September 2012 Moms

PSA: Sammydress Review

I know a few of us had talked about this recently.  I ordered a dress and a swimsuit from them.  The dress came over the weekend.

It is definitely NOT one-size-fits-all.  I wear a Small in most clothes.  I'm about 5'7", 122 lbs.  The dress fits comfortably on me but I can safely say that it wouldn't if I were much bigger.  Also, it was sold as a dress but the inner lining comes to just past my crotch and the hem of the dress is easily 5 inches above my knee.  I'm wearing it over leggings, which is cute, but not a dress, more of a tunic.

The quality is poor.  There are a lot of threads hanging off and I had to go around with scissors and clean it up a bit before wearing it.  I'm not sure how it will hold up after a few washings.

I'm not going to order from them again.  What I got is ok, but I think I could get equal quality at Forever 21 for about the same price given the excessive shipping costs.  

Re: PSA: Sammydress Review

• danabsddanabsd member
    How long did shipping take? I ordered a dress on 5/16 and haven't heard anything. I was starting to think I got ripped off. :|

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @danabsd, shut up with that siggy, right now!!

So freaking perfect and cute!!!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I ordered a few weeks ago - a bathing suit and an order with a few dresses and a blazer. I haven't heard anything either and I messaged them and got nothing back! 

I'm sad and also beginning to think I got ripped and may open a dispute with paypal. :( I was looking forward to my uber cheap clothing... even if the quality is crappy. 
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Cheenomae said:
    @danabsd, shut up with that siggy, right now!!

This is exactly what I was going to say.  Seriously @danabsd.  Those girls.  I can't even stand the cute.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I placed the order 5/5.  I got a shipping confirmation on 5/16 and it arrived on 5/24.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    If it is coming from China, it will take 3-5 weeks. Look at the shipping time they have listed before opening a dispute. You have 45 days to dispute with Paypal so just pay attention to that time frame and open closer to the 40 day mark. 

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    If it is coming from China, it will take 3-5 weeks. Look at the shipping time they have listed before opening a dispute. You have 45 days to dispute with Paypal so just pay attention to that time frame and open closer to the 40 day mark. 
    I'm not worried about waiting a month or even two for it to get here... I'm just concerned that it's "processing" and has been for about two weeks now. That seems to be the main complaint of reviewers, that their package never actually ships!
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • I paid through PayPal in case I needed to dispute it.  I am still hoping I actually get the swimsuit.  I don't think the worry is worth the price for me.
  • danabsddanabsd member

Cheenomae said:

@danabsd, shut up with that siggy, right now!!

This is exactly what I was going to say.  Seriously @danabsd.  Those girls.  I can't even stand the cute.

Thanks ladies! :)

• danabsddanabsd member
    @BillyMollyEmmy‌ I was starting to think about opening a dispute as well. I've got a month before I want to wear it, so that's not really the issue but they didn't reply to my email either. :|
    It was only $20, so whatever if I lose it but I want the dress!

• I got my Sammy Dress order. Never got a shipment confirmation it just showed up.
    The quality is pretty bad. Luckily I only want to wear it once. But you get what you pay for, right?

• My order actually says it shipped.... I am excited to see how craptacular my items are haha. Even if one or two things are nice, I scored since I only paid like $48. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Round two - ? 

image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"