May 2012 Moms

Garden check in

I FINALLY planted 2/3 of my garden and buying the rest tonight to plant tomorrow!! I cheated and bought a tomato hanging basket with green tomatoes on it :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled

Re: Garden check in

• Our lime tree seems to have died while we're on vacation.  :( However our dragon fruit is starting to grow and also our spaghetti squash is starting to form small squashes already, hooray :)
  • Not a real garden, but we got one of our two new beds that we tilled in front of the house planted with shrubs and bought the shrubs for the other bed, but haven't gotten them in the ground yet. That's on the agenda for the weekend. All part of a curb appeal makeover that includes sanding and repainting the porches and replacing the crappy old storm windows. Hoping to get around to a real garden next year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We finally planted my cherry tree but I think we let it dry out too much in the pot. Boo! Planted some blueberries and strawberries. Mulched the tomatoes and peppers. Planted more pepper plants. Planted some more flowers/honeysuckle along our new turkey wire fence and got a small gate. Also started digging up some more of the lawn to make another garden bed. Hoping to get a bunch done this weekend since the weather is going to be nice. Desperately need to weed-wack the lawn (crab grasses a plenty)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"