February 2014 Moms
Options

The Big F day, coming up...

Yes, some of you have said you don't want another Father's Day thread. I highly recommend you don't read this then ;)

What are you planning for Father's Day? 
F14 Siggy Challenge

Re: The Big F day, coming up...

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ziggy903 said:
    I have no fucking idea. And DH's birthday is the next day. << wife of the year
    @ziggy903 Are you looking for ideas, or just keeping it low key?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    @MissDemeanor‌ I'm so sorry your FD got jacked like that. Can you plan a special breakfast for your man, try to savour the morning a bit?
    Cook Saturday so that all you have to do is relax and then get ready and do minor prep on FD?

We have a wedding out of town on Saturday, so we have to stay with Mom. We will take DH out for a big breakfast, bring some flowers to my dads grave, and then drive home (2.5 hrs). I try really hard to make FD about DH, but I have a really hard time on that day without my Dad here.
  • Options
    I'm going to take him on a brewery tour and have lunch there.  For my Dad, I ordered a book about the baseball hall of fame.
  • Options
    IblissIbliss member
    @MissDemeanor‌ I told DH for Mother's Day it was all about our new little family and we weren't going over to his mom's for a BBQ. A call is sufficient.

DH and a friends have been talking about a road trip to Denver for a NFL game for years and I have wanted to buy him tickets. Well this year I finally did. 40 yard line in the lower bowl. I am so excited to give them to him.

LO's gift is a picture frame with her holding letters to spell out 'Daddy'. It's so cute I can't even stand it!
  • Options
    My SIL is moving back to the state this week, so we're having a family get-together/Father's Day thing on Thursday. I did photos of the kids in camo for my H, I need to find a frame for them today.
  • Options
    Our anniversary is the same day. So part of me wants no kids so we can bone like it was our honeymoon... but then DD1 is so excited about making him breakfast in bed and hanging with him. Decisions, decisions.
    Damn I love you! You make me laugh so hard
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I am at a complete loss as to what to do for DH since I just went back to work and really don't have any spare money. I feel terrible because he got me a dining room set for mother's day.
    I am damn poor myself, and don't want to spend "his" money for Father's Day. I think R and I are going to play dress up, and take a bunch of pictures in each of his "Daddy" shirts (today he's wearing one that says Handsome Like Daddy). And I'm stealing @bookshelves idea, and taking pics of R doing Daddy activities, playing guitar, golf, etc. I'm either going to put them in an inexpensive frame, or load them all onto the digital photo frame. (I put all boyfriend pics on it last year for his 40th, as a 'this is your life' thing and he loved it)
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    I got DH a mug from Shutterfly. I already gave it to him because im horrible at waiting. I also got him this thing from target you hang on the wall and it has a bottle opener on it. And I posted this on HDBD but we did pix of LO and plan on giving him it framed as well. I want to do LO's foot print on the back of the frame with the year.
    I might steal this idea as well! I keep finding my can opener in the man cave, because the guys can't find a bottle opener
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    DH is taking DS camping. DD and I are going to my parents house to celebrate with my dad.

I'm not getting DH anything for Father's Day. He doesn't get me anything for Mother's Day. We're not big gift givers, especially when it comes to "Hallmark" holidays.

Ethan Michael - 12/21/09
    Norah Jewel - 2/26/14

• Options

ziggy903 said:

I have no fucking idea. And DH's birthday is the next day.
    << wife of the year

@ziggy903 Are you looking for ideas, or just keeping it low key?

@MissDemeanor‌ low key, definitely. My birthday is Saturday, so we will be doing stuff all weekend. I know what to do for gifts, but the actual day? No idea.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I am at a complete loss as to what to do for DH since I just went back to work and really don't have any spare money. I feel terrible because he got me a dining room set for mother's day.

Breakfast in bed is always a very sweet thing to do :)
  • Options

Make something! That's what I'm doing from LO. All it's costing is a $3 picture frame, a bottle of paint ($1.29 at Walmart), a couple pieces of card stock, and some time.

DH always spends more on me for these things, but I tend to make things. I don't feel bad about these things because if the reverse was true, I'd be happy as ever. It doesn't always have to be big and expensive -- sometimes it can be simple and heartfelt.

Look at Pinterest. There are loads of free printables. You can decorate a little and assemble a gift quite easily. Lmk if you need help!

F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

We don't have any plans for the day of.  DH would usually prefer to relax at home rather than go out and do something, so we'll probably just hang around the house unless he wants to go out for a meal.  I made him a shutterfly photo book of pics with him and the kids.  For a bigger gift, I was trying to decide between an experience (Tom Petty tickets) and a thing (an outdoor pizza oven).  But then I remembered that crowds and parking issues and what not stress him out, so I went with the pizza oven :)

BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Options
    DD really wants to make DH a cake and then I think we'll go to Legoland because we have passes and that's "free".

I did order the DNA art print I mentioned before but I waited too long so I'm giving him the collection kit to open. We will have to mail it back and wait a month for the art. I figure he's into the science part so maybe he will be excited to do the cheek swab? Here's hoping!

He's really into soccer so I'm sure this weekend will be all about the World Cup.
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • Options
    We got grandpa tshirts for dad and FIL. For DH, I got him a shutterfly magnet of a nb photo we had done-DD and the teddy bear that represents her big sister. Also, a onesie for DD to wear that says 'I am Daddy's Father's Day Gift!'

dx PCOS 2007

BFP #1 (natural) 12/23/2010. Stillbirth due to IC 4/2/2011

TTC #2 starting 03/2012

RE starting 07/2012

05/2013 BFP on a Letrozole (Femara)/trigger!

