Eco-Friendly Family

Honest Pre-Natal Vitamins? Or any other whole foods based brand?

Hello everyone! It's been a long while since I have been around, so not sure if anyone I know is still here, but I am looking for recommendation for pre-natal vitamins. Our daughter Basil just turned four, and we have decided it's time to try for another baby (even though we though we were one and done for the last four years!) I want to start taking vitamins now even though I am not yet pregnant.  Last time I was just taking the Target store brand ones, but I think I want to get something more whole foods based this time.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Honest Pre-Natal Vitamins? Or any other whole foods based brand?

• I take MegaFood Baby & Me Herb Free. I really like them and can even take them on an empty stomach and they don't make me sick, but they're expensive. I know a lot of people like the New Chapter Perfect Prenatals, but I wanted something that was herb free.

1 miracle Earth baby and 5 Angel babies

~All welcome~

• I take GNC prenatals. They don't contain any artificial colors and I take them with lunch and have no issues. This brand is about $20 a month, but contains DHA as well as everything else. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...
  • I take the Garden of Life Raw Prenatal- it's whole foods based and mostly organic. I've also heard good things about the New Chapter prenatal.

Emma Noelle, 5/8/14
  • i also like the raw garden of life- it is non synthetic, has ginger for morning sickness, and probiotics for 2.
  • I've been using solaray (with morning ease) it's a whole food base with iron DHA and plenty of frolic acid!
  • I like Mega Foods Baby & Me.  Have been taking it for years actually!  Lol.  

An aside: Also, after decades of anemically low iron, (despite taking other iron supplements (incl. Floradix) and following all the nutritional, etc., guidelines) my iron stores have actually gone up since taking their iron blood builder too for a couple years.  Maybe coincidence or something else going on.
  • FYI: MegaFoods vitamins are $10 off $50 with code MEGA610 at Vitacost.
  • I like the new chapter perfect prenatal. It says to take 3 a day but I only take 2 and I also take nutrasea +d (so does my husband). I can take it on an empty stomach and it does not make me sick.
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • I take the Garden of Life Raw Prenatals as well. They have a funky taste but if you take it with juice it's not too bad. They have been great so far. I don't like salmon or a lot of the other fish they recommend eating so I just ordered the Nordic Naturals Omega Algae oil in lemon flavor. Hopefully that will work for me.
    BFP#1: 7/19/14  -  EDD: 3/26/15  -  MC: 8/14/14 @ 8w
    BFP#2: 9/14/14 - EDD: 5/28/15 - MC: 11/6/14 @ 10w
  • louisewc said:

I like Mega Foods Baby & Me.  Have been taking it for years actually!  Lol.  

An aside: Also, after decades of anemically low iron, (despite taking other iron supplements (incl. Floradix) and following all the nutritional, etc., guidelines) my iron stores have actually gone up since taking their iron blood builder too for a couple years.  Maybe coincidence or something else going on.

Not a coincidence. My sister was anemic and I bought her Megafood Baby and Me. Her OB was surprised at how her iron improved and told her she didn't have to take a separate iron supplement. The nutrients are prepared and provided in such a way that your body is better able to absorb them.
  • I take the Honest Company ones and really like them. No increased nausea, no constipation, easy to get down. Little pricey but you can get bundles which decrease the price.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am taking Garden of Life Raw Prenatals, and am happy with them so far. 
    wonderboy, born 08/10/10; healthy & amazing. 
    runaway bunny, born and died full term 02/17/14.
    bfp #3 10/03/14 (first attempt following perinatal loss); labeled nonviable 10/25/14
    bfp #4 11/28/14 (first attempt following miscarriage); betas look good 12/04/14; high risk "100% happy" with ultrasound & heartbeart 12/29/14.

"I am half agony, half hope." [jane austen] 
  • I second the raw garden of life.
    Momma to four, and we're expecting one more!

• We use Rainbow Light prenatals. Organic, Vegan, easy to take... that's what works for us! :)

Good Luck

I take these as well and have been very happy with them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image    image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Honest Prenatals! They offer a 1-pill organic prenatal, as well as an organic DHA/Omega 3. I was taking organic prenatals I had gotten from MOMs Organic Market, but choking down 3 horse-pills didn't work with the hyperemesis well... 
  • I take the Honest Company ones and really like them. No increased nausea, no constipation, easy to get down. Little pricey but you can get bundles which decrease the price.

Yes! Honest Co. bundles are the best! I plan to do bundles for diapers after the baby is born :)
  • Does anyone recommend a healthy gummy vitamin with less chemically coloring and flavor additives?
  • We use Rainbow Light prenatals. Organic, Vegan, easy to take... that's what works for us! :)

Good Luck

Same here
  • I take MegaFoods Baby & Me Herb Free. They are amazing and the ingredient list is very clean :)
  • I use new chapter organics love them

Good Luck

Me too! I love that they have a mini-tablet version because I've had a hard time swallowing the big multi-vitamins since getting pregnant. They're a pretty good deal on amazon and they have larger bottles too.
  • I take Megafoods Baby & Me as well - I love them and they have never made me sick. I also take Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA.
    Me: 35, DH: 36
    Married 3/5/2011
    Fur Baby: Zoey
    TTC #1 since October 2014
    BFP: February 2, 2015
    Due October 12, 2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @KevinandJesse do you ever feel like it makes your pee more yellow? Sorry if it’s tmi.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes! My pee is bright yellow!