Parenting

These are my CONFESSIONS!!

Re: These are my CONFESSIONS!!

• I just cancelled my haircut for today because I'm having an awful day and everyone is irritating me and the thought of chatting with the hairdresser made me want up jump off a building. I think I have social problems.
    I just did this too!.  Also because I have lost SO much hair it's embarrassing and I just am not in the mood for pity.  We keep trying to find a different way to part it but it's not working anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At my new job we are allowed one on-shift meal that we don't have to pay for.  I am so socially awkward that I can't even cook myself a burger and fries during the slow prep time without worrying that someone will comment on it.  I also almost feel like it's stealing, even though my boss tells me every day that I can cook myself something.  I'm an odd one I guess.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @LaurelBee‌ more good wishes for your son!

Re: pouding, one of my best friends has a decade-old "white fungus bird's nest drink" from Vietnam in his fridge. He brought it back with him thinking he might try it one day. When it became apparent he would not, he just kept it for reasons of hilarity. It has moved with him several times. They are totally available here in Asian groceries, but he won't replace it......

Anyway I like the Tupperware solution.

• pobrecita said:

Speaking of keeping gross things, I think it's weird when people keep their baby's cord stump. Teeth are different, but I draw the line at cord stumps.

People do this? Ew.

I had a few people ask if I was putting DSs cord stump in his memory box. Wtf? Uh noooo.
  • @LaurelBee‌ I was on watch when Sammie got get finger caught in the door. It turned purple and then she list the nail. But the nail grew back! :D

I felt like complete crap for a week, but in the end my SO pointed out that no matter what the circumstances it was am accident. I of course would never do something with the thought that she could get hurt.

Be mad about the softball and Him nOt paying attention, but don't make him feel worse about DS being hurt IMO
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• LaurelBee said:
    Dh slammed Ds's finger in the hinge-side of the door last night, severing off the tip of his finger. They were able to sew it back on at the ER, but they're not sure it will "grow back on." Confession is that I totally blame my H. I am really angry, even though it was an accident. He was rushing to leave so he could play in that effing softball league I said I didn't want him playing in last week. It was totally avoidable.
    I realize this is way late to the game, and I haven;t read the rest of the thread.  
    This same thing happened to me when I was about 5.  My brother slammed my finger in the hinge, and the tip of my finger got sliced completely off.  They sewed it back on and it ended up being fine.  My nail on that finger grows kinda funny, but that's it.  

My brother still feels guilty about this 25 years later.  

2 Beautiful Boys 11.7.03 & 4.23.13
  • I confess that I just brushed my hair for the first time this WEEK #PONYTAILSWETORDRY
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Damn. I should have saved the cord stump, put it on a string, and hid it in B's house somewhere.

Good 18th birthday or wedding gift!
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • I really like the band Drive By Truckers.

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I'm pretty sure that is Usher, although I have idea what the song sounds like.  He's always singing very emotionally, from what I gander. 

That was my guess too, but I thought he was leaner and less bulky?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Cord stump care was the worst. Thanks for that memory before lunch.

Belated UO: guns should shoot smelly cord stumps and shower drain hair. Legit scary stuff right there.

• msdrdgmsdrdg member
    If one more person points out that ds doesn't eat enough meat I'm going to punch them in the face. He eats veggies, fruit, whole grains, and dairy. He gets plenty of protein and iron. He doesn't fucking like meat. SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT MY KIDS DIET.
    My kid doesn't eat meat either.  Most people, well everybody by my Father, have finally shut the fuck up about it.  There's nothing I can do about it and forcing the issue is just going to have the opposite results.
    The Book of Love Has Music in it

• Today at 3:15, there's a "Daddy Disco" dance thing at DS' daycare. I texted him that I cancelled my haircut and did he want me to pick up DS. He said "no, I'm still planning on going to this dance off thing." I was like, yeah, it's a dance not a dance off. I can't stop laughing at him thinking it was a dance off between the dads or something.
    This is so cute and hilarious!  I bet you he has been working on his moves for days!
  • mbenit4 said:

RVASC811 said:

Drain catcher?
    Is this in your purse? I am so confused.

Uh no. They prevent hair from getting in the shower drain. Easy peasy.

But I need it for ammo though. And it's still scary in the drain catcher btw.

• MaebbMaebb member
    MrsButt said:

A guy named Jomo just called. Jomo. Pronounced Joe-Moe. This name is hilarious to me. I kept wanting to giggle on the call but nothing that we were discussing was humourous. Except Jomo.

DS is named John Nolen, and I normally call him that (both names). But DH calls him JoNo (pronounced like Joe No), and at first it was just a joke, but now more and more people are calling him that. It will be great if he's a professional sports player, but maybe he'll just go by "John."
  • jorkz821 said:

Dubwife79 said:

Dd loves looking at pictures of herself on my phone. Last I noticed a random pic of a dog in my camer roll and I couldn't figure out where it came from. I realized yesterday it was someone's avatar from here! I have no idea how it happened and I feel like a total creeper.

@Dubwife79‌ did you take my picture?? ;)
    Who else has a dog avatar? @ThisIsBrea‌ @pobrecita‌ @Little Jerry
    Omg it's you! I was looking at it thinking "who's dog is that and why is it giving me the side eye" then I saw it on here yesterday and made the connection.
  • My garage movie was Dead Man on Campus

• Dubwife79 said:

jorkz821 said:

Dubwife79 said:

Dd loves looking at pictures of herself on my phone. Last I noticed a random pic of a dog in my camer roll and I couldn't figure out where it came from. I realized yesterday it was someone's avatar from here! I have no idea how it happened and I feel like a total creeper.

@Dubwife79‌ did you take my picture?? ;)
    Who else has a dog avatar? @ThisIsBrea‌ @pobrecita‌ @Little Jerry
    Omg it's you! I was looking at it thinking "who's dog is that and why is it giving me the side eye" then I saw it on here yesterday and made the connection.
    Hahaha!
    SQUIRREL!!!

• RVASC811 said:
    @DragonBlood13‌, I am in shock too, but I thought it was just me since I'm still waiting for Usher to ask me to marry him.
    It took me and my friends FOREVER to figure out WTF he was spelling out in that song.

Uh duh, it's his first and last name.

• Zoo lander has the best quotes evar.

MerMAN!
    SQUIRREL!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"