December 2012 Moms

Coxsackie

So I'm pretty sure that dd caught coxsackie, my adult friend came down with it on Sunday and now dd today. She has red spots on her feet, she had a fever, and didn't eat much dinner. I'm sure she will wake up worse tomorrow. Apparently it's been going around like wildfire in the schools here. Dd doesn't go to school or daycare but we are at the park a lot. We went to the spray park last Monday and I have heard of 5 different people going there and catching it! Hopefully it runs it's course quickly and she doesn't have a bad case of it. My friend that has it has a terrible case and I called her this am and she was literally crying her throat hurt so bad. She said she wouldn't wish it upon her worst enemy! Yikes! So I'm praying dds is not that bad!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Coxsackie

• I posted about a month ago about DD getting HFM and then I got it and it was terrible. It feels like a mouth full of canker sores. I only got like 2 blisters on hand/feet. You know you (or dd) have it if you look at the roof of your mouth and see tiny red/purple dots. It can last for about 10 days but the first week is the worst. DD barely showed any symptoms but she did have a full body rash and some spots in her diaper area. She wasn't eating well but I know other LO's stop eating for a couple of days. Lots of purees/cottage cheese/ice cream can help. I hope your dd gets better soon and hopefully handles it well! Also, I made the mistake of sharing my food (same spoon) with her so I know that is how I got it. If you had it as a kid though, then you're good. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What is coxsackle? I need to google.

I hope she feels better

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It's hand foot and mouth! I was freaking out for you, like thinking it was some strange tropical disease.

imageimageimage
  • Thanks ladies, yes I think that's the medical term, but HFM is the same thing lol.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I also share everything with dd,spoons, forks, she takes bites of my food, feeds me hers etc lol so I'm sure I'm next!!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • *LrCg**LrCg* member
    One of mine had it only on their hands & feet & the other only in their mouth. For the ones on the skin, I would wipe the sores with tree tree oil a few times a day and it prevented it from spreading & healed with days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"