February 2013 Moms

Missed Connections Update

Omg, you guys. Hot Grocery Guy responded to my post this morning  ;;)

His first email was really weird. Something about acting motivated by fantasy and presuming the grocery guy wasn't a horrible person or whatever. It was weird. The first name matched Hot Grocery Guy, but the first and last name matched this folk/rock singer in my city (not the same person), so I wasn't sure. I responded anyway, and called him out on his bullshit.

So he replied again and basically said, "Um, you did check the name on the email, right? HELLO, IT'S ME. HOT GROCERY GUY."

I hyperventilated a little, not gonna lie lol. I finally responded to him and am waiting on him to demonstrate he knows who I am. Y'all, what have I gotten myself into...

Re: Missed Connections Update

• pinesnow said:
    Also, lol at nick naming him "hot grocery guy". Can I call you Mrs. Hot Grocery Guy?
    My initial reaction was "yes," but I think that's a liiiiittle too fast lol

Remember, the first email was really weird. He might still be a touch insane ;)

Glad you're feelin' me right now lol 

• Loading the player...
  • kelly321 said:
    Wow!!! :) So, um, are you going grocery shopping anytime in the next few days? 
    I go on the weekends. I am glad I have the rest of the week to get things sorted out with HGG. 

• Ohh! How exciting!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• luxannie said:
    Omg! Love it!!! I'm still a bit confused by the point of his odd first email. But here's to hoping it's a failed attempt at humor! What's your test to find out if it's really him?
    I just told him I wasn't going to assume he knew who I was and he'd have to prove it. We'll see what he comes up with lol 

• I would also like to say that even if he turns out to be crazy, I still recommend getting a little action in. #winwinsituation
    Haha, we'll see! It's been about a year and a half since any of *that* has happened, so... Yeah lol 

It'll mostly just be fun and interesting to meet up with an attractive person in that capacity. 

• Y'all need to cheel lol

• luxannie said:
    Can I come down there and babysit so you can go on all the dates with HGG?
    Please do! 

• OMG!!!!!  That is awesome!

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• lrtrauth said:
    I'm sooooo excited for my Boo!!!! HGG betta not replace me tho :\">
    How could he ever? :x :x :x

• UPDATE:  HGG might not have figured out who I am yet. He's being coy, and decided to ask me a few yes/no questions instead of guessing outright. 2 out of 3 were "yes," which means he either thinks my nonverbal DS is age 3-4 or he was thinking I'm someone else. 

I will keep y'all posted with further developments! 

• I am preeetty sure it's him. His email style is similar to his IRL speaking style (kinda quirky, slightly official, not super-duper casual). 

FX that he's just bad at guessing ages. I am open to him not being interested in the end, though. This has already been fun lol 

• luxannie said:
    Super fun, and it's not even my life!
    Maybe you'll have to come up with a code, like "I'll wear a red shirt and so will DS and I'll buy four bananas on Saturday." And tell him to talk to you if he's interested.
    Wait, now that I've written that out, it's super lame. Don't do what I say. ;-)
    No, I think doing something like like is a great way of finding out if it's the HGG or not!!! Do it!

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• <~ not gonna wait til Saturday at the earliest to find out if this e-flirtation session is with HGG. Goal is to get to the bottom of it by tomorrow at the latest. 

Plus, I am 99% sure it IS HGG. Now I'm just waiting to figure out if he's even remotely interested.

• Omg omg OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wipe this huge smile off my face Frenchie!!!! I'm so cheesin' right now. Say yes! Say yes!!!!!!!

imageimage

Anniversary

• Frenchie, if I remember right, you're....25? Yes? How old is this guy?

imageimage

Anniversary

• I'm late to the party but
    EEEEEEKKkKkKK!!

that's it. Now I'm gonna live vicariously through you. This is so exciting

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• This is freaking incredible! I came home and told DH this story. I cannot handle the excitement. May is right, what are the chances?! 

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

• I am in.love withe OITNB gifs showing up!
  • @PeanutR1 - the actual CL post has too many identifying details for both the dude and me. And if I copy/paste, then there's a chance it'll get found here and that's just dangerous lol

Here's my original post about it, tho

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"