Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone's toddler with webbed toes?

My 14 month old has the 2nd/3rd toes on each foot webbed together.  He crawled around 6 months and still isn't really walking.  He has taken a few steps, but seems uneasy on the feet.  I've brought his feet up at every appointment and the pedi always confirms it isn't an issue.  He has his 15 month appointment in a couple of weeks and I'll have her check out his gate, but wasn't sure if anyone had any experience or trouble walking with webbed toes?

Thanks!

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone's toddler with webbed toes?

• I agree with the poster above. 14 months is still in the realm of acceptable. But, I'm curious. Why haven't they separate the toes? Is there a timeframe for doing so?
  • =Lee=B=Lee=B member

I know an 18 month old with a few webbed toes on each foot.  She's been walking since about 12months and running shortly after.  Unless the big toes is webbed I would highly doubt it has anything to do with walking.  Not sure the big toe would have an affect but I believe the big toes has more to do with balance so there may be a slight chance.

Just give him time.  Many kids don't walk until 16-17months and are perfectly fine.

• Loading the player...
  • jinnymbjinnymb member
    Okay thanks ladies!!   Yeah since it's not his big toe, they don't separate, said it could do more harm than good.  He has two actual toes, they are just stuck together, lol.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Long time lurker here. I have my 2nd and 3rd toes webbed on each foot as does my sister, father, grandmother, grandfather etc. It never caused any delay in any of our walking what so ever. I wouldn't be concerned if your child isn't walking yet. My DD didn't start walking until 15 mo. Our pedi said it would only be a concern if she wasn't walking by 18mo.
  • Our 21 month has the same.. toes 2&3 webbed he was walking at 14month.... every baby is different.
  • hmdhmd member
    I have those same toes webbed on both feet.  I didn't have trouble walking either.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Me and my 16 month old both have webbed toes - the 2nd and 3rd. No problems here! :) I think they are cute. Hahaha
  • lol actually he has just this week started walking a lot more, thanks for the responses!! I know his little toes have grown on me and I find them adorable now : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"