April 2013 Moms

GTKY again because Tuesdays ARE SLOW: Misheard Lyrics

My husband says i'm the queen of selective hearing when it comes to songs and that i'm always making up my own lyrics. This is my favorite flub of mine: 

"Cry Me a River" JT: 
Original lyric "bridges will burn now it's your turn..." 
What I thought it said: "b*tches will burn now it's your turn...." Well, he was angry right!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: GTKY again because Tuesdays ARE SLOW: Misheard Lyrics

• Loading the player...
  • @mrandmrsk91011 It really does sound like Tony Danza!!!!!!

• Real Lyric: Just like the white winged dove

I sing: Just like the wild ranger..sings a song sounds  like she singin whooo whooo

My DH grew up thinking they said: Just like the one winged dove
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From "Smoke on the Water"

Real lyric: smooooke on the water, fire in the sky
    My made up lyric: slooooow talking Walter, the fire engine guy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I can't think of any off the top of my head, but my husband and every boyfriend I've ever had (since I was old enough to drive), ALL have commented on my unique ability to keep belting along with the car radio even if I have NO idea what the lyrics are, so I'll just make shit up.  I don't even realize I'm doing it.  I think it is hilarious that every guy in my life since age 16 has noticed and commented on this.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • This isn't really a misheard lyric but SO changes a few words to this sing and now it's all I ever hear when I listen to the song....Easton Corbin "all over the road" Real lyric: it's hard to concentrate with her pretty little lips in my neck. SO sings: it's hard to concentrate with her pretty little lips on my dick!

DEAD! =)) I can totally understand how he "heard" that haha
  • This isn't really a misheard lyric but SO changes a few words to this sing and now it's all I ever hear when I listen to the song....Easton Corbin "all over the road" Real lyric: it's hard to concentrate with her pretty little lips in my neck. SO sings: it's hard to concentrate with her pretty little lips on my dick!
    On the topic of current country songs, my DH was convinced (until I had to correct him, thank god before he sang along with other people around) that:

Jake Owen Beaching: And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, slow tide rollin'
    White sand, cold can, koozie in my hand, just a summertime strolling

He sings its : And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, slow tide rollin'
    White sand, COCAINE, koozie in my hand, just a summertime strolling
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

On the topic of current country songs, my DH was convinced (until I had to correct him, thank god before he sang along with other people around) that:

Jake Owen Beaching: And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, slow tide rollin'
    White sand, cold can, koozie in my hand, just a summertime strolling

He sings its : And it's sunshine, blue eyes, tan lines, slow tide rollin'
    White sand, COCAINE, koozie in my hand, just a summertime strolling
    HAHAHAHA...thats how I sing it too!
  • camdensmom32camdensmom32 member
    edited June 2014
    Justin Timberlake: Not a bad thing Real lyric: cause you might look around and find your dreams come true, with me What I hear: cause you might fuck around and find your dreams come true, with me
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Jdubb13 said:

Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze

Original Lyric: Excuse me why I kiss the sky.

I hear everytime: Excuse me why I kiss this guy.

This is me, too.

Also, for the longest time I was convinced Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball lyrics were "I came in like a rainbow...".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"