August 2012 Moms

Pacifier

So DS only uses his to sleep. And only at home. He's already gotten rid of it for nap at daycare. But I can't for the life of me get him to drop it here.. We were successful once for naps only, then for super sick so I gave it back to make him feel better. And now I'm kicking myself.

I tried to not give it today for his nap. Because I knew he was extra tired since it was later, and he just laid there and screamed. For 15 minutes. And just wouldn't let himself go to sleep.

Do I just let him keep screaming?
Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Pacifier

• sdlaurasdlaura member
    DD hasn't used hers for a long time, but if she only used it at home for naps, I don't think I'd care too much about getting rid of it anytime soon. My nephew just gave his up at age 2.5 because they reasoned with him about how none of his friends used them anymore.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • Yup. At home for nap at bed. And he knows, he leaves the crib he puts it down. Sometimes he knows he can get away with keeping it on weekend mornings with daddy if we have snuggle sessions (like at 6am) but with me, nope.
  • Loading the player...
  • vic8504vic8504 member
    edited May 2014
    DD still uses hers for naps and bedtime. I think I am going to let her keep it until we move her out of the crib that way she can have it to comfort her until she is used to her new bed. Hoping by the end of summer it will be on its way out.

And as you can see by my picture she does get it some other times. She has been pretty sick for the past month with pneumonia and ear infections so like you I caved some and let her have it more than I normally would.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Ohhhh. That's a good idea. And were moving soon so maybe let home keep it til after all that.
    Nice to know others aren't worried about it. Here I am thinking I'm late with ditching it.
  • hahah. we don't even limit when he gets it. honestly I don't care. His speech therapist doesn't either. I have an uphill battle though, because Isaac has them and Aiden will just grab his. Getting rid of it isn't really so high on my priority list right now.

imageimage
  • My ped made us remove them at 4 months old. At the time my daughter was using a Wubanub (animal attached) I simply cut the paci part off and she just uses her animal for comfort.
  • We're still using. Mostly for sleeping and car rides but also whenever she asks. She's cutting bottom canines now and she chewed through 3 old binks in 2 days. We replaced them and intended to limit use but last night she actually woke up and cried because she couldn't find her nighttime bink. That's rare, so we're stuck until the worst of the teething is over. Pedi didn't mind at the 18 month appt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MoFreeMoFree member
    My LO was not attached to the pacifier but I don't see any reason to take it away from your son as long as it stays in his crib and it doesn't interfere with speech development. There is no arbitrary age when it needs to be taken away despite what pediatricians say.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited May 2014
    He doesn't really talk much to begin with. The drs aren't concerned yet. He communicates, but isn't saying much. He knows what he wants though. But only says simple things. The one doc (who is my favorite) says as soon as I make the speech evaluation appt he going to start saying 'excuse me mom, may I please have a cookie'
  • DD still has hers. We try to limit it during the day, but frankly, I don't try too hard. We're moving again to a new house (ours! The first home we've owned!) in early July and is like her to have it through the stress of adjusting to another home. I think we'll work on it in earnest this fall. Maybe.

Or maybe I'm just chicken! Lol.
  • DD still has hers. She asks for it by name, and is very chatty. She will talk with her soother in her mouth, but will remove it and give it to us when we ask her for it. 
    She primarily uses it for naps, bedtime and in the car. I'm not concerned with her having it, she's not impeded by it at all. 2.5 is my cut off I think. I'm not worried about it right now, but it does drive me crazy when people say, to her while looking at me, "You don't need that yucky thing!"...well actually she does right now...so just leave it and stop commenting on it.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"