Blended Families
Options

Intro

Well hello! I'm kind of excited that this section of the forums exists on here I'm sure I'll be able to draw a lot of support from what you ladies have to say!

I am 23 and have been married to my hubby for almost two years. He has a 4 yo daughter who is absolutely adorable and the relationship with her BM is very good. We are pregnant with our first child due in December and I'm really excited!

So far I haven't been too much of an emotional wreck although I forces myself to deal with my own feelings about his past way before now to help that. I am sure his daughter will love our baby. The only concern I still hold is that she won't like being around us as much or will think we don't love her as much when she's not the only child here. (Her mom has no other kids)

Anyway just an introduction and a little bit of our story! Looking forward to getting to know all you awesome moms of blended families!

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome to the board!

I'm sure your family will make the transition just fine, but I understand the concerns. Just make sure your DH, and maybe even you, take time to do things with just her once the new baby arrives so she doesn't feel pushed aside. You can also involve her in preparation for the new baby by having her help set up the nursery, pick out baby clothes, and/or letting her pick out a "welcome" toy or other gift from her to the new sibling. This could help excite her about the situation and help her feel involved in the process of change. 
  • Options

All of the above!

We just added a LO to our blended family and I was also worried about how SD's would handle things. They have adjusted well and although it's hard, I am sure to spend time doing something with them while baby's napping. I have started to include them on helping me with things as baby is started to coo and grab toys so they really enjoy that.

Congrats and GL. I'm sure everything will work out (=

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers                            

My Loves= SD 18 SS 16 SS13 DD13 DS10 SD6 SD5 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"