December 2014 Moms
Options

~ Fit Friday ~

For those of you who might be interested I thought I'd start a Fit Friday thread so we could help motivate one another.

How has your attempt at fitness been this week?

GTKY: What is your favorite fitness activity?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: ~ Fit Friday ~

• Options
    This week I finally started attempting to workout again. I did an arm workout that used to be easy for me, but was now a little hard. Hopefully morning sickness stays away so I can get back into regular workouts.

GTKY: I love pole dancing and aerial silks... though not when pregnant.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Unfortunately I'm on light duty this week until we hear what's what with the placenta previa. It's the first week I haven't done cardio at least 4 days. I'm bummed but hopefully it's temporary.

GTKY: it's Zumba. Ha. I love it.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a yoga teacher but I scaled back my classes first tri since my practice had been very catered to my ms and lack of energy- also my worst days happened to be on class days. I just don't feel right teaching what I'm not practicing. However, the last 2 weeks have been awesome and I'm feeling way more confident with standing poses and deeper stretches and being upside down in downward dog etc again.
    Also, I hiked backwards ( yes, backwards, I've been running the same trail for years) straight up the 3mi mountain I used to run up and then ran down and ran about 2 miles cool down. I FELT SO EMPOWERED that my body is still capable of so much. (Even through lethargy and sickness I still made myself atleast hike it slowly atleast once a week so I wasn't pushing myself out of nowhere)

Anyway- double sports bras is also what I believe made it possible ;)
  • Options
    I've been fairly active - still working out about 3 to 4 times a week. I am boring and just go to the gym for cardio and weight training. It has been hard to muster up the energy to go, but once I'm there I'm glad. I feel like my energy depletes quicker than usual during my weight sessions, and I've had to slow my pace about a minute while running. I was traveling for work this week, so I've only squeezed in 2 workouts so far, but plan to go tonight and tomorrow.

GTKY: running, especially sunrise runs! So beautiful!

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Options

I really hope I can start being more active. I've been so tired that really the only exercise I did in 1st tri was walking the dogs on the weekends.

GTKY: Prior to pregnancy it was running and lifting weights.

TTC since August 2011, Me = 40, DH = 38
    Unexplained IF. Tried Clomid for 3 cycles. All BFNs. BFP 1/6/13. Chemical pregnancy.

Moving on to IVF#1. ER 11/26/13, 16 eggs retreived, 12 mature and all fertilized. 2 blasts transferred on 12/1. All other embies arrested so nothing left to freeze. Beta 12/10 = BFN. IVF #2 March 2014. BFP!!! TEAM BLUE!!!

image imageimageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    It's finally getting better!  I am 12 weeks tomorrow and my energy is coming back.  The nausea is finally starting to fade.  Before I was still doing my workouts and pushing through them, but was feeling like hell the whole time.  

Now I feel pretty good, minus some "side stitch" feeling when I'm running.  Anyone else have this?  I didn't have it with DD and I haven't felt it since I was running track in high school.  But right now I feel it if I'm running or jumping rope.  Doesn't happen during Zumba or doing the stepmill.

GTKY:  I love running, the stepmill, and lifting (specifically leg day!) but I'd say the most enjoyable is Zumba just because it's such a fun workout. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thank you for this. I haven't been able to work out at all since becoming pregnant because I've been too tired and felt too sick, but now that the m/s is starting to let up I'm starting to feel more energy. I'm going to start working out again tomorrow :)

GTKY: running (before pregnancy) and yoga. 
    Married 5/12/12
    BabyFruit Ticker
    69 Thoughts We've All Had While Drunk

• Options
    @bikinimom, I love the idea of this thread! thank you!

I've been active every week since BFP, but at a progressively declining intensity, mostly due to exhaustion or nausea. My cardio is less vigorous, I've adapted my yoga for certain poses (and yesterday noticed some poses where my bloat baby is getting in the way) and instead of doing three sets of my strength training, some days I only do two. But the last two sessions I did full three sets of everything, just with a little more rest in between. I meet with my trainer again in a week, so we'll change exercises anyway and probably adapt some things. I was glad the CNM told me I could continue with the weight training I do, with caution and to not go up in the amount of weight.

~~leenieb123

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've continued running but I've slowed down.  I'm volunteering to run a Girls on the Run 5K this weekend along with a little girl as her "running buddy" for her first 5K and I'm super excited about it.  But last weekend I saw a dad running with his kid biking by his side and I started crying.  Maybe this should be a FFFC but it made me so emotional to think of me and MH running with our kid someday that I actually had to stop running to compose myself for a second.  I hope I can hold it together for the 5K this weekend...  

