Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Tummy sleep

LO is almost 5 months and the second I put her on her back she's rolled over. She doesn't roll tummy to back as often. Is it ok for her to sleep on her stomach? I know this is probably a stupid question but even having an older DD, you forget everything. Well at least I do:) TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tummy sleep

• Our pedi said we could turn DD back over but we didn't have to stay up all night to monitor. She can roll on to her belly but not off.
    "And just know that your sun will shine just as sure as this world can spin, and I know you'll find that it's almost time for that love to come 'round again." -David Wilcox "Almost Time"
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My issue is once he rolls onto his stomach, he freaks out and cries! Sometimes he'll go right back to sleep once I roll him over, but other nights, he's so inconsolable I end up feeding him a few ounces :P. Any advice? I hate getting back into bad habits b/c of this!
  • Loading the player...
  • Tess024Tess024 member
    too bad there isn't a way to strap them down or something.... not in a bad way, just to keep him from rolling over, until he was able to roll back himself.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That was happening to one of my twins too. The minute I'd put him down he would roll to his tummy...and he doesn't know how to roll back to his back yet so my brother told me to get a towel and roll it like a sausage and put under the crib sheet in a U shape...put the baby there (I put mine with the head outside the U) and the towel will create a wall so the baby won't be able to roll....That worked for me and after watching him for a couple of days I can now sleep with no worries.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sashinha said:

That was happening to one of my twins too. The minute I'd put him down he would roll to his tummy...and he doesn't know how to roll back to his back yet so my brother told me to get a towel and roll it like a sausage and put under the crib sheet in a U shape...put the baby there (I put mine with the head outside the U) and the towel will create a wall so the baby won't be able to roll....That worked for me and after watching him for a couple of days I can now sleep with no worries.

Not to scare but baby can suffocate if they put their face in the raised spot. It's not a safe recommendation to do that.
  • DS can't wait to be a tummy sleeper. I can't wait for him to roll over.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, you can let them sleep. Both of mine have been tummy sleepers as soon as they were able. Luckily they both also rolled tummy to back first so I was never worried about them being able to get back to their backs if they wanted.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"