May 2013 Moms
Options

laundry question

J has a sock monkey lovey that goes absolutely everywhere and does everything with him... and after a year of this, it's starting to stink, even after washing. Any BTDT moms have any tips or tricks for this???

Re: laundry question

• Options
    My biggest advice is buy a duplicate! The world will come to an end if this lovey is ever lost. Someone recommended this to me, and that way I could launder one while my DD had the other. This also allowed for a "rest" airing out so both of them didn't smell nearly as bad.

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Options
    I agree. I buy in duplicate and rotate. Sorry that's not helpful.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would try soaking it for a few minutes in oxyclean then launder as usual. Lay it in the bright sunshine to dry. The sun does wonders :) Good luck!
  • Options
    tee18tee18 member
    Infrequent poster here - I second the white vinegar! I know there are websites that say to put it in in a certain cycle, but I always just put it in in the beginning with the detergent (I have an old top loader). It works wonders. Stinky towels, clothes, anything. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

My biggest advice is buy a duplicate! The world will come to an end if this lovey is ever lost. Someone recommended this to me, and that way I could launder one while my DD had the other. This also allowed for a "rest" airing out so both of them didn't smell nearly as bad.

I've been told this several times but my MIL got it for us for Christmas before J was even born. My mom is working on making him another and I'm crossing my fingers that it will work the same!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I've been told this several times but my MIL got it for us for Christmas before J was even born. My mom is working on making him another and I'm crossing my fingers that it will work the same!!!
    We used ours for DS's Christmas photos but he never cared for it as a lovey. If you're interested, I could sell it to you if you don't find it anywhere!
  • Options
    Trish625 said:

We used ours for DS's Christmas photos but he never cared for it as a lovey. If you're interested, I could sell it to you if you don't find it anywhere!
    Oooo I'd be intested! Pm me your terms!
  • Options
    theresaw7 said:

Infrequent poster here - I second the white vinegar! I know there are websites that say to put it in in a certain cycle, but I always just put it in in the beginning with the detergent (I have an old top loader). It works wonders. Stinky towels, clothes, anything. 

We also use white vinegar in our laundry, we use it in place of fabric softener. Works awesome!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    krwactkrwact member
    Is it Baby Starters brand?  I have one and used to have two.   I bought one at Marshalls way before he was born and someone bought the exact same one for his shower from Buy Buy Baby.  I don't use it as his sleep lovey because the head has rattles in it.

I ended up using a lion lovey (that doesn't rattle) for his crib and he loves it so much that I had to play detective with the brand and finally found a replacement on eBay.  I'm so relieved to have a backup!
    Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"