January 2014 Moms

What are you getting DH for Father's Day?

1 week to go people... let's hear 'em.

My sister and I booked a tee time for our husbands, bought them their favorite beer and are shipping them off to go golfing for the day (the weekend after Father's Day.)  I also bought DH golf shorts and a golf polo (from the kids) so he'll have something to actually open on Father's Day.  We also plan to go out to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner and see a movie (his choice!)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

Re: What are you getting DH for Father's Day?

• katagskatags member
    I got him 3 months of a brownie club. You know, where they mail gourmet brownies to our house each month. Yes, this may actually be a gift for me, but he'll like it and he's not one to make a fuss over this day.
    photo e2fe0839-b11a-41d8-8a07-1ef481a55d67_zpsda9c0f6f.jpg photo 777c55cb-e377-4070-950b-fdeda172a809_zpscd40251a.jpg IMG_15901 photo IMG_15901.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Smoker and cedar wood chips...handmade card from the kids

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • I'm ordering a keychain that says Daddy est 2012 and I'm going to make him a Shutterfly book of why he's an awesome dad.
  • km_mdkm_md member
    edited June 2014
    We don't do big gifts except for Christmas. So I made him a card and I got him this little box (that he can put his ring, keys, whatever in) for his nightstand and it has DDs footprints on it.

• chicki1012chicki1012 member
    edited June 2014
    I'm probably spending more than I should but I figured it's our first baby and he got me a nice mothers necklace. So I'm going to get him a new grill. The one we have is over 10 years old and the cover lid has one handle left on it, the other melted off, ha ha!! So I think it's time for a new one. Plus he loves to grill out all the time, I mean ALL the time even when it's -15 degrees out in the winter!!!
    Edit: can't type
  • I'm not bragging or anything, but I got a card and the ability to sleep all day, so that's what he gets. We don't do gifts for each other which is how we both prefer it. 
  • I got him a blanket made that has a picture of DS on it. I figured it's nice keepsake and he loves anything DS related.
    image image
    Married 8/9/13
    Ashton James Rogers 10/29/13

image  image
  • katags said:

I got him 3 months of a brownie club. You know, where they mail gourmet brownies to our house each month. Yes, this may actually be a gift for me, but he'll like it and he's not one to make a fuss over this day.

This brownie club thing sounds awesome!!

I am buying my husband a tree in honor of LO and am making a cement stepping stone with LO's footprints and hopefully some mosaic glass design to put under the tree. I'm putting foot prints of LO on beer glasses for the grandpas.
  • I ordered a 16" x 20" canvas picture of him holding DS2, where you can just see his hands and the top of DS2's head.  We have one of DS1 in the same position, so we need one of DS2 to go with it.  
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got DH a new tackle box that also acts as a seat and cooler (great for ice fishing).  I am going to put his favorite IPA in the cooler section. DD#1 made him a mug with her hand print on it.  H and I will be in CO (just the two of us) on the actual day so we are celebrating the following week. The biggest part of his gift is that he gets to sleep in and I'll make breakfast (aka a plate of bacon).
  • jwp325jwp325 member
    Also doing the photos with the letters that spell out dad with both DD and stepdaughter in the pics. I also got him an electric razor since he's been asking for one for a while now. This brownie of the month thing may be worth looking into.
    imageimageimage
  • He's making a career change soon and is interviewing tomorrow and the day after, so I splurged on a really nice tie and gave it to him early.
  • We decided not to make this into another gift-giving holiday, so no presents.  Just a card and a little pampering, like sleeping in, a back rub, homemade brownies, etc.
  • cnctfcnctf member
    I bought a canvas and am gonna put DDs hand prints in the middle and it's gonna say "I'm as lucky as can be, the best daddy in the world belongs to me". Also gonna take him out to dinner.
    image=
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got DH the Big Green Egg smoker for Father's Day. He already has it. I am also making a photo collage for him for Father's Day.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got him a digital photo frame for his desk at work, and THE sex book.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC #1 since July 2010
    July 2011: Referred to RE, started Letrozole
    August 2011: BFP #1! M/C @ 5wks
    September 2011 - September 2012: test, after test, after test... S/A, HCG, B/W... Diagnosis: unexplained infertility. Letrozole, Metformin... nothing.
    September 2012: Diagnosed gluten intolerance; now living strict GF diet.
    November 2012: BFP #2! MM/C @ 6wks (discovered at 8wks). 2 rounds of Misoprostal - nothing. D&C December 2012.
    May 2013: BFP #3! Hoping this one sticks! 4x prometrium/day EDD: 01/25/14
    06/03/13: 1st u/s We have a heartbeat! Team green!
    01/24/14: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    08/05/14: Surprise BFP #4! (Unmedicated, no pp period, EDD unknown)
    08/15/14: 1 u/s We have a heartbeat! Measured 6wks 2 days. EDD 04/08/15. Team green!
    04/08/15: Team green turned team pink. Baby girl was born!
    03/29/16: BFP #5! (Unmedicated, 1 cycle TTC) EDD: 11/09/16

