South Florida Babies

38 week update

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had a great holiday. I can't believe 2009 is almost here! I always thought of 2009 as when Chase would be born and now here it is. I can't believe I only have 13 days left (or less...we'll see!)

So I had my 38 week appt. today and nothing new. Still not dilated at all. Though I have been having contractions pretty strong (just nothing "regular") so I don't know. I am a bit concerned because the hormone Oxytocine which is released from your pituitary gland and is what causes you to start dilating... for those who remember I had a pituitary tumor so my hormones are all messed up when it comes to the pituitary. I'm wondering if that is going to be a problem for me to dilate naturally, though I've already discussed an induction with my doctor somewhere in the 39th week if necessary and if I haven't progressed yet. We'll wait and see at my next appointment.?

I'm still on bedrest. It's been about 10 days now and I am going stir crazy! Trying to just relax and get some sleep now before the baby comes! But I'm catching up on my 90210 reruns and atleast DH has been home the past week because of the holidays. I have to admit, though, that it has been very nice having DH do all the cooking, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. LOL

Anyway, hope everyone has a happy new year and enjoy your NYE tomorrow night! For the first year ever, I doubt I will make it to midnight! Ha Ha?

Re: 38 week update

• Enjoy the rest!!! Seriously :-)  Hopefully by next week you'll have made some progress. I know how it is to have contractions for a long period of time, it's not fun... so i'm sending dialation dust your way!! Maybe your water will break soon and then they'll have to jump start the rest to get you dialated.
  • You're so close! Before you know it your little one will be here. I remember last year when I was pg during New Years I promised myself I would stay up-well, we got home from dinner, I laid on the couch and woke back up about 20 minutes after the ball had dropped-lol  =( Oh well, the sleep was WELL worth it! Happy New Year!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I can't believe you are SOOO close, Stacey!!!! I'm so excited for you. Enjoy your rest and I hope you have a happy new year!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: SIREN.ORG!

• Congrats Stacey- before you know it your little man will be here!  Have a happy happy new years- 2009 will be fabulous to you! ;)
  • hang in there and enjoy the time you have to rest....you'll never see it once your little one arrives!!

Photo courtesy of www.yaporiginals.com
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    It's Beshert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"