TTC after 35

Fert Report In

I got the call from my center with our fert report.  Out of 8 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature and 4 fertilized.  Was hoping for better, but happy it wasn't worse.  We will decide on Friday (which will be day 3) after seeing how they grow if we will batch and freeze these with the other 2 from last month.  We are definitely leaning towards doing that and going for IVF #4.  Will speak with the RE about though. I've always said that I wanted to get as many eggs out as I can now, so I need to hold to those words.  6 just isn't enough in my eyes to proceed to testing at this point. One of the RE's at my clinic always tells me I need to go big or go home so I think I'll take her advice, lol.

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Fert Report In

• 4 embies sounds good to me. If you can get another 4 from doing another retrieval will that be enough for testing? If 10 embies is enough to test then I would definitely do one more retrieval. Maybe you will respond as good as you did last month and have even more.
    Fx that your little embies keep growing.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• I agree that's it best to do another round. It's a numbers game trying to find a normal one. Is hard to keep doing it but you know what the goal is! Fwiw, I never had 4 embryos with OE so it's pretty fantastic to me:-)

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Loading the player...
  • Best of luck to you, @PrivateOne!!
    Siggy Warning

TTC#1 since June 2012

Dx: Unexplained Infertility / AMA

BFP after 4th IUI cycle with Gonal F + Ovidrel on March 2014 | EDD 12/7/14 | MMC on 4/14/14 

IUI#5 with Gonal F and Ovidrel trigger on 6/6 - BFN

On to IVF #1 with a new RE. Started Gonal F and Menopur on 8/15.  Added Ganirelix on 8/24. Trigger on 8/26 for ER on 8/28. 8R 7M 3F.  Transferred all 3 on 8/31. BFP on 9/11 | EDD 5/20/15 - Beta #1: 56.7. Beta #2: 97. Beta #3: 1148. Beta #4: 3559. Beta #4: 7678. MMC confirmed on 10/13. D&C on 10/14 at 9w. Confirmed male with Trisomy 14.

On to IVF #2 in March. CCS Testing on 2 embies. No go. Waiting to start IVF #3 in July. Surprise BFP on 6/14! EDD - 2/20/16 - Beta #1: 121.4. Beta #2: 236.4. Beta #3: 2014.

December 4image

• FX those 4 keep on growing?

Are you waiting to do genetic testing? I'm just curious I'm going for ER tomorrow and planning on doing PGD but I'm so worried about not having enough and a good one.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • tlc35tlc35 member
    I am amazed by your strength.  I hope all 4 keep growing.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• tlc35 said:

This! Wishing you all the best!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• So glad you got good response:) praying they keep growing. Do you have a goal in mind of how many you want to freeze and have for testing? You are a strong woman! Will be thinking of you.....
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Great news!  So happy for you!!
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• BeckyP005 said:
    This! Wishing you all the best!!
    Same here! Sending you best wishes and lots of luck! 
    **** Warning: Children/Loss Mentioned ****

Natural cycle BFP 7/09; "baby bear" born 3/10
    Natural cycles starting 7/10; two cycles with clomid = BFP 12/10; m/c 2/2011 
    Cycle #3 with clomid = BFP 5/11; "baby lamb" born 2/12
    Natural cycles starting Nov 2013; 1/13 chemical pregnancy
    RE Apr 2014 Dx = hypothryoidism (Rx for synthroid)
    BFP 6/2014 Baby #3 due Feb 2015

• Congrats and I also hope those four keep growing!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Thank you all for your support and well wishes.  I love that you all think I am so strong.  I guess on the outside I apear that way but if you only knew I'm a terrified crazy mess on the inside. However, somehow I know the end goal is more important than any fears I have and that keeps me going.

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• FX those 4 keep on growing? Are you waiting to do genetic testing? I'm just curious I'm going for ER tomorrow and planning on doing PGD but I'm so worried about not having enough and a good one.
    Good luck with your ER tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly and you get lots of eggs. 

My RE mentioned the batching process as a good option when I inquired about PGD.  He told me it would be a way to improve our odds of getting "normal" embryos because statistically the more you have to test the higher percentage of normals you have.  Plus we wouldn't be wasting time and money by doing the process each time for each individual cycle. It all made sense to us and that is why we are doing it.  At my age the average % of normal eggs is only 20%.  So that is really not a great number.  I think I would like to have at least 10 to test and think I can get there with one more retrieval. 

image   image

image  image

• CaraHCaraH member
    Congratulations on the four and good luck with the next retrieval.  Hang in there!  I can only imagine how hard this is, but your decision really makes sense.

• FX those 4 keep on growing?

Are you waiting to do genetic testing? I'm just curious I'm going for ER tomorrow and planning on doing PGD but I'm so worried about not having enough and a good one.

Good luck with your ER tomorrow. I hope everything goes smoothly and you get lots of eggs. 

My RE mentioned the batching process as a good option when I inquired about PGD.  He told me it would be a way to improve our odds of getting "normal" embryos because statistically the more you have to test the higher percentage of normals you have.  Plus we wouldn't be wasting time and money by doing the process each time for each individual cycle. It all made sense to us and that is why we are doing it.  At my age the average % of normal eggs is only 20%.  So that is really not a great number.  I think I would like to have at least 10 to test and think I can get there with one more retrieval. 

I've honestly never thought about batches to have a better chance of a good egg. Were doing PGD too and I made a change yesterday saying if we only end up with 2-3 I'd just do a fresh and not risk losing a good one to the thawing process just in case and as you know so expensive. I REALLY don't want to have another miscarriage and this whole process is making my head spin, if only I had a crystal ball. I hate this whole process because of the uncertainty, I don't want to make the wrong decision.

I really hope you get your 10!!

Fucking bump!!!!
  • lcwedlcwed member
    Yah for the four and FX they keep growing.  Good Luck with the next batch.  Maybe you will get lucky and end up with more than 10.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• U can do it!!! Fx everything works out for u :)
  • Pintobean39 - Wishing you all the best today and hope you get much more than you expect.  It would be great if you have enough to still be able to do PGD and make it worth your while. I personally feel PGD is so important especially when there's been prior loss. However, I completely understand that you need to make the best choice for you.  Knowing when and how to go about testing is a very tough and complex decision.Again GL and let us know how you make out.

image   image

image  image

• @PrivateOne, congrats on your four embies--grow, little guys/girls, grow!!  FX for another good retrieval!

@Pintobean39, good luck!  Let us know how it goes!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• Good luck @Pintobean‌39 !!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• ksgsmuksgsmu member
    good luck!!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Thanks @PrivateOne‌ my dr and I discussed it today he agrees with me 2 is prob not worth PGD. He says his magic number is 4 but ultimately it's my decision. We ended up getting 19 eggs, 15 were the highest grade, 3 were just ok, and 1 immature. So I'm hoping and praying they fertilize and make it to do PGD because that's what I really want.
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Thanks @PrivateOne‌ my dr and I discussed it today he agrees with me 2 is prob not worth PGD. He says his magic number is 4 but ultimately it's my decision. We ended up getting 19 eggs, 15 were the highest grade, 3 were just ok, and 1 immature. So I'm hoping and praying they fertilize and make it to do PGD because that's what I really want.
    Hi @Pintobean39: I think that sounds positive! FX that they fertilize. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• FX for a good fert report, @pintobean39!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• PrivateOne Sending more keep growing embies well wishes! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"