January 2015 Moms

Uterus stretching...?

Hey mamas,
So I've read lots of symptoms of early pregnancy, but so far nobody has talked about how their uterus hurts / twinges when making sudden movements. Seriously, in the morning, when I'm turning over in bed to get out, I suddenly get these super painful twinges going through my lower abdomen. So painful! Anyone else feel their uterus growing? Is there something to help alleviate this, or will it eventually stop? I'm a 4th time mama, and I don't remember it being this bad any other time.

Re: Uterus stretching...?

• Round Ligament Pain. I had it with my first and have it again now. I definitely consider it