April 2013 Moms

Experience with general anesthesia recovery?

Hey all, I am a nervous wreck about my DS procedure tomorrow morning, the procedure is routine but I am nervous about him being put under and the recovery from that.

I have always felt so awful when coming out of general anesthesia, so I am hoping to hear some other April Mom's experience with their LOs who have had to have it.

Did they want to eat? nurse? drink water afterwards?  nausea issues?  sleep a lot after it, not sleep at all?  Anything you found work to make them comfortable the day of surgery?

Thanks

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Experience with general anesthesia recovery?

• Good luck tomorrow... we'll be thinking about you guys!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • My son had to go under when he was 6 months old. When he woke up he was crying and I nursed him on and off and he wanted to sleep a lot that day. By the time we got home he seemed like his old self with the exception of being a little more tired.

Good luck tomorrow!! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes! Let us know how it goes!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Cam was kind of out of it and crabby and all he wanted to do was drink fluids. But like others said once we left the hospital he was fine again.
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• bhjones1980bhjones1980 member
    edited June 2014
    It went well, he came out of the sleep really upset and confused, that was the worst part, once we got home he was really fussy and drowsy so we napped together and I nursed him for comfort (he is almost weaned) which worked well to comfort him. He was ok the rest of the day just a little more cranky than normal and his nap and eating schedule was a nightmare Thanks for all your positive thoughts and prayers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• So glad it went well and your little guy is doing ok!! :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"