September 2014 Moms
Options

Getting impatient already!

I hit 27 weeks today and I am DYING to see what LO looks like in my belly! Trying to fight the urge to go and pay for a 3d/4d ultrasound because they are ridiculously expensive and unnecessary. I know she needs to bake in there a little bit longer but I feel like I'm hitting the homestretch here. 

Jess & Jason | DSS 8 | DSD 6
VR 4/20/2013 | BFP 1/5/2014 | Baby Girl EDD 9/9/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Getting impatient already!

• Options
    AR1of2AR1of2 member
    The suspense is killing me a little bit, too! Although I also love surprises, so sometimes I find the waiting to be fun...it's a fine line! I just had a very prolonged dream last night that I was massively pregnant and waiting to go into labor...every little twitch would have me jumping up thinking maybe that's a contraction starting! So ridiculous, but it made me realize that my subconscious is even more obsessed with getting to the end than I am consciously!!
  • Options
    I know!! I feel like the wait is so long! Realistically I am not ready for this baby to be born, emotionally yes I am ready, physically no I'm not ready has far as supplies and set up of the house. But I just want him here and to make sure he's healthy and see his personality and what he looks like.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I feel like nearly everyone gets this way toward the end. A coworker was just induced at 5 days past her due date, ended up getting a c section because she wasn't progressing, and her baby was 7 pounds. I was surprised they didn't wait until she was at least a week late. So many women at work said you just can't wait anymore at that point. DH and I were both born 10+ days late. I expect my baby to come after due date. Is that weird? I am a very patient person - preschool teacher and team green and never felt tempted to even find out.

That being said, I am so excited to meet our baby and see who will be raising! I love every little kick and feel like I already know this baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My friend just had her baby last night a month early (he's just fine!) so that totally sent me into "OMG I have so much to do!" panic mode! Not ready yet!!  But I'm sure I'll get there soon enough.
    image"funny">imageimage
    Mom of Boys!!

Baby #1 - 3 years old
    Baby #2 - Born 10/1/14

• Options
    Some days I just want him to be here already and others I go into a panic thinking about all the stuff we need to still get done/ would like to buy!
  • Options
    I'm trying not to rush through my pregnancy, but I am really eager to meet her. It hit me two weeks ago when we had our last ultrasound. I just can't wait to see her little face and know who she is.

• Options
    I'm 27 weeks today too and all I can think about is meeting this baby. I know it needs to "cook" a little longer but I'm not a patient person to begin with so another 13 weeks feels like a lifetime!
    BabyFruit Ticker  
  • Options
    Im so not ready for him to get here.  We still have his nursery to do and things to get ready.  Emotionally though I think we are all in the same boat, we cant wait to see our baby's little faces and have them here already.

Word of advice...>Dont go pay for an elective ultrasound you may be dissapointed in what they find.  I have to have ultrasounds once a month to check on LO's growth.  The most recent was last weekend at 24 weeks.  This was the best one as far as 3d/4d face shots and still you cant really seem him that great.

Here is my little Cooper at 24 weeks.  He was breech again which supposedly makes it a little more tough for face shots
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    I feel like September can't here fast enough.
  • Options
    I am tired of being pregnant already (mostly just from the stress and anxiety of it all), but I am by no means ready for her to be here yet. I want to spend the next 3.5 months focused on DS and all the things I need to get ready for her. So she can stay put and cook until she is supposed to come out! =).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

This LO has started ot move a bit more, so I have been enjoying getting to know her personality that way.  Now that I have meet 3 LOs, personalities inside seems to match personalities outside (ie movers vs those that didn't move as much).  It's fun to poke at her and see what she does in response.

Are we bad parents?  LOL.

C+C born June 2011

Surprise! H born Novemeber 2012

Baby #4 due September 2014

• Options
    I am so ready for him to be here. I thought the first trimester was scary but the third one is proving to be just as scary if not more because I have such a bond with him now and I just want him here safe and in my arms. 

I am trying to enjoy all aspects of being pregnant since it took us 3 years to get here but man do I just want my son!!
    Me - 26 - Suspected PCOS
    DH - 28 - Slightly low T and low morphology

Jan 2011 - Stop BCP
    Jan/Feb 2013 - Normal hormone panel/HSG - tubes clear
    April 2013 - DH's bloodwork and SA - low T and 0% morphology - Start DH on Clomid and vitamin regimen 
    May 2013 - start metformin for PCOS but ended up stopping in July 2013 due to elevated liver function
    Sept 2013 - first RE appointment/follow-up SA shows 2% morph!!
    October 2013 - IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid CD4-8, 100mg Clomid CD12-16, Ovidrel - BFN
    November 2013 - IUI #2 - 5mg Femara CD4-8, Ovidrel - Chemical pregnancy :'(
    December 2013 - IUI #3 - 5mg Femara CD3-7, Ovidrel - BFP!!!!!!! Beta 1: 157, Beta 2: 636 (doubling time 35.67 hours)
    January 14, 2014 - Viability ultrasound - Measuring 7w4d with a beautiful heart beat of 146bpm!!!
    February 17, 2014 - NT scan - Everything looks perfect! Heartbeat of 162bpm!
    April 3, 2014 - AS scan - Still looks perfect! Heartbeat of 135bpm :) It's a BOY!!!
  • Options
    I'm definitely curious to meet baby, find out if it's a girl or boy, and get to know his/her personality. At the same time, I'm freaking out that September is just around the corner and we still have lots to do. Making good progress in the nursery, but still have other house projects to work on before baby's arrival.
  • Options
    I'm also really curious about what our baby is going to look like, but at the moment I'm more excited about her getting to the size where I can see a hand or foot kicking out (I might also complain about that in a few weeks).  We still have a lot of stuff to do (a lot of rearranging and a lot of stuff involving our pocket books) so no huge rush...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I am definitely to this point too. I would like to think, had our 20 wk a/s gone a little differently, I might be satisfied with those pics, but I feel like I got no indication of anything as he was very uncooperative and only gave us clear shots of his skull, his forearm and his nuts. :)

We decided to get a 3D ultrasound - which we are doing this weekend. Hopefully that works out a little better. He is much more active this time around than he was 8 weeks ago. So his odds of turning over seem pretty good.

I'm also pretty ready to not be pregnant anymore and have an after-work cocktail like the old days, lol. :D Only 12 more weeks to go!

• Options
    This was a surprise pregnancy for us and I'm a wedding photographer. I have 12 weddings to shoot between now and DD2 being born, so I can absolutely wait! I have to be there for all of those weddings . . . and then come Sept 1 I'll finally be able to focus on the fact that we have another baby coming! Trying to not freak out about it.
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Options
    Groxb said:
    Part of me is ready, while the other part is still freaking out over what's about to occur. Hello life change and hello beautiful little girl!
    This, exactly. Lately I have started really thinking about just how different life is going to be. We have my stepkids but throwing a newborn baby girl into that mix is just going to be so new to everyone.

This LO has started ot move a bit more, so I have been enjoying getting to know her personality that way.  Now that I have meet 3 LOs, personalities inside seems to match personalities outside (ie movers vs those that didn't move as much).  It's fun to poke at her and see what she does in response.

Are we bad parents?  LOL.

No way, not bad parents at all! I poke baby girl often to see what she will do. I have heard from many that personalities inside tend to match them outside. If that's the case, we sure do have a little daredevil. She is quite the mover.

Jess & Jason | DSS 8 | DSD 6
    VR 4/20/2013 | BFP 1/5/2014 | Baby Girl EDD 9/9/2014

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"