March 2014 Moms

When do longer naps occur?

DS is 3 months and I'm hoping for longer naps soon!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: When do longer naps occur?

• Loading the player...
  • MeggsMMeggsM member
    I was wondering this too. Fiona decided that napping should only be 45 minutes at best.
  • Khope87Khope87 member
    edited June 2014
    45mins sounds like heaven!! My LO now only sleeps if we go out in the car. I'm hoping once she starts moving about (crawling/walking) she will start to burn off more energy and thinks naps sound ok afterall :)
  • Madison thinks naps are for slackers! Been up since 6 am taking 15 minutes naps and sipping on the boobs is her new thing
  • Yep, no naps here. Snoozing is for losers!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When she's not feeling 100%, I'll get naps for a couple of hours.  Otherwise it's 3 30-45 minute catnaps.

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.

Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ellie's not a napper. 30 minutes feels like an achievement. I just accept that I'm not getting much of anything done.
  • Mine does one hour in the morning, 3 hours from 1-4 and then a 45 minute at about 6:30 and then sleeps through the night at 8:30pm-7am. However, my other DS, when he was a baby only did 20 minute naps, still doesnt sleep through the night and almost made me be one and done! I was so strung out and tired! 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We get one in the morning that last 45min-1 hour and the afternoon is totally variable.  Yesterday, it was 4 hours.  Today, 1.5.  Last Friday, zero.  I found with DD1, that schedule and routine are key.  We keep her on a schedule, so DD2, is falling in along with it.  They both get up at 7 AM, take an AM rest at 8:30/9AM, up by 10AM, and down for their PM rest at 1PM.  Bedtime is always 7PM.
  • This is probably a freak occurrence, but my mom kept swearing up and down that one day Baby would just nap like a champ. Like some mystical magic would happen and he'd just do it without any effort. Just in the last week or so we went from 40 minute naps every hour and a half to two hours to 90 minutes every two and half hours. Like magic. I'm dumbfounded. And praying to heaven it sticks. [-O<
  • Why does that happen I feel bad she doesn't want to and fights sleep. I know she is tired rubbing her eyes I place her down startles awake n cries bloody Murder.
  • I started reading that healthy sleep healthy baby book and actually started looking for sleep cues to start a more specific schedule and to my surprise it actually works. If she gets a little fussy around 1:30, we go to the nursery, turn on the sound machine, close the blinds and nurse. I can put her in the crib and she'll sleep for 1-1.5 hours. Other times she cat naps and sleeps 9:30/10-9:30-10 the next morning so I don't force the nap too much.
  • Isaiah often will take a 3 hour nap, and a couple of shorter dozes. Evander never did such a thing, except as a newborn being snuggled...
        image  image

• I think James must be stealing all the naps.

He's his dad. 10 hours at night, wants to pee, eat and nap (half hour) awake , eat , nap (he may skip this one and nap longer later) eat play (3 hours) eat , poop, nap (30 min to 3hours) eat play eat nap, awake annnnnd sleepy eat /bedtime

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Nap time is...now!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"