Baby Names

Nina is short for...

The nickname Nina is speaking to me today, but I'd definitely want a formal name.  The two listed on behind the name didn't ring for me.  So any suggestions?

Re: Nina is short for...

• I agree with PPs that Nina on its own is a great name. Honestly I feel like you could probably take any name ending "-ina" (Angelina, Katrina, Serafina) and use the nickname Nina if you really wanted to. Also, the lead actress from "The Vampire Diaries" goes by Nina but her full name is Nikolina.
    Married 8/14/09
    TTC #1 since 5/2014
    BFP #1 11/14/14 - CP @ 5w2d
    image  image  image
  • Besides the ones already mentioned, there are Penina and Jeanine.  I really like Nina on it's own though.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I know a Carina who goes by Nina.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nina is a formal name.
  • I like Nina on its own.

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks, ladies I just can't see adding Nina to older sisters Anastasia and Genevieve.  It just doesn't feel "fair".  I like that each of the older girls have nicknames that can stand on their own and would like to do the same for DD3.  I'm struggling, so I thought I'd try working backward from a nickname.  I'll keep looking.
  • mc0113mc0113 member
    I know a Nina as a full name and a Nina as a nickname for Christina. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Im with some of the other posters.  I consider it a name on its own...I like it.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• I have a friend Nikolina whose NN is Nina. I love both names
  • Nicolina sounds like a good sibling name for Anastasia and Genevieve with Nina as a natural nickname.  Nina is listed as a diminutive of Antonia on babynamewizard, and Marina and Katharina on wikipedia.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"