TTC after 35

BFP Roll Call Parade (warning!)

In the past few weeks we've had what seems like a ton of BFPs.  Congrats again ladies on your exciting and wonderful news !!!!

I was thinking perhaps we could do a special "roll call" for them. This way we can see them all in one big happy, BFP post. If you are one of them and you'd like to participate, simply post a quick message that you are one of our beautiful BFPers and any information you want to share.

It goes without saying that we wish you all the very best and though we'll miss you we are thrilled you will be moving away from TTC and on to one of the pregnancy boards in the near future.

(p.s. I am not one of the recent bfpers, but hope to be very soon)

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: BFP Roll Call Parade (warning!)

• Loading the player...
  • hooligans4 - I know, sorry but it's not me.  I just want to see all the great women who have been successful all in one place. We've had so many lately, and it's great positive inspiration :)

Samuelismomma - Thanks!!! Continued GL to you :)

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• Congrats again, @samuelismomma and@stellasoo.  @stellasoo, congratulations on your weight loss as well--60 lbs is awesome!  Good for you for finding an RE who treats you with respect and helped you get results!
    *****Signature/Ticker Warning******

Me: 41, DH: 45
    DD, 6/15/2013
    TTC #2 beginning January 2014
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

July 2014: IUI #1.  Follistim + Pregnyl.  2 follicles--BFN
    September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Ovulation Chart

• This was a great idea and very sweet of you to post @PrivateOne !
    Me: 38 ~  DH: 38 ~   DD: 8
    TTC #2 since March/April 2014.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well I'm excited because I'm graduating with some ladies that definitely deserve it because they have been here a long time! I just can't wait for @PrivateOne‌ , @BeckyP005‌ , and @hooligans4‌ ..to join us!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • *thread hijack warning

Samuelismomma all women ttc deserve it, I understand your sentiment and I am thrilled for each and every one of the women who have gotten +s!  I understand it can be difficult for those that have been ttc for a long time and/or those especially that have had losses and no children, but this board is specifically for women that are over 35.  That is the only "requirement"

There are boards for those that are having infertility diagnosis, and I don't go post on those bc I don't fit, there is a tttc board for those that meet those board requirements, again I don't fit, God willing me and hopefully most of us will one day be able to post a BFP and because there isn't a board, that i know of please point me there if there is, for women over 40 who have children but still have room in their heart for more where would I post?

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive?  When I was here on this board ttc my youngest I felt like posting my + would or could be inspiring to others.  I felt that way and still do when someone gets a +, like yes see a 40 yr old CAN have a successful pregnancy.

• edited May 2014
    @kelly72 I didn't say every woman on here didn't deserve it? I already have a ds and have never felt unwelcomed. The women I mentioned above and I have gotten especially close that's why I mentioned them , and @hooligans4 also has children? I understood @PrivateOne‌ started this thread on a positive note so the rest of the board could keep track of bfp's for inspiration and for us with bfp' can give updates....
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Samuelismomma you are right you did not specifically state those were the only women that deserve a +, something about the way I read it sparked me up I guess.  Of course it is natural that you have gotten to know specific ladies and feel excited for them- please forgive my blunder.

Anyway I'm just happy there are +s sparking up left and right and hope it continues

• @kelly72 it's alright sweetie...we all have bad days:( I feel for everyone that's one of the reasons I waited to tell also. You have always been supportive...good luck to you !
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Davie813Davie813 member
    edited May 2014
    I'm fine with whatever, too. 

I do think it's awesome to be able to celebrate with our fellow Bumpies, especially those who have struggled and/or supported us in our own struggles.  I think we're all genuinely happy for these ladies, and yes, they deserve the spotlight.

The Drive-bys do sting, though.  Maybe a little more elaboration (minus the rigid rules and public shaming, of course) in the section of our sticky dealing with posting BFPs could help?  I think Trouble TTC handles this pretty well (their sticky/intro is here.)

Sorry for getting so off-topic!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

September 2014: IUI #2.  Follistim + Pregnyl + Ganirelix + Crinone.  4(?) follicles--BFN
    October 2014: IUI #3.  More Follistim + More Ganirelix + Pregnyl + Crinone.  4 follicles--BFP!  Beta #1=10 Beta #2=33 Beta #3=97 Beta #4=158.  M/C 11/1/14
    December 2014: IVF #1.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  9R, 9M, 9F.  3 5-day blasts transferred 12/15. BFFN.
    April 2015: IVF #2.  Microdose Lupron protocol.  16R, 15M, 12F. Transferred 2 5-day blasts 4/12 and froze 4--BFP!  M/C 5/25/15
    August 2015: IVF #3.  14R, 13M, 11F.  Froze 5 blasts for CCS testing.  3 normals.  FET planned for 10/2015.

My Ovulation Chart

• tlc35tlc35 member
    What does everyone think about doing grad check in thread?  TTGP has one every week (I think they have it on Tuesdays, but obviously we could do it any day) and it might be nice to see updates from our grads on a regular basis.
    As for posting BFP, I do realize that it stings but it sucks the most when the poster isn't active and those people won't know to put it in a special thread.  I would like people to be able to post the initial BPF as a separate post and then maybe ultrasound updates, etc could go in the grad thread.  Just my 2 cents.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• tlc35Davie813 I think elaboration on the sticky is a good idea, but as we all know the drive bys are less likely to read them no matter what. 

