Special Needs
Options

thursday wtf's

get it off your chest
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: thursday wtf's

• Options
    DD is going through a mouthing phase again which is frustrating me like crazy.
    I'm spending a lot of time saying no, not in the mouth, don't bite that. 
    We're working on it with the ABA and she's done this before when she has significant progress in other areas the oral thing flares up but it's so frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    1. DS1 has been a mess lately, uncooperative, issues at night.  He had a major meltdown last night all because I took a toy away when DS2 wanted it and they started fighting.  I was scared.  DH just went out of town FOR TEN DAYS.  Who knows what set him off.  I think he was in sensory overload because he was finally able to tell me to turn off the light in his room and he calmed down after that.  So it turned out not nearly as bad as I feared, but yesterday was only day 1 of DH being gone.

2. There was a freaking BAT on the doorstep at my office today.  I hate bats, had a bad experience, I nearly come unglued at the idea that bats are inside or around my office, irrationally so.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. I want to say the weather is such a bother. Straight 100's this week. I hate being teased with this much humidity it should just rain already. We had thunder last night and not a drop. We had the fans on all night and it was still hot. We all slept miserably. I am going to turn on the air like I just don't care.

2. Our private PT evaluated DS last Wednesday. I requested they fax the eval results to me at work. They did. Neither DH or I can decipher it because it is "handwritten." Ugh, all the evals we have gotten before were typed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wtf left boob? Why have you turned into an insane milk-spraying machine? DD3 pulled off in the middle of a letdown yesterday in the OT waiting room, and I totally soaked my shirt and nursing cover. So embarrassing.
  • Options
    I took the girls swimming at the rec center pool on Tuesday, and the kids from the day camp were there. DD1 is attending two days this week, and ran into another little girl from her kindergarten class. 

Instead of wanting to play with the girl, who seemed very happy to see her and was gung-ho to engage, DD1 just wanted to stay with me. :( When I finally persuaded her to go play, the water horseplay got more rough than it should have (chasing each other and some push/pulling under the water by both girls). 

DD1 had a great day at the camp yesterday, but I'm really anxious about Friday, when it's another pool afternoon for the day camp. I'm seriously considering taking DD2 to swim at the same time because I'm worried that DD1 or another kid could get hurt if there isn't someone right.there. to intervene. I doubt that she could de-escalate horseplay if she got scared, or recognize that she's being too rough with someone else. 

OTOH, I think she's overconfident when I'm there and more careful/anxious when I'm not, so maybe me being there would not be a good thing. 

Also, the summer social skills group that I was excited about, isn't a good fit. (All boys, significantly older.) I contacted Children's about getting on their wait list and it's probably going to be 6-9 months. If there are so many autistic kids being dx'd, why aren't services being expanded appropriately?!?!!? 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    WTF, avoidance tantrums? You're a pain in the ass to deal with. Give me attention seeking any day. That's an easy fix. 

WTF, spouse? No, it isn't "punishment" when I wake you up to deal with the baby in the middle of the night. It's parenting. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    11/10/10 The Kid
  • Options
    WTF Nate? Why you no grow? You eat anything and everything, yet gained no weight and only 2 centimeters in 6 months!!!!

Mommy is not looking forward to your growth hormone testing. Please produce some. I do not want to do daily injections. Xoxoxo
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    WTF Nate? Why you no grow? You eat anything and everything, yet gained no weight and only 2 centimeters in 6 months!!!! Mommy is not looking forward to your growth hormone testing. Please produce some. I do not want to do daily injections. Xoxoxo
    If you reach that point, I did Growth Hormone shots for 8 yrs and am happy to chat with you about it. it really became NBD after about 6 months, and I am so glad my parents had me do them. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"