Preemies

RSV question

Would my boys still need the shots after they turn one? that would it in July, ?so way before the season starts.

?

TIA,

?

Zeidy ?

Re: RSV question

• If you could get qualified for the season after they turn one it would be good, but I don't think alot of people get approval for a second season.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • it can't hurt to try and get approved. ?we had it last year after they were d/c'd from the nicu (feb-april) and this year as well (oct-april).
  • Loading the player...
  • DS couldn't get approved this year and he was only 8 months at the start of the season. Most guidelines say if they don't have chronic respiratory/heart/lung issues and they are over 6 months at the start of the season then they won't be approved.

Oh...and ds was a 33 weeker. They seem to be more willing to approve micropreemies for a second round.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Size-wise, one of my guys was a micropreemie (according to our nicu, but I think different nicus have different qualifications for what exactly a micro preemie is). But he was 10 mos old at the start of this RSV season, and my guys didn't qualify.
  • the american assoc of pedi's has the guidlines on their website

Rowen Alexander born 10 weeks early 1/28/07

www.4wquestions.blogspot.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"