GTKY  Running and swimming.   
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm an avid cyclist, but have decided to stop road riding now that I'm in my second trimester.  On the weekend I went on  a two hour walk with a friend and then managed to get to the gym for a bit of cardio and weight training twice this week.
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a super active person, but I'm trying to be consistent with going to the gym at least 3 days per week. I hadn't been working out since my wedding (last November) but started again several weeks ago. I had a lot of fatigue during first tri but no m/s. Feeling less tired now, and always feel great after working out.

GTKY: swimming or biking
    Married 11/9/13
    TTC since Jan 2014
    BFP 4/4/14, EDD 12/06/14
    image BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Love it!  

My fitness this week has been walking the dog about 3x a day.  Right now she is getting 1.5 miles a day in (without DH taking her out for a seperate run).  As for this week, does it count if I am in work out gear?  ;)

In my brilliant wisdom I signed up for my first ever 5k.  I haven't run in a couple of years... so this could fun.  Talked to my OB about it and she encouraged me to do it stating it might be more difficult since I am PG and to use common sense. 

Test
  • Options
    I'd love to join! I have been afraid to work out because I worked out before my loss in January and I'm being overly cautious with everything I do. I had a OB appointment yesterday and nearly shit myself when I saw how much I weigh. I hasn't weighted myself in months and I'm like 10 pounds more than what I was in February. Yikes! I'm gonna take baby steps back to the gym. Light work outs til I feel more comfortable doing more.
    Me: 32, DH:33, Married: 8/30/2008, TTC since: 10/1/2012
    DX: Me - DOR & tubal issues, DH: none. 
    June 2004: Ectopic pregnancy with DH while dating
    October & November 2013: IUI #1 & 2 - BFN
    December 2013:Taking a break, trying on our own.
    January 2014: BFP!!!! Ectopic pregnancy ruptured at 6wks1day. Left Fallopian tube removed. Noted during surgery the right Fallopian tube is severely damaged from 2004 ectopic pregnancy.
    April 8 2014: IVF#1 w/ISCI: 10 received, 5 mature, 3 fertilized. Day 3 transfer of all three embies.
    April 22, 2014: BFP! beta #1: 80 beta #2: 211 One nugget! 
    January 6, 2015: Adeline Marguerite is here!!

image image

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Took bodysculpt Monday, did my own thing on Tuesday (elliptical/fast walk on treadmill), attempted to run outside on Wednesday, psh, that didn't last.  My HR was sky high after a light jog after 50 feet.  Went inside and did the arc trainer for 15 min.  Took off yesterday and took zumba today.

Can't wait for that belly and not a fat roll because I'm in the inbetween gym clothes stage.  ugh
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    path75path75 member
    How has your attempt at fitness been this week? I have had no physical activity other than climbing stairs and walking to and from my van. At my 1st appt Wednesday she said to walk 30 minutes a day 7 days a week. I am glad this thread is here because it will motivate me. I have been extremely fatigued but I know once I start I will feel better. Guess today is a good day to start.

GTKY: What is your favorite fitness activity? My favorite activity is kick boxing. After falling off the wagon at the beginning of the year, I was doing 40 minutes three days a week and other cardio the other days. But I am guessing that might have to take a back burner. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just realized I forgot the GTKY:   Right now my favorite activity is up in the air.  I used to love fencing, but due to a series of injuries I wasn't doing that.  Now that I am PG there is no way DH is going to let me back. 

Right now I am doing a statnionary bike, some yoga, and some weight lifting.  I was really enjoying kettle bell for a while.  

Today -  Depending on my MS, I might get my bike out of storage and go for a ride.  DH is finishing up a race today and I would like to bike down to see him.  I was getting a little dizzy on this morning's dog walk, so I know there is no way I walk to do the farmer's market, grocery shopping, and then walk to and from the finish line.  

Test
  • Options
    Follow up/question: I'm officially 13 weeks now and my uterus hurts like crazy! I worked out yesterday, ran 2 miles, did a weigh circuit followed by a few minutes of planks. Today my uterus is so sore, not cramping but hurts to roll over in bed and is just tender in general. I'm thinking it round ligament pains, but not sure. Are any of you experiencing something like this? I'm a little freaked out.

• Options
    Maybe that's it! It's really low though, it definitely feels like the soreness is in the vicinity of my uterus. My next appt is Monday, so I'll ask about it then.

• Options
    Finally feeling better (less ms & fatigue) & have more energy for lifting. Also the nicer weather has allowed me the opportunity to run outside. GTKY-- lifting heavy weight (although not as heavy right now) Thanks @bikinimom for this thread. I love fitness!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"