• Dinner and a BJ. We keep it simple around here. 
    This.  Its all DH ever wants anyway.  My community had a town wide flea market this weekend and I took the kids.  DS picked out a "flask tie" (tie that hold liquids for convenient day drinking) and really really wanted it.  It is purple and DH pretty much never wears ties but it was only $0.25 and DS was very insistent so I told him he could get it for daddy for fathers day. 

• For DH's first Father's Day I got him a digital photo key chain that holds several images. (He works road contruction & works long hours & often misses seeing the kids for a few days because he is up & gone before they wake up & home after they are in bed. :( )

This year, he's getting a Roku 3 Player he wanted (we don't have cable or Sat. Just antenea and NetFlix/Amazon for TV) so we can have one in both bedroom & living room. He's also getting a new alarm clock since DS1 broke the radio option on his old one. That loud buzzer has GOT to go. :)

My 2 December boys

• We bought a BBQ grill and said it was for Mother's Day and Father's Day. We are doing the dad picture with the letters. We will get him something else probably for the garage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm getting him a pressure washer and shop vac that he asked for. I want to get him something fun too - probably Game of Thrones season 1. He has been reading the books but we haven't seen the show. Not sure when we will find time to watch it.

TTC Since 8/2011
    BFP #1 5/13/12 * EDD 1/24/13 * MC at 7 wks 4 days on 6/11/12
    BFP #2 5/13/13 * Current EDD 1/23/14

Baby N born 2/8/14

imageimage

Lilypie - (HD7B)

• DS1 always gets him a little animal figurine for father's day, birthday, Christmas, etc.

I'm thinking about having Hoyt get him a fruit tree every year? MH is so weird about trees. We live in the country and he loves planting trees. We have planted about 11 since moving here almost three years ago.

Well, more than that but drought....

Is a tree lame? He doesn't golf.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• edited June 2014

DS1 always gets him a little animal figurine for father's day, birthday, Christmas, etc.

I'm thinking about having Hoyt get him a fruit tree every year? MH is so weird about trees. We live in the country and he loves planting trees. We have planted about 11 since moving here almost three years ago.

Well, more than that but drought....

Is a tree lame? He doesn't golf.

My DH is weird about trees too! He has an obsession with them. Since we bought our lot and got our house 5 years ago he has planted 60 poplar trees, 25 cedars, 2 apple, cranberry, honey berry, and Saskatoon bushes. I'm planning on getting him a tree for Father's Day in honor of LO but am not sure what kind. My moms friend works at the nursery so I'm going there tomorrow to ask her opinion.

Edit: grammar
  • km_mdkm_md member
    @ChuggingWater‌ I think the tree is a really nice idea! Especially if he is into that sort of thing. Not lame at all.

• I made my husband a video gram from shutterfly. :)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xpT_hMHabGY

image image image 

BFP#1- 08/18/2012. MMC; D/C- 09/26/2012
    BFP #2- 04/30/2013. Due 01/06/2014. 
    It's a BOY!-U/S 07/20/2013 
    A/S shows healthy baby with heartbeat of 138BPM- 08/20/2013 
    01/01/14- DS Born 5:54 am weight: 7lb, 14oz
  • I was so tempted to get him what I got for Mother's Day - nothing. Shutterfly was having a really good sale though and I had a $10 off coupon so I personalized a travel mug for him with cute pictures of the LOs. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"