Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When to go up a diaper size

When do you know it's time to move up a size? My daughter will be 6 weeks on Thursday and she is still in newborn size (almost 9 lbs). We have half a newborn case to go, but I need to order more diapers. I bought 2 cases a week before Memorial Day, so they've lasted about 3.5 weeks. We also use 2 small packages over Memorial weekend (we were traveling). Is it safe to buy 2 more cases of newborn size or should I move to size 1's? The diapers aren't leaking and the tabs are still able to touch in the middle when we fasten the diaper. I was going to use diapers.com to order, but in 2 weeks I don't want to be stuck with a case of diapers that we can't use. 

Thanks! 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: When to go up a diaper size

• Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    I would not order more newborn. Move up to size 1s whenever you like. I would go to the store and get a small pack of size 1s in the brand you like to make sure they aren't too big/leak and then order those. But at that weight you should be about right for size 1s. My son was born 8 1/2 lbs and could have worn 1s from the beginning.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My son was born 8/3 and has been wearing size 1 since birth. I agree with pp I would not order anymore newborn size diapers.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD will also be 6 weeks tomorrow and we have been using size 1 diapers for a couple of weeks now. We switched when the newborn diapers were leaving marks on her legs like they were too tight.
  • Options
    I have a couple small size 1 packages and they still seem to big for her. Maybe she just has a tiny butt :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    We know when they start leaking. Depending on the brand of diaper and the shape of your baby, the weight ranges may be WAY off. The first few times you use a bigger diaper you'll think it can't possibly be right because it looks HUGE, but by the third or fourth diaper you'll wonder how they ever fit in anything smaller.
    imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"