April 2013 Moms
Options

Has your spouse or significant other ever called you a bitch?

Kate_CKate_C member
edited June 2014 in April 2013 Moms
I had a conversation with a guy friend and admitted my H has called me a bitch before. Not using it as a verb - as in, "quit your bitching," but as a noun. He got super upset on my behalf and said a guy should never call his partner that.

So now I'm curious.... Am I an outlier or have others ever been called this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Has your spouse or significant other ever called you a bitch? 129 votes

Yes
37% 48 votes
No
53% 69 votes
SS
9% 12 votes

Re: Has your spouse or significant other ever called you a bitch?

• Options
    He has said "You're acting LIKE a bitch"...but not as a noun.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I voted "No". My husband has NEVER called me a bitch, said I was acting like a bitch, being bitchy or stop bitching. He has never used that word in reference to me in my presence. I have never said anything like that to him before either. I have told him to stop acting like a pussy, but that's it. Name calling is one of the things that I just don't go for so that doesn't happen in my house. Those wounds are so hard to heal. Also when I fight I try to keep the issue in the forefront instead of getting side tracked by random things and not fixing the actual problem.

I did have a friend that whenever her boyfriend got mad at her he would call her a stupid bitch and I just couldn't fathom how she could allow him to speak to her like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted no.  There's not a lot of name calling in either direction between us.  If anything it's more like "you're being mean" or "you're being annoying".  
  • Options
    Nope. Respect in a marriage or any relationship is very important to me.

imageimageimage

• Options
    No, because I normally call myself a bitch lol. In all seriousness he has never in the 10 years we've been together called me a bitch out loud (i'm sure he has under his breath)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Kate_CKate_C member
    I admittedly was pretty shocked and upset when my H said it. I think it's only happened once. I agree generally that name calling, and especially a strong word like that, is not ok.
  • Options
    I think so but never in a serious manner. I probably call him a bitch more than he calls me one. We are just very sarcastic people and joke a lot but have never used the word in anger. We don't ever name call when mad.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Erin10408 said:
    He has said "You're acting LIKE a bitch"...but not as a noun.
    This
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    never 
    tondraluv said:
    No, because I normally call myself a bitch lol. In all seriousness he has never in the 10 years we've been together called me a bitch out loud (i'm sure he has under his breath)
    Hahahaha this is me too. He would never ever out loud but he usually doesn't need to because I will call myself out when I'm being one
  • Options
    He's told me I'm ACTING like one, but never that I AM one.

My ex told me that I was a bitch several times which is why he is an ex.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited June 2014
    No, and it would NOT be a good day for him if he did! Even if he told me I was acting like a bitch.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• Options
    We don't curse at each other if my hubby called me a bitch he would have another wife. :-q

Baby on Board - My Blog 

Anniversary

• Options
    Nope, never. One thing I really like about my DH is that he doesn't really argue much--he will state his side or state something that bothered him or whatever, but he just says his piece and that's that. I am pretty good at doing the same, although I have been known to occasionally go into another room and flick him off from afar when I get really annoyed.
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options
    jthree said:
    Jdubb13 said:
    Yes he's called me a bitch and has said "you're acting like a bitch" but neither really offend me.
    I hope this didn't make MH sound like a d-bag. I couldn't tell you the last time the word bitch was actually used in a fight, but we've been together since we were 21 and have grown up a lot when it comes to arguing.
    I understand. It's only been used a very few amount of times in our arguments too. I could probably count it on one hand. But it also doesn't really upset me. If it does happen it's just part of the argument, not an assault on my character. But it takes A LOT to offend me. I am so super laid back about almost everything. It actually drives my husband crazy sometimes that nothing bothers me, but I just figure there are better things to spend my energy on.

Again, I agree with all of this. There are a lot of things that are hurtful to me and would upset me. Being told I'm being a bitch, when I am in fact, being a bitch, is definitely not in the ballpark of things that hurt me. If, however, I told my husband that it was offensive or that it hurt me and he continued, that would be a complete different story.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Options
    arschm02 said:
    jthree said:
    Jdubb13 said:
    Yes he's called me a bitch and has said "you're acting like a bitch" but neither really offend me.
    I hope this didn't make MH sound like a d-bag. I couldn't tell you the last time the word bitch was actually used in a fight, but we've been together since we were 21 and have grown up a lot when it comes to arguing.
    I understand. It's only been used a very few amount of times in our arguments too. I could probably count it on one hand. But it also doesn't really upset me. If it does happen it's just part of the argument, not an assault on my character. But it takes A LOT to offend me. I am so super laid back about almost everything. It actually drives my husband crazy sometimes that nothing bothers me, but I just figure there are better things to spend my energy on.

Again, I agree with all of this. There are a lot of things that are hurtful to me and would upset me. Being told I'm being a bitch, when I am in fact, being a bitch, is definitely not in the ballpark of things that hurt me. If, however, I told my husband that it was offensive or that it hurt me and he continued, that would be a complete different story.
    Agreed -- sometimes I AM being a bitch.  ANd sometimes he's being a motherfuckingasshole and I have told him that too.  Ha!  

BUT, I adore my husband - he's a great father, partner, friend, etc... and I would never tell him he WAS those things, just that he was BEING those things.  And those words have only ever been said by either of us in the heat of frustration and stress, we normally don't really fight actually, we discuss and debate and move on.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    elbouelbou member
    edited June 2014
    SS - I honestly don't remember (which leads me to believe he hasn't) to the point that I just asked him if he ever did. He thinks he may have once or twice while he was drunk.

So...I'm not sure. I feel like I would remember if he said something like that, but I also forget pretty quickly once I've forgiven someone. If he did, it must not have made a big impression or I brushed it off because I don't usually take him seriously if he's really drunk.

I'm pretty sure he's said I'm acting like one a couple times though.

• Options

I think so but never in a serious manner. I probably call him a bitch more than he calls me one. We are just very sarcastic people and joke a lot but have never used the word in anger. We don't ever name call when mad.

Same here. It's not the words, it's the intent.
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Options
    I think whether some women want to admit or not, our Hs have probably either said it to our faces, behind our backs, in their head, or under their breath. Has my DH ever called me one? Not that I've heard, but probably in his mind. Lol would it bother me? No. If the shoe fits wear it. 
    ;;)

But in return, have you ever called your H a name? 
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    cece2682 said:
    Hahaha @Luckey4‌. I may or may not be guilty of calling DH a d**k and/or a**hole once or twice in our 15 years together. Sh** happens.

Preach.
  • Options
    No never as a noun but I'm sure he's said that I was acting like a bitch during a heated argument or two
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"