1st Trimester

12 weeks and showing? :O

Hey Ladies!

So yesterday at work I was in the bathroom and noticed that my belly was a bit rounder that normal. It almost looked like I might have popped a little. Well this morning my neighbor picked me up and said “YOU HAVE  BUMP!” Ha! Maybe I only look like I have a bump to those who know. Has anyone shown as early as 12 weeks?

I should say I am a big girl as it is. When I found out I was pregnant I was over 200lbs. So I definitely already had a stomach heh. I wasn’t really expecting to show this early, though it might still be one of those “is she pregnant or just fat” kind deals.

Re: 12 weeks and showing? :O

• I always show really early with all mine.  My midwife with my last one said it's because there's little muscle strength around that area so it all pops out quicker.  I too am over 200lbs and am already 'showing'.  althought I just feel like my fat is pushing out farther than usually....not the baby! HAHA
  • Ha I told my friend yesterday I feel fat. Its inevitable that I'm going to get bigger, but you know a part of me is kind dreading it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a small petite lady and have a short torso to boot - and I already feel like I am showing a bit at less than 11 weeks.
    BFP#1 - M/C on 12/23/13
    ~*~*~December 2014 PGaL ~*~*~
    Rainbow baby born on 12/19/2014

• is this your first babies? likely bloat if it is....ive been extremely bloated & look 4 months pregnant. 
    i am currently 9 weeks - 10 on Saturday.
    Subsequent pregnancies, you can certainly pop earlier. My uterus is starting to grow - I can feel it. Not see it. My bloat however can be quite epic!
    Post-Natal Loss at 32 weeks, LTTC of 26th Months, 5 failed IUIs, Conception via 4th IVF Cycle in April 2014
    EDD: January 3rd, 2015! 

• I can tell my belly is more round, i def can see a small difference, but in other outfits, like today i look like normal. I figure I have several weeks to go before I really look the part.
  • Sarah1253Sarah1253 member
    edited June 2014
    I wish I was showing a little. I have lost a few pounds with hating most foods the last few weeks. I currently weigh 101lbs. I am 11 weeks but I guess some people don't start showing until 16-18 weeks.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• My first pregnancy I noticed I "popped" at 12 weeks. My shorts just couldn't button comfortably. I know the baby was tiny and much lower, but the bloat definitely made my pants too tight. I'm now pregnant with #2 and only 5.5 weeks along, but my bloat seems to have started earlier. I can still do up my pants comfortably, but i'm doubting if I've got another 6 weeks in these (same) shorts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was told I look 4 months pregnant yesterday and even though I haven't had my first U/S there is no way I am over 8 weeks... bloat bloat bloat. It is definitely a different kind of bloat than I've ever had before.  This is my first but I heard if you bend over and your belly isn't "squishy" then thats baby. Otherwise it's bloat. Regardless, I am not even going to try to suck it in so I've just switched to baggier clothes until I actually am 4 months and ready to tell everyone!
  • It's bloat. Most FTMs don't start showing until their 2nd tri. I started showing around 18 weeks with my first pregnancy, then 16 with my second. And I'm 5'10" and thin, and weighed about 130lbs before getting pregnant.
  • I have a very considerable baby bump at this point, but that's because I have large fibroid tumors that are pushing my ute out.
  • I'm 12 weeks. Baby #4. I'm pretty big by the end of the day. Those muscles seem to remember exactly where they are going to go:)
  • My work friends think its baby for me, I'm 13 weeks and pretty petite, about 115 before pregnancy. I keep telling them its probably just my oatmeal (or whatever I ate that morning) but they don't want to believe it so I've just embraced my possible bloat for possible bump! Can't wait to fully pop ;)
  • I'm a small petite lady and have a short torso to boot - and I already feel like I am showing a bit at less than 11 weeks.
    Oh girl, short torsos unite. I'm 8 weeks and although I know my uterus isn't actually big enough to be causing any sort of bump, my permanent bloat is making me look like I'm like, 4 months. It's not my typically ice cream binge pooch, either, as the bump starts well below my belly button.
  • I think it was bloat after all, this week I look fine. Come to find out I only gained like 2 pounds. Doc was thrilled though. I guess im just really eager to show off my belly :)
  • I have a question. Did you eat breakfast this morning?

It's a BOY

• Here is me at 12 weeks. Ftm. No one is different at 12 weeks (with the exception of some stm). 12 weeks is 12 weeks for anyone. Even someone carrying triplets. You're not showing a baby. You're showing a food baby, bloat ect.

It's a BOY

• Meant to attach picture. Notice how I'm not showing at all?

It's a BOY

• If you are on your first pregnancy it it probably just still bloating. Subsequent pregnancies you will show quicker because the ute already knows whats its doing.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"