December 2014 Moms

Is this true?

I was told by someone that you cannot swim in the first tri but I am dying to swim. It might have been a myth. What are your thoughts?

Re: Is this true?

• Not true.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I have not heard that one... In fact my MW recommended swimming for a great low-impact exercise.
  • Loading the player...
  • Huh that sounds pretty ridiculous to me but I'm a FTM so what do I know. However, with summer weather here I feel like that's something all of our OBs would have told us.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • You can certainly swim.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Okay so I'm glad that I finally decided to write on here. I thought this was a place where people could ask questions and voice concerns but I guess I was wrong. I'm guessing that gradschoolmom's hormones have kicked in and decided to be "bish." I'm a first time mom with concerns. I too have coached my whole life and swan in college which is where these concerns were addressed. I have heard of that little thing called google. It is a magical tool but if you have used it yourself it has had postings that have stated that it might not be okay to swim and you should talk to your OB. I was hoping that if I got enough go with it's then maybe my concerns would be absurd and apparently they are. Thank you for making this a negative experience on this blog so far. I will go ahead and excuse myself from this app.
  • Jenw1207 said:
    Okay so I'm glad that I finally decided to write on here. I thought this was a place where people could ask questions and voice concerns but I guess I was wrong. I'm guessing that gradschoolmom's hormones have kicked in and decided to be "bish." I'm a first time mom with concerns. I too have coached my whole life and swan in college which is where these concerns were addressed. I have heard of that little thing called google. It is a magical tool but if you have used it yourself it has had postings that have stated that it might not be okay to swim and you should talk to your OB. I was hoping that if I got enough go with it's then maybe my concerns would be absurd and apparently they are. Thank you for making this a negative experience on this blog so far. I will go ahead and excuse myself from this app.
    qfp
  • Jenw1207 said:
    Okay so I'm glad that I finally decided to write on here. I thought this was a place where people could ask questions and voice concerns but I guess I was wrong. I'm guessing that gradschoolmom's hormones have kicked in and decided to be "bish." I'm a first time mom with concerns. I too have coached my whole life and swan in college which is where these concerns were addressed. I have heard of that little thing called google. It is a magical tool but if you have used it yourself it has had postings that have stated that it might not be okay to swim and you should talk to your OB. I was hoping that if I got enough go with it's then maybe my concerns would be absurd and apparently they are. Thank you for making this a negative experience on this blog so far. I will go ahead and excuse myself from this app.

QFP

And to think I was going to give you a thoughtful response about the old editions of What to Expect and their water sports fear mongering.

I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNNNNGGGRRRRRYYYY! NOW!

Dec 2014 Dec Siggy, Free For All

Big E- 2008

Miss M- 2011

Baby Z- 2012

Baby Smoosh, Due Dec 2014

• Jenw1207 said:

Qfp

What the hell is going on today?!
  • I am looking for helpful responses that is the purpose of this. Not to make people feel stupid after saying I know that this might be a stupid question. Yes I'm feeling sensitive.
  • I swam my entire first tri into second tri with dd. It was an indoor pool so no overheating concerns. I didn't think too much about but I could see why some people might wonder if it's unsafe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  BabyFruit Ticker
  • OhMySpawn said:

Someone has got to be playing a joke on us. Is there a truth or dare game going around another group and we're the victims?

Right?!?

It's like crazy found Dec 14.

• Jenw1207 said:
    I am looking for helpful responses that is the purpose of this. Not to make people feel stupid after saying I know that this might be a stupid question. Yes I'm feeling sensitive.

I thought you said you were leaving???
  • Holy mother fucking shit!!!! Another one. Put your fucking BGPs on OP and go swimming. Unless your dr tells you specifically not to do it your fine. I honestly can't even think of reason, other than your water has already broke, that you can't go swimming while pregnant. Who unlocked the gate that was containing all the crazies and trolls today!!!

