Preemies

Expecting my 2nd IUGR preemie...

I have not been active on this board in forever!  But I wanted to reach for support from other IUGR mommas, especially those with micro preemies.  

I am 25 weeks pregnant with our 2nd boy, who we found out at 23w6d is measuring in about the 1st percentile at our growth scan.  I have absent end diastolic flow, so it looks like placental issues again.  My first DS (now 2) was diagnosed with IUGR at 31 weeks and delivered at 32 weeks due to reverse flow and me developing severe pre-e.  He was 2 lbs. 9 oz. which now seems so big to me.  This little one was measuring about 14 oz. (412g) at the u/s last week.  We go for another growth scan at the end of this week.  I was admitted to the hospital yesterday for monitoring because he had some decels in his heart rate during an NST.  Overall, he has looked pretty good for his gestational age they say, but we have had a few scary dips.  I am currently off continuous monitoring at the moment which will hopefully help keep him in longer as they will not overanalyze every little thing.  Really want to get to at least 28 weeks which seems so far away right now!  

Just wondering if there are any IUGR micro preemies mommas on this board with success stories you could share with a nervous momma like me.  We are thinking this same thing was likely happening with DS last time but we just didn't know it at the time.  I am just so nervous for my little guy.  
IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Expecting my 2nd IUGR preemie...

• KTZ17KTZ17 member
    No experience with IUGR but just wanted to wish you all the best with your pregnancy. I hope you can keep baby cooking safely for as long as possible!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Im sorry you are facing this again :(  I dont have experience with IUGR but I did have a tiny 25 weeker (650g) .  She was probably more like a 24.5 weeker.  The micropreemie ride can be long and rough, so every day that you can safely keep him inside is a huge victory.  Are you still in CT?  What hospital are you at?  I had a very good experience with maternal special care and the NNICU at yale.  lots of good thoughts for you
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Loading the player...
  • I had an 5lb IUGR baby and he's now a strapping 16 year old completely 'normal' teenage boy (as normal as teenage boys can get lol) with no issues at all. No experience with a micro-preemie as my 3 week old preemie was, thankfully, above the micro band. But, sending positive vibes and hugs with the hopes that baby sticks as long as possible and everything is good. :)
    Master of 'the look' 
  • ((Hugs))

No experience with micropreemies, but my son was iugr at 6% at birth at 32 weeks, due to absent end diastolic flow. It turned reverse and we delivered that day, which I'm sure you are all too familiar with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"