New York Babies
Options

Moving to NYC in July! Need a new OBGYN/ Mid Wife RN

My husband and I are moving to New York July 1st from Boston.  We are looking for doctors/OBGYN in the city.  I'm not sure if I want a mid wife (RN) yet, but it would be great to get some names.  Any advice? Hospitals to look at etc...

Thanks!!!

Re: Moving to NYC in July! Need a new OBGYN/ Mid Wife RN

• Options

There's a lot of hospitals in the city so I would decide which hospital you want to deliver at first (based on location, reviews, recommendations).  After that you can start researching physicans and practices that have privileges at that hospital.

I plan to deliver at NYU Medical Center and see Dr. Schweizer who is part of the Maternal Fetal Care center at NYU.  Positive experience so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed. Decide which hospital you want to deliver at first then choose an OB or MW that delivers there. I gave birth last year at St Luke's Roosevelt hospital and had a wonderful experience (even though it ended being a CS due to failure to progress) and I will give birth there again this fall in Nov.
    Here are my blog posts about the hospital and the lamaze class I took there. My doctor is Dr Sean Henry (Grand Central OBGYN).

https://babyhallblog.com/2012/10/26/hospital-tour-st-lukes-roosevelt-hospital/

https://babyhallblog.com/2013/02/24/lamaze-class/
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am the owner of City Births which provides educational classes to New and Expecting Parents in the city.  I am also a Cert Doula and have been at almost all the hospitals at this point.  If you want to ask any questions I would be happy to help.  If you already know what hospital you like I can let you know some good choices for OBs.
    Welcome to NYC!
    Andrea Lee
    www.citybirths.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"