Stay at Home Moms

What was your dream job?

When you were growing up what did you want to be? Did you become it? If not, why?

Check out my blog ---->  http://minismama.com/

Re: What was your dream job?

• I wanted to be a dentist since I was in middle school. I interned for my dentist through high school and was a dental assistant in college. Problem is I don't like school. I ended up changing my mind junior year in college. I gave up because I didn't want to have to go through so much schooling. I got a degree in communications, decided I wanted to be a famous writer, got married and had babies. The only thing I write is my blog and I'm pretty far from famous but you never know what can happen haha. And as for dentistry I tell DH all the time that when my babies go to school I'm going back too. But that dream may be seriously out of reach at this point. No regrets though.

• caybehcaybeh member
    Yes. I wanted to be an accountant....and then a mommy. I was an worked as an accountant for almost four years, and then became a mommy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• Loading the player...
  • DC2London said:
    I wanted to be Princess Diana lol.  But I managed to be a kindergarten teacher, and a ballerina, just like her. And I'm the mother of two handsome fellas, just like her.  If I could just secure that Princess of Wales gig.....
    Ha!  I also wanted to be famous like Britney Spears..but then she shaved her head and there was the umbrella car bashing incident so I let that dream fade away...

• Ballerina!!
    DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ballistics for the FBI or blood spatter for a local police department
  • I changed my mind all the time. Still do.

• I wanted to be an Archeologist or Geologist, get an advanced degree and travel the world doing research.  Then in college I majored in Linguistics and wanted to be a professional language learner (haha).  Then I went to grad school for poli sci and wanted to save the world.  

Now I'd just like a job that has flexible hours and pays well.  And preferably isn't mind numbingly boring.
  • hls19 said:
    Ballistics for the FBI or blood spatter for a local police department
    What the heck is a blood spatter.  Sounds like something I experience when Mini skins a knee.  Are the 2 related haha

• hls19 said:
    Ballistics for the FBI or blood spatter for a local police department
    What the heck is a blood spatter.  Sounds like something I experience when Mini skins a knee.  Are the 2 related haha
    Blood splatter analysis. Determining ways people died or got hurt by blood splatter in the house. Like Dexter!!
  • CeeBug said:

I wanted to be a ballerina or a teacher. After growing to be only 5 ft. 2 in. And having neither dancing ability nor a dancer's physique, I became a teacher instead.

I danced in ballet for many years, also at 5'2". What I really really always wanted to be was home with my babies. SAHM... done.

DocumentsMy PicturesBabyBump13+wks.bmp BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I wanted to be a psychologist or a retail buyer.  I did the buyer route (well assisted in the process) and it was not as glamorous as I had imagined. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • jnksmomjnksmom member
    edited June 2014
    I wanted to be a teacher, a lawyer, and a photographer. Ihave a degree in elementary education and plan to go back to teaching in a couple years. I would love to take some photography classes and do that on the side as well.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Moving forward, beyond babies, I would love to be a pastry chef.
  • I wanted to be a city bus driver. Unfortunately the dream never came true.

DS1 4.4.11. &  DS2 4.18.13
  • My dream job was to be a jockey. I am the right height (5'1") but I just never had enough riding lesson nor lived around a track where I could work my way up. I still want to do it sometimes, but it'll never happen.

I'm hopefully starting college soon to become a nurse. So, way off from my dream job!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • The first thing I remember wanting to be as a little girl was a grocery store cashier, since it looked like so much fun to scan the groceries.

Then I wanted to be a primary school teacher. I went to school to do that, and ended up teaching English as a Second Language at our local college for a little while, but that was the closest I came.

Now, if kids/money/time were not a factor, my dream job would be a pastry chef.
  • I wanted to be a vet until I was old enough to realize that sometimes I wouldn't be able to save an animal, and I wouldn't be able to emotionally handle animals dying on a daily basis. Then I wanted to be an actress. Went to school for theatre and ended up never getting a part in a show, but I loved costuming, so I majored in that .
  • I wanted to be a police officer, an air force pilot, JAG officer, and then a prosecutor/judge. I worked in criminal defense for a short period of time and eventually married an air force officer....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • feffy11 said:
    I always wanted to be a teacher... until after college. Now I want an empire like Martha Stewart has. @veggiebabylove‌ linguists are few and far between, glad to see I'm not alone
    @veggiebabylove‌ and @feffy11‌, I'm a linguist too. For a while, I wanted to be a pediatric speech language pathologist, but I (lazily) decided it was too much school/residency/etc.
  • stgn01stgn01 member
    Dream Job = taste tester for Ben & Jerry's

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • As a kid I wanted to be an actress. That lasted all the way through HS. In HS I was in a magnet theater program through my school and loved it. I got into college to be a stage manager, but ended up deciding not to go.

I then took a year off from school to figure myself out (best decision of my life) briefly considered nursing until I remembered I can't handle blood and decided to study history. While in school I worked in history museums and loved it, but couldn't get a better paid job after college. Then I went to grad school and got married while in grad school, got pregnant and couldn't afford to continue my studies.

Now I'm hoping that once DH and I are a bit settled I can get a docent position with a local historical site because I love doing that!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a little kid I wanted to be a lion tamer. I am sorry to report that did not happen. There just weren't any lions around here to tame. When I was a little older I wanted to be a vet. That didn't happen either. Now I would like to be a sometimes travel writer. How great would it be to get paid to travel. Better yet, one that writes about traveling with the family, so they pay for all of us to go.
    Proud Mommy to Kaylie 12-04, Alaina 5-06 & Annalise 6-08 imageimage
  • I wanted to be a teacher, and I did for a couple of years before becoming a SAHM.

That, or a soap opera actress...well, some days it certainly does feel like putting on a daily show. There are props and dress up and rehashed dialog. ;)

• Add me to the list of people wanting to be a linguist. My parents listened to me and said, "That's nice. What exactly are you going to do with that degree?" I didn't have a good answer, so I became a Spanish/bilingual teacher.

• I wanted to be a waitress when I was I kid, I thought they made good money in tips. I'm currently working on my BA in psychology and being certified as a drug counselor. My DEAM job is running a post production company with my DH. He is a TV editor, we think it would be fun to work together. We'd have an office cat.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"