September 2012 Moms

Thursday throwdown

What's happening, ladies? I'm getting kind of stressed out with daycare drop-offs, so maybe some of you have some insight. DD has been freaking out every single morning. As soon as we enter her daycare room, she starts sobbing, clinging to me, throwing herself onto the floor and burying her head in her arms. I don't like to leave her while she's thrashing and crying, but if I stay and try to calm her down, she gets just as worked up again when I have to go. Sometimes a teacher will come over and try to distract her or pick her up, with mixed results. I know she's fine a few minutes after I leave, but I hate to see her this upset every morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thursday throwdown

• I think you just have to wait it out. I know it's upsetting. DD does the same thing sometimes, but there is no consistency. Sometimes a week, or a few days in a row. There is no rhyme or reason to it. 

I always check in to make sure she's calmed down, and then I feel better. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I agree with PP that you may have to wait it out.  Both of mine cling to me in the morning and I usually have to hand Ethan to a teacher so I can leave the room.  No crying luckily, but it's still hard.  Hopefully she will get past it soon.  Sorry, I know that sucks.

I'm still waiting for this job I interviewed for to call me back.  They said on Monday that I should hear back by the end of the week.  I guess if I don't hear by noon tomorrow, I'll call.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with PP that you may have to wait it out.  Both of mine cling to me in the morning and I usually have to hand Ethan to a teacher so I can leave the room.  No crying luckily, but it's still hard.  Hopefully she will get past it soon.  Sorry, I know that sucks.

I'm still waiting for this job I interviewed for to call me back.  They said on Monday that I should hear back by the end of the week.  I guess if I don't hear by noon tomorrow, I'll call.
    GL! I hope they get back to you today with a phenomenal offer!

• Good luck Beebop!
    Melody, I agree to just wait that one out.  Hopefully it will get easier!

Today I am hoping that my bioflex navel rings come in the mail.  I've heard how comfortable they are and I want to know!
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • My former best friend had a baby last week.  Her and the baby daddy still haven't told his family that she was ever pregnant, much less that they had a baby.    
    Ummm...yikes. Does he speak to his family regularly, or are they estranged? 

• MomtobeNJ said:
    My former best friend had a baby last week.  Her and the baby daddy still haven't told his family that she was ever pregnant, much less that they had a baby.    
    Ummm...yikes. Does he speak to his family regularly, or are they estranged? 
    IDK.  And the Mom said "I dont think he really talks to his family."  It's weird.  They moved here in July, he went back to CA in August for 2 months to "sell a car" and got back at Thanksgiving.  They told everyone in her family that she was pregnant and that was pretty much it.  There's a lot of holes in the stories, so I'm convinced that he either:
    A. has more illegitimate children that he has never told ex friend about
    B. he had another girlfriend that he had to go break up with back in CA
    C. is running from the law

When there's so many weird things going on, I automatically imagine the most after school special scenarios that could go with it. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Melody I would wait it out like others have said. B goes to daycare 1 day a week. Almost every week he clings to me and buries his head in my shoulder. The provider (in home) will take him from me and bring him in the other room. Not even 2 minutes later he's fine. I go to pick him up and he's not ready to go. He has a ball over there. I've also found that if I spend a bit more time with him on those mornings he gets his "momma" time and he's fine for drop off.

I want a pair of Sanuk sandals now that's to you ladies raving about them. I can't decide what pattern/color. Pick for me please

https://www.zappos.com/p/sanuk-yoga-sling-2-ocean/product/8250068/color/1394

DH has the day off today and he took apart our spare bedroom closet to make room for a new organizer and he's cutting the grass. Then we're going to lunch. I can't wait for a date lunch with my hubby. It's been too long. I'm going to love this new schedule. He'll work 15 days a month! So excited!

• hmp1hmp1 member
    My kids are always fine if I drop off during snack time. Otherwise, Leo either has to walk in on his own or I hand him over to the teacher. If I put him down, he cries while climbing back up my leg. But at the end of the day, he wants to stay and play. Go figure.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Our nanny gave her notice yesterday. Her boyfriend got a new job out of state and she's moving with him. We have to find another cc provider. This will be #3 since January... Gah.

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• @Pokedot, I either like that cerlean blue, or the basic black. :-)

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Aedan still struggles during drop off, I do the "stay and calm him down technique" and then it's a little easier when I leave.  He still freaks out when I leave.  They have a window in their room that they stand at and wave good-bye.

I walk him over to the window, say goodbye and he waits there to wave through the window.  On an OK day, he's great, waves goodbye and goes onto playing.  On rough days, a teacher holds him while he waves/cries.  It at least works some of the time!   

