Working Moms

How much attention can a baby get at daycare?

Hopefully this is my last q as she starts on Friday. But, how much face to face "convo" do the babies get at daycare when there are so many kids?

I am wondering if it is equal to what DD gets with me..it's not like I am constantly talking with her....she needs her self time, too.

Re: How much attention can a baby get at daycare?

• a ton of attention and love, if you have chosen a good place.

in the baby room, our dd was held every time she was fed - there was no propping. they taught her how to hold her bottle once she could sit up. while there was a teacher assigned to your child, when she was with another, someone else would get yours if she needed a diaper or if it was time to get in the play area for tummy time, etc. of course, they sit in swings and bouncy seats and exersaucers - but if they are not asleep, they see what's going on in the room.

my daughter left the baby room 7 months ago when she graduated to the toddler room. the 5 teachers from the baby room regularly visit the older classrooms to say hello and kiss "their babies."

her main teacher from the baby room leaves her a card for every single holiday - halloween, thanksgiving, xmas -  in her cubby, and she even gave DD two Xmas gifts. and this isn't even her current teacher.

the toddler room is terrific too - the teachers are all young and energetic and they play and learn all day long. there are always lots of hugs and kisses.

the first few days,e ven weeks, are hard on parents. you need to trust that they are well taken care of.

• My son was completely spoiled with attention in the baby room even though there were a bunch of other kids.  He's a sweetie - so the teachers hugged and kissed him all day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS gets a lot of attention. I watch him online, so I know! When we come in everyday they get all excited Carter is there and he giggles when his teachers say "OH Carter-baby is here". I know he is well taken care of.
  • imageduchess0727:
    My son was completely spoiled with attention in the baby room even though there were a bunch of other kids.  He's a sweetie - so the teachers hugged and kissed him all day. 

Ditto!

DD needs a lot of attention so she gets it.  They don't want upset babies at daycare so they give her what she needs.  She probably wouldn't get as much attention if she didn't demand it, but they'd still give her a lot.  Honestly, it also helps that she was the only girl and a lot younger than the other babies when she started.  Everyone doted on her and they have come to adore her. They have other teachers that float in during the day when the main teachers are on break, and everyday at least one of them tells me how they spent time holding DD that day and how they just love her!  Her main teachers definitely care and give her tons of attention.So many times I come in and DD is being held and rocked. 

DD is out of daycare for 2 weeks over the holidays.  On her last day before break, her main teacher told me how much she was going to miss her and gave her a hug before we left. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My boys get so much attention and hugs and kisses -now from the other kids, too!
  • My DS goes in home center and somedays I feel guilty because I think the DCP gives him more attention than I can.  Also it is like he is part of family with other children who talk and interact with him.   Just make sure you are talking to DCP, I found mine wants to meet my childs needs just as much as I do. 
  • They sleep a lot too if you think about it.   Plus, as she gets older she is going to love watching the other kids
  • Tons.  Seriously, my son has been spoiled rotten by all of his daycare teachers.

Just make sure that you pick a good place, and this isn't a concern.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"