is to edit with a smartphone (which I realize is cheating but to us hacks it is pretty fun).  You can follow brands but it is more about inspiration than trying to sell you a specific product (ie, my baby, TargetStyle does great outfitting inspiration).

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • letranger said:

I post way more pics on insta then Facebook. So get ready :)

@letranger lol- I thought my feed was broken because the first, like, 40 pics when I first signed up were of M and J. Then I realized I just didn't have enough friends and yours were the only pics I could see ;)

• My IG is jnpietro if you want to follow me.. I love IG
  • im pinkyschultz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"