Special Needs
Options

Need advice not SN related

ToastieSimonsToastieSimons member
edited June 2014 in Special Needs
Thanks for the advice!
To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew

Re: Need advice not SN related

• Options
    Princess_LilyPrincess_Lily member
    edited June 2014
    I'm so sorry you're in this predicament.

I think the best time to confront your aunt would've been when the crappy words were said, at the event itself. However, since that time has passed its over and done with.

I would be civil only due to your circumstances. Your in a situation where this person cannot be avoided, and it would be wrong to bring your mother in the middle of your problem. Its her sister, as Auntie said...she probably knows the darker side of this girl.

At least now you know the type of person you're dealing with, you cannot change others - but you can change how you deal with them.

Good luck :)
    photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. My mom knew my MIL was upset about something so I am just going to make up some story. I talked to my dad about it and he agreed not to tell my mom at this point. They are going on vacation soon so I am hoping everything blows over. I have no intention of confronting my Aunt. That night was about my parents which is what I am most upset about. So sor now I adjust distancing myself and my kids from them. They do not need people like that in their life. I will have to figure out something in the future though because my mom will bring up spending time with her and I can't avoid it forever.
    To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just want to say, I only said mail bc I always sound much better on paper when I am hurt or angry. Not bc it is an easier way to confront her. Good luck!
    I think the only reason I am going to avoid confronting her is because she wants the drama.  She's clearly trying to create it so if I just act like I don't care and nothing has happened I figured it would be more torturous than if I confront her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"