Cerclage, Procardia, Makena, GD (with insulin), MBR, and we made it!  

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Our Angel was born sleeping at 20 weeks due to IC.

• Options
    dunvillesdunvilles member
    edited June 2014
    ziggy903 said:

I have no fucking idea. And DH's birthday is the next day.
    << wife of the year</p>

Same here!!

Father's Day gift- 2 pair of shorts and a cool shirt

Birthday- (H'S 30th) st. Louis for 3 days. Cardinals game, brewery tour, city museum, and other activities :) trip will be during fathers day weekend.

Edited to add: I make a stepping stone for each grandpa and h with kids handprint. Ds1 decorates them with cool stones. It is neat to see a stepping stone prog res sion at each of our homes.
    #rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Pizza from his favorite pizza place I'm sure... Not really sure what else though...
  • Options
    I have helped with some of our friends to have a father/kid day at the gun club in the afternoon. Those with kids old enough to part take, will have their crickets and fun targets. (Plenty of adult supervision with kids and firearms, 1 adult per child in the shooting area, ect) The dads will also get to shoot some guns that they never have and are hard to come by (50 cals, full automatics, 3000 yr snipers, silenced large caliber ect). I know all the dads will remember it getting to share this experience with their kids and family.

It will be a crazy busy afternoon, but nothing is better then making memories with family.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got H a coffee mug with kid's pics on it, and cuff links since he needed a set. And I may try to do a craft with the kid's feet or hands or something. And I got him (and our Dads) cards.

He has softball playoffs, so we'll likely just do dinner as a family that evening. We don't really do anything big for M/F day.

imageimage
  • Options
    @Mevaroo‌ is YH into grilling? I was thinking of getting my boyfriend a BBQ type apron... And it occurred to me that maybe you could sew your husband one?
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Mevaroo said:
    @Mevaroo‌ is YH into grilling? I was thinking of getting my boyfriend a BBQ type apron... And it occurred to me that maybe you could sew your husband one?
    He is! He actually does most of the cooking, because (I'm) spoiled. I don't know if he'd wear the apron, but I could make one anyways ;)
    I doubt my boyfriend would wear one either, but it could be a funny one. Make him a lady bikini! 
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    We are planning to go hiking on Saturday because by the time we get home from church on Sunday it's nap time for both kids. I am going to get him some good steaks to grill and some beer from a local brewery for dinner on Sunday. I started taking pics of DS with a D, A, and Y to spell daddy a few years ago, so this year it will be pics of the two of them. I also got matching crocheted Colorado beanies for him and both kids :) I'm really excited to give him those!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I got a canvas print of LO and some smaller pics too...though I like the idea of buying good steaks as its my favourite too and haven't had any since pregnant!
    It'll be my first without my Dad, and we haven't had his ashes back yet so nowhere to go to talk to him, so not sure what I'll do for/with that yet
  • Options
    kak808kak808 member
    dunvilles said:
    I have no fucking idea. And DH's birthday is the next day. << wife of the year
    Same here!! Father's Day gift- 2 pair of shorts and a cool shirt Birthday- (H'S 30th) st. Louis for 3 days. Cardinals game, brewery tour, city museum, and other activities :) trip will be during fathers day weekend. Edited to add: I make a stepping stone for each grandpa and h with kids handprint. Ds1 decorates them with cool stones. It is neat to see a stepping stone prog res sion at each of our homes.
    My DH's bday is the day *before* Father's Day!  Fun weekend for him!

For his birthday, I think I'm going to buy him a new laptop, since he's been talking about buying himself one for ages and hasn't. I wanted to do something non-baby for this birthday, so it didn't get completely combined with Father's Day.

For Father's Day, I bought him cufflinks with LO's birthstone so he can wear them at her wedding (I stole this idea from someone on here, but don't remember who). Of course, they came, he got the mail that day, and the customs form (I ordered them from the UK) said they were cufflinks, so he's like "Who in the UK bought me cufflinks???" so I had to give them to him already. I cried I was so disappointed that I managed to ruin it. I also did a mini photo shoot (me as a photographer) with LO with costume changes of a couple of onesies that say Daddy things on them. I'll put them in a frame for him to take to work.  For the day, I think he'll take LO to a car show early in the morning (he does this most Sundays while I sleep), then we'll get breakfast burritos, go on a walk in the woods, and then he'll grill some steaks!
  • Options
    I got DH a gift certificate to the tattoo shop he likes so he can get LOs hand/foot prints like he wants. I have no idea what to do on the day though, probably work around the house because not enough days off to get everything done.
  • Options
    MIL decided this evening that we should host a Fday BBQ at our house on Saturday. Thanks for the notice woman.
    Is she telling everyone it's 'her' party, but letting you do the food and decorating? And then holding the baby so you have your hands free to clean? If so, I think we have the same MIL
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    MIL decided this evening that we should host a Fday BBQ at our house on Saturday. Thanks for the notice woman.
    Is she telling everyone it's 'her' party, but letting you do the food and decorating? And then holding the baby so you have your hands free to clean? If so, I think we have the same MIL
    Not yet. And she can't "hold" the baby unless she is sitting down. She is a hazard to herself when on her feet. But she doesn't ever offer to help do anything.
    @BlueDot818 I'm pretty sure our LO's will be fussy on BBQ day, and need to be worn. Let's make sure our outfits match our carriers ;) although I suppose the FIL's can hold the baby
    F14 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    Super cute, @Metreky21‌!
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"