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• hmp1hmp1 member
    Pokedot said:

I want a pair of Sanuk sandals now that's to you ladies raving about them. I can't decide what pattern/color. Pick for me please

https://www.zappos.com/p/sanuk-yoga-sling-2-ocean/product/8250068/color/1394

Because of the casualness of them, I would go with a fun color. I like the neon orange from the pictures, plus neon orange makes me look tan so I love it in the summer. Or the yellow/grey if you want something less loud.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

My thoughts exactly. Except they are out of my size in the cerlean blue. Why is everyone a 10 damnit?

• *commenting before I read*. The title of this thread is so fitting for me today. My cell phone battery just died because I spent the entire morning talking to and emailing Dh's attorney over his BSC drama with BM. (He had a job interview this morning, and truthfully, I'm more eloquent than he is) even though things are tight for us right now, I really hope we can go back to court soon. I will pay lawyer fees for the rest of my life to get their god awful agreement changed. Ok, going back to read now

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • edited June 2014
    @holly_1007  That sounds awful.  Hope it gets resolved.
  • My sister has me listed as a reference for her furniture rental. Every month I get a phone. I know it's not there fault but seriously. Stop calling me. She saw your call. She ignored it. I am not paying you leave me alone.
  • I was up with Luci for about 4 hours this morning.  We had godawful storms that woke her up.  Then she, DH and the dog all tried to lay on me at once.  I'm pretty over that nonsense.  This momma needs her space.  

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I don't understand how DH can be glued to his stupid phone constantly, yet, when I e-mail him, he won't respond.  He's working from home so I know he can get a minute of downtime in to ANSWER MY FREAKING E-MAIL!  Rant over.
  • uromysuromys member

MomtobeNJ said:
    I think you just have to wait it out. I know it's upsetting. DD does the same thing sometimes, but there is no consistency. Sometimes a week, or a few days in a row. There is no rhyme or reason to it. 

I always check in to make sure she's calmed down, and then I feel better. 

Melody, I'm sure you know you can always call and check in. PP is right. With some children its at random others get over it in a few weeks. As a childcare provider and former daycare teacher I always tell parents its okay to call. I understand the stress of leaving you're little ones while they are upset, but most of the time that's the easiest way for a provider to calm them down. Promise you it doesn't last long after you leave. Its harder on you then your babies.

That said I am a group home childcare owner and I am really getting frustrated with some people not taking my business seriously. I am held to the same standards and state license process as your run of the mill daycare facility. I am obligated to preform a preschool curriculum during the school year, and take childhood nutrition very seriously. Have clearances and yearly inspections. I pay taxes on my income and have bills and a mortgage just like the rest of you. Why just because I am running my business from a portion of my home does that make some parents think I can afford to only charge $25 a day? Would you wake up and go to work for $25 a day? My days are long and extremely rewarding. Its my dream job but that doesn't mean I don't deserve a decent rate. I just want people to respect my career choice and realize that my weekly tuition isn't just fun money in my families pocket.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• BPerBPer member
    As much as my office drives me nuts, I am really thankful that I now work somewhere that understands that sometimes, you're sick and can't work.

At all of my other jobs, it was basically the end of the world if you took an unplanned day off.

I was on vacation all of last week, went home sick half day on Tuesday, and was only able to come in for an hour yesterday morning before going home to curl up in a ball and die.  And it's NBD to anyone.  If it weren't for my own guilt, I probably would have stayed home today too.

I like those, and coral and the striped ones :-D I might need a pair of these after all. Someone please remind me if they run true to size.

• melody921 said:
    @Pokedot, I either like that cerlean blue, or the basic black. :-)
    I like those, and coral and the striped ones :-D I might need a pair of these after all. Someone please remind me if they run true to size.
    @BPer has these ones....I know Sanuk's for me are fine in sandals, but when I buy their regular shoes in my regular size, they're always too small.  I've just given up.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• BPerBPer member
    melody921 said:
    @Pokedot, I either like that cerlean blue, or the basic black. :-)
    @BPer has these ones....I know Sanuk's for me are fine in sandals, but when I buy their regular shoes in my regular size, they're always too small.  I've just given up.
    The only Sanuks that I've found aren't exactly true to size for me, are the wedge sandals.  I wear an 8 in all of their stuff, but for some reason it looks like my feet are pouring out of these things...

