Natural Birth

Hypnobabies vs. Hypnobirthing?

What's the difference? Anyone have experience with both?

Re: Hypnobabies vs. Hypnobirthing?

• My understanding is that hypnobabies is built on top of hypnobirthing.  There is more information and more scripts in hypnobabies.  I've only done hypnobabies, but it contains a quote from the hypnobirthing founder endorsing it.
  • i took hypnobirthing, but it does sound like hypnobabies is more in-depth. here's a chart that compares the two: https://gentlejourneysbirthing.com/compairing-hypnobabies-and-hypnobirthing/
    that said, i think it depends a lot on your instructor. ours covered a lot of the "no" and "depends" options on the chart above. of course, you also have to consider what is available in your area (there were 2 different hypnobirthing teachers in our area, but none for hypnobabies).
  • Loading the player...
  • I researched both with my first pregnancy and decided to go with hypnobabies.  I highly recommend it.  I LOVED it.  What I liked about the manual/book that I didn't realize before I signed up for the class is that the book/class teaches a lot about pregnancy in general and in depth about the whole birthing experience.  I thought it would be solely learning about the hypno technique.  Boy, was I mistaken!  Obviously, hypnobabies and hypnobirthing encompass a natural birth, so the book/class teaches everything that you need to know to have the natural birth of your dreams.  I also took a pregnancy class at the hospital that I delivered at and that was a complete waste of time and money.  Everything I needed was already taught in the hypnobabies book/class.  Even if a hynobabies class isn't offered in your area, don't feel like you can't choose it.  They have a home study course that is just as good.  Quite honestly, the class isn't going to 'teach' you the hyno-anesthesia.  The only way to master the hypnosis is daily practice, which is done at home.  The class is just one hour a week for six weeks.  The teacher just goes over the chapter in the book that you were supposed to have already read when you arrive at class.  I am glad I took the class because I was able to meet some other expecting parents that I'm actually now great friends with.  But, the class is definitely not necessary.  My best friend (lives out of state) recently got pregnant and I tried to convince her to do the hypnobabies course.  Unfortunately, there was no local hynobabies class offered in her area and she said she really wanted to take a class, so she chose The Bradley Method.  Well...long story short...she ended up with an epidural.  I know some women do have success with The Bradley Method, but it didn't work for her.  She said she will definitely order the home study course that Hypnobabies offers for her next pregnancy.  For my birth, hypnobabies was so much help.  My baby was 9 lbs 5 oz and was posterior, born with shoulder dystocia and his arm was across his chest.  I had three internal 2nd degree tears.  No epidural.  Hypnobabies pulled through for me and I can't wait to start practicing again for this pregnancy.  I'll start practicing around 20 weeks I think.  For my son, I did the class quite late in my pregnancy, so I had only been practicing 7 weeks before his birth.
  • Thank you ladies!! I am thinking about becoming an instructor and couldn't decide which one I should become trained in. It looks like hypnobabies is much more comprehensive so I will probably pursue that - there are no instructors for either one in our area at this time. Of course becoming certified to teach hypnobabies is much more expensive...but sounds like it is really worth it.

Thanks again for your input! 
  • Thank you ladies!! I am thinking about becoming an instructor and couldn't decide which one I should become trained in. It looks like hypnobabies is much more comprehensive so I will probably pursue that - there are no instructors for either one in our area at this time. Of course becoming certified to teach hypnobabies is much more expensive...but sounds like it is really worth it.

Thanks again for your input! 
    One thing you might consider if you are looking into being certified is that Hypnobabies can be used as a self-study course and in fact a lot of people do it that way.  Hypnobirthing on the other hand does not have a self-study format, the book and CDs are available but the information is considered incomplete if you do not take the class.  

Maybe there would be a higher demand for a class people would be unable to do in their own homes?  Just a thought!

• Oh I should add I did Hypnobirthing both times and had a great experience!  But I know there are a lot of girls on here who have had wonderful experiences with Hypnobabies as well!
  • Good point, i didnt think of that aspect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"