Peace out all I'm about to be weekend bound!

• lcwedlcwed member
    I agree with pps about continuing individual BFP postings because sometimes a BFP could get lost in one main thread. I remember on my BMB they tried that with intros because some people got tired of reading the intros but that led to a lot of hurt feelings from people with EDD at the end of the month feeling lost in the crowd.  I like the idea of doing a mid month or end of month update thread where all the month's BFPs could people say hi, previous posters could update how they are doing, etc.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• IFinTN said:
    @urmysunshine77 I am not opposed to celebrations:) I would like to see this thread continued though on a weekly basis, don't know why but it is easier for me to see them all in one place. Then I can be updated on success and ignore the individual posts when having a bad day. Best of both worlds,..
    I'm sorry, @IFinTN. I misunderstood you. Yes, I agree that a group thread could be offered in conjunction with the individual BFPs. It makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Also @TLC35, I love your idea of a TTC > 35 Grad Check-in. I want to know how our graduates are doing and feeling!

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• tlc35tlc35 member
    Hi @processofbecoming I have been lurking and following you on N14 and PG>35.  When I get down about my loss I remember that you had a loss first and then had a successful pregnancy after that.  Hopefully you don't think I'm too creepy.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Hi @tlc35--I don't think that is creepy at all! I've had a loss, then my son, then another loss, and then this pregnancy (which, God willing, will be successful). Actually my doctor told me that I'd likely be more "fertile" after my D&C, and he was right. I got pregnant after my first post D&C cycle (with my son). I was positive that, since it was so close to my miscarriage, it would result in another loss, but it was a textbook pregnancy (well, until the end when I had pre-e and things got crappy, but everything turned out okay). And you are 36, which makes you a spring chicken compared to me (ha ha!). One of my best friends, who was told she had DOR and would likely never have a biological child, got pregnant on her second IUI at the age of 42 and just delivered her son two months ago at 37 weeks. Her son is two months old, and she is already consulting with her fertility doctor about number 2 (my friend does not mess around, apparently!).  I was thrilled for her, and continue to root for all of the awesome women on this board!!!

Me: 42, DH: 40; Surprise BFP 4/27/2011; no heartbeat at 9w3d, we miss you, Baby Manatee; D&C 6/1/2011; AF returned 6/26/2011; Ready to try for our take-home baby. 7/24/2011--BFP! Peanut born March 2012; BFP: 7/31/2013!; blighted ovum at 7 weeks 8/26/2013. Holy Cannoli! BFP 2/23/2014. EDD 11/6/2014!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I am so happy for all the BFPs!  I hope they all keep coming :)

I do like the idea for a grad check in.  I like to know what happens to those who leave us. 

@ProcessofBecoming...I was here for just a very short time when you left us but for some reason I miss seeing your posts.  I was happy to see you post on this topic.  I think you were the first BFP when I started this board and you still play such a great and supportive part :)
    41 & single; DX:  PCOS
    TTC #1 with IUI and donor sperm
    First IUI May, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Second IUI July, 2014, Clomid + Trigger = BFN
    Third IUI Dec, 2014, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = BFN
    Fourth IUI Feb 2015, Femara + Follistim + Trigger = C/P :(

• @ksgsmu‌ yay that's awesome girl!!! Woo hoo!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• @ksgsmu - so happy for you!!! I know you have a long way to go, but sending you all my best that is goes perfectly!!!

image   image

image  image

• Ladies I'm so happy to see the ideas above. I agree with the majority, individuals have their own moment in the spotlight to celebrate what we are all praying for. And yes, the roll call BFP sounds nice too. It might be a little depressing if we don't have many BFPs that week though... Crickets? Not sure how to handle. Maybe it could be a grad post slash BFP roll call. Love to hear grad posts. I do have one request, could the BFPs doing it naturally post their charts? If love to see the temps, OPK, BD days and compare to mine!
    Congrats to all of you. I am truly happy for you and hope to join you soon!
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
  • OMG @KSGSMU I missed it it Congrats!!! I have ot go find your thread to jump and down!!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• mindaamindaa member
    Agree that a grad check-in would be welcome. 

I like to be reminded of the BFP success stories... they help me continue to muster up a little hope month after month 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• Update:  We had our first u/s today... 6 weeks, 3 days (EDD 1/24).  Saw the heartbeat - forgot to get the number but emailed this afternoon - 118bpm.  

Next appt 6/24 then we will be released to OB
    ***signature/ticker warning***
    Me:37 DH:39
    TTC#1 since 3/2012

Diagnosis : Unexplained Infertility

3 BFN rounds Clomid + IUI
    IVF 1 - BFN, 1 Frozen
    IVF 2 - BFN, 5 Frozen
    FET 1 - BFP!!! EDD 1/24/15 Beta 1: 700, Beta 2: 2,156; 1st U/S 6w3d: HB 118bpm, 2nd U/S 9w3d: HB 171bpm

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • on42 said:
    I am with @processofbecoming, and have also been lurking. We're doing well, sitting at 18 weeks with a girl! I check in often to see who has received their BFP!  I miss you all!!!   :x
    Congratulations on your daughter!

DD, 6/15/2013
    AMH 1.05; FSH range 7-11

My Ovulation Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"