Baby Showers

rosie pope....has she turned to the dark side?

I was surprised I did not see this yet..sorry if I went up and I missed it... smh

https://www.rosiepope.com/blog/in-defense-of-the-grandma-shower/
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: rosie pope....has she turned to the dark side?

• I follow her too. This isn't her first major etiquette breach though, she had a big shower for baby #4 and posted pictures of it. She's pretty tacky, and anyone who uses the "it's all about the baby" gets a major eye roll from me.
  • I didn't know who she was, but she said that she even liked any kind of party, even pee parties. I didn't even know what that was so I just googled it. That is the most ridiculous, tacky thing I've ever heard of. I wish being pregnant would stop being so trendy so I wouldn't have to attend all these stupid things.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I just wish that people would realize that when you have a child its up to you and you alone to provide for this child and no one else. If grandma needs a pack and play then you as the parent can provide one or grandma can buy it her self. It is just crazy to me 
  • ::off to google pee parties::
  • Pee parties. Oh my.

I will never understand the compulsion to gather and celebrate EVERY SINGLE THING.

• pee parties...I cannot even

it reminds me of college where someone is afraid and all your "closest" sorority sister pile in the bathroom and watch you pee on the stick and wait with bated breath. Will people ever grow up?  

What if your trying to get pregant and its negative... you want everyone there with you? 
    %-(
  • Saratiff said:

pee parties...I cannot even

it reminds me of college where someone is afraid and all your "closest" sorority sister pile in the bathroom and watch you pee on the stick and wait with bated breath. Will people ever grow up?  

What if your trying to get pregant and its negative... you want everyone there with you? 
    %-(
    This. We tried for a couple months before getting pregnant this time, and it was a bummer testing during those couple months. I wouldn't have wanted others around saying stuff like "It'll happen soon!" or worse, offering advice.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Saratiff said:
    pee parties...I cannot even

%-(

Agreed. When we were TTC, I was so certain I was pregnant that getting a BFN would have been so upsetting. It would be so awkward to get a BFN at the same time as someone getting a BFP, and vice versa. Gting the BFN, you don't want to completely bring the party down for the one(s) getting a BFP. Getting the BFP, do your curb your enthusiasm so as not to seem insensitive to the gals getting BFNs? Just stupid. That moment should be shared between spouses only.

• Rosie makes a living off women who throw these types of parties... I mean, her clients get their hair and makeup done in the delivery room, FFS. So it doesn't surprise me that she would be okay with all of these other tacky gatherings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"