DD1 5/16/2006 8lbs 3oz 21" (2 days late, 36.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/08/09 6w5d
    DS1 6/27/2013 7lbs 9oz 19.5" (1 day late, 17.5 hour labor)
    M/C 12/18/13 6w1d Twins
    BFP#5 4/6/13 EDD 12/16/2014

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Hahahahahaha.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• Jenw1207 said:

No, you're not looking for helpful responses. I gave you one, you completely ignored it, and I have come to the realization that I utterly wasted my time. You came here to validate some preconceived notion you had about the tone of the board and ignored every response that you couldn't contort into fitting your expectation. Shame on me for taking the bait.

Exactly.
  • This is what I saw in my head as I read this

imageimageimageimage
    November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
            image   image   image
    BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow honey... if you did not find that we were helpful, then I am sorry.  Perhaps our lack of medical degrees might be part of not being able to answer a medical question you should put to your OB, NP, MW.  

Test
  • Flabbergasted.

Where did all these people crawl from!?
    May Siggy Challenge = Linda Belcher!! Hands down, my favorite TV mom!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Krisx2Krisx2 member
    edited June 2014

OP, ain't nobody got time for trolls tonight!

Edit: Gif fail.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Jenw1207 said:

I am looking for helpful responses that is the purpose of this. Not to make people feel stupid after saying I know that this might be a stupid question. Yes I'm feeling sensitive.

I do believe you got helpful responses. Seriously though, someone pointed out that you could have googled. You would have gotten an answer by googled fasted than you typed out your post. Anyway, who seriously posts a question before googling anyway?

<CafeMom Tickers>

CafeMom Tickers
  • path75path75 member
    I got a 1st tri book and swimming is a recommended exercise. I first thought about this but really the people here can only give you advice. If you have a real concern you should always ask your doctor first. I don't think any of us are qualified to give you the same advice of your doctor. I think what people are saying is that google will give you the same results these ladies can give you. You wont get any better answers. I hope this helps. 

• Go swim its good exercise.......that'll be $999.99.....I give you discount for self pay...no personal checks or credit cards excepted. Call me if I need to treat you more.

BabyFetus Ticker

photo 7c97aba4-c6a3-4fe0-9e66-0f6a53a25e47_zpscdba2f5c.jpg

• I have already been swimming. Lol.
    My grandma just told me to think of it this way. If you did it before you were pregnant then it should be okay after.
    My nurse just told me use common sense.
    & no hot tubs. Lol
  • Okay, I have had time to relax and think about this and I deeply appologize for over reacting yesterday. I want to thank those who really have given me great advice. I absolutely understand that it was the DUMBEST question I could have asked on here but it really was a legitimate concern and I could not get ahold of my doctor and I did google it. I was just hoping to hear that others have swimmed especially the STM out there. I am a first time mom who has been trying to get pregnant for over a year and I have had two miscarriages. This is why I am beyond paranoid as well as over emotional. I just do not know what to expect at all and I have only had one appt with no one to talk to so I was hoping to turn to some people on here for a little bit of advice and figured it wouldn't matter how dumb the question was because we have all had those moments that just needed a little bit of reassurance. I really am sorry for the way I handled things. I guess I just did not expect to have someone say it was a dumb question because I always thought that no question is a dumb question when it comes to another life. I have done more lurking and realized the tone of this thread and from now on I will be careful what I post. I am really really sorry and especially sorry to gradschoolmom. I do want to thank those that I completely ignored who without hesitation gave me advice and it was exactly what I needed. I ended up talking to my doctor and was able to get in the pool for a bit. Sorry again.
  • Thanks for the apology. Sorry for your previous losses. Hoping you a very uneventful and healthy pregnancy. Hopefully being here will help you to relax a little more and enjoy some laughs as well as get some good advice.

• Thank you. I really do appreciate it. I'm hoping for the exact same thing.
  • Thank you very much. I really did not want to seem stupid on this thread and will definitely chose my questions more wisely. Once again I am sorry and let's just hug it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"