Babies: 3 - 6 Months

LO is all over the place in his crib

So, my little guy is a squirmer big time! When I put him down at night, usually for the first half of the night he sleeps soundly, not really moving... the 2nd half of the night, he is all over the place. About once and hour, he wakes up because he's pushed his feet through the slats of the crib, or he has shimmied his whole body to the side, and his face is planted against the side of the crib... This literally happens once and hour from 12ish to 6am, when he wakes up. THank god he's not rolling over back to front yet.

I'm tired, he's tired... what can I do to keep him in place, and sleeping soundly? Has anyone else encountered this?
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: LO is all over the place in his crib

• r0zzr0zz member
    Bb girl does this too. Whether she was swaddled or had her arms out. I have the mesh crib bumpers to keep her limbs out of the crib slats but at night when she squirms to get comfy I just check on her every now and then and reposition her. I can't really do anything about keeping her in place.
  • My DD is the same. I have not used any swaddling or mesh bumpers or anything else, just let her be. Despite all her squirming and shimmying, she still stays asleep, thankfully.

BabyGaga

• Loading the player...
  • roo1ooroo1oo member
    I would just let him be or try the mesh bumpers. My guy regularly ends up turned around on the opposite side of the crib. He also sleeps with his face planted in the mattress and butt in the air. I just let him be if he's not waking up.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The mesh bumper pads are awesome!  My LO moves around a lot too but doesn't really wake herself up doing it anymore.
  • Tess024Tess024 member
    Thank you ladies! He's stopped waking up, so now if I go in to check on him, I just move him back.

I went in to check on him this morning, and he did a complete 180... not sure how he managed that! lol.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My LO is the same way! Completely turning around and scrunching up at the foot of her crib. I asked her doctor yesterday and she said it was totally normal and safe as long as she's the one moving herself around and I'm not in there switching her position!
  • spotco2spotco2 member
    Couple of options. Some people put "pool noodles" under the fitted sheet to create humps that the baby can not roll over.

You can also buy something like this to keep them in place

We use one of these wedges because he would spit up if laid flat after eating. He is strapped in and the sides are high enough that he will not roll over them

Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Our LO is doing this too. It only really wakes her up (fussing/crying out) if she gets her legs in one of the slats and can't get it out. We fix it, give her the paci, and she generally falls back to sleep pretty quickly. Sometimes if we catch it before she wakes up, we'll gently stick her leg back in the crib before it has a chance to upset her. I'm not really comfortable using bumpers, plus I wouldn't be able to see her at night (her crib is still in our room) so we're letting it go.

Glad to know we aren't the only ones though. :) When my mom was watching her one night she implied it was strange how active she was in her sleep.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"