• I have a co-worker who was going through a rough time...their daughter has some health issues, the wife was KU and on bed rest and they were moving into an apartment while their house was being built.  A bunch of people in the office decided to provide him with meals 2x a week.  An email got sent out and was sort of like "here's the days we still need people--have you signed up yet?!"  So I signed up.  I made food almost 2 weeks ago now.  I still haven't gotten the pan back, or gotten a thank you of any kind.  I find that weird.  I wish it didn't bug me, but it really does.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I have a co-worker who was going through a rough time...their daughter has some health issues, the wife was KU and on bed rest and they were moving into an apartment while their house was being built.  A bunch of people in the office decided to provide him with meals 2x a week.  An email got sent out and was sort of like "here's the days we still need people--have you signed up yet?!"  So I signed up.  I made food almost 2 weeks ago now.  I still haven't gotten the pan back, or gotten a thank you of any kind.  I find that weird.  I wish it didn't bug me, but it really does.
    Our church does meals like this when you have a baby.  I wrote thank you notes for all of the meals I received when Julia was born, and people acted surprised that I wrote them.  I agree- I'd never receive something like that without writing a note, but you'll feel better if you don't expect one from that because it's apparently not always common practice when people are going through a tough time.  Make sure they know you need your pan back, though.  Most of the meals I've received and given have come in disposable containers, so they may not be tracking that you need yours back.
  • My 10 year HS reunion is this summer. One of my classmates went to the school to see about the money leftover in our class account. We had over $500. It turns out, the school used it to go towards the purchase of banners in the new auditorium.

I am so annoyed by this but I doubt we can do anything about it. I don't know who is in charge of the accounts or what to do. I'm not a teacher in district anymore so I'm out of the loop with who to talk to. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bper I sent you a message on fb about golf clubs again haha. Sorry if you think I am totally crazy.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    One of DH's coworkers dropped off food when Leo was born and had a little note on it that said "Please return the container". I was annoyed. I never expect the container back when I drop off food as a gift.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    One of DH's coworkers dropped off food when Leo was born and had a little note on it that said "Please return the container". I was annoyed. I never expect the container back when I drop off food as a gift.
    Was it a disposable container @hmp1? I always put food in disposable pans so they know not to return it. New parents don't need one more thing to keep track of.

• hmp1hmp1 member
    edited June 2014
    melody921 said:
    hmp1 said:
    Was it a disposable container @hmp1? I always put food in disposable pans so they know not to return it. New parents don't need one more thing to keep track of.
    It was tupperware. Not like the foil kind but still not something nice that I wanted to have to worry about keeping track of whose was whose when multiple people were dropping things off. I usually buy a cute container so they can keep it and reuse it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• MommaP12MommaP12 member
    edited June 2014
    I have a co-worker who was going through a rough time...their daughter has some health issues, the wife was KU and on bed rest and they were moving into an apartment while their house was being built.  A bunch of people in the office decided to provide him with meals 2x a week.  An email got sent out and was sort of like "here's the days we still need people--have you signed up yet?!"  So I signed up.  I made food almost 2 weeks ago now.  I still haven't gotten the pan back, or gotten a thank you of any kind.  I find that weird.  I wish it didn't bug me, but it really does.
    Gotta use those silver foil disposable pans girlfriend!

I have spent over 2 hours this afternoon researching:

1) Swim lessons for DS - found some at the Y that start this Sunday, phew!  He's 5 and has never taken a lesson.  Mom fail.
    2) After school care for DS for the fall....ZOMG this is crazy, he's #16 on one waitlist.  WTF?
    3) Looking into daycare for DD in our new hood.   Seriously considering leaving her where she is and DH will have to deal with the 8 mile/40 minute drive to and fro.
    4) Proving to the park district I do in fact live in the town so I can sign DS up for tennis after July 4th.

I feel like I need a personal assistant to do this crap!  It's a full time job!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• hmp1 said:
    The email we got said to use regular containers since he's at work everyday anyway and would just return them.  Otherwise I would have just used a disposable pan...I still have a bunch leftover at home, I just didn't want to try and find them when I was making him food. ;-)  Also, they haven't had a baby yet!  She's not due until the end of the month.  

I know it's stupid to be irritated, I just am.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Also, I don't know why the emoticon above is winking.  There's nothing winkable about my statement.  I was trying to type a smiley.  Sigh.  Can't I go home yet?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• This is incredibly immature.  I unfriended the girl on Facebook that I made the bag for.  She only ever talks to me when she wants something.  I told her supplies for the bag were $30, and she said that was ridiculous.  She just sent me $20.  I don't need "friends" like her.

ETA: shipping was just $11.30.  I promise I won't talk about this again.
    Did you take a picture?  I want to see it!

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• @melody921, I don't have any advise because this hasn't ever happened to me. My kids get upset when I try to take them FROM daycare. When DH takes them they both cry for him not to leave them.

@BeebopandBuddy‌, exciting. Good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I had to order an air mattress for travel with Ethan on Zulily today since he is outgrowing the Pack'n'Play.  So I obviously also had to order a Vera Bradley wallet to take advantage of the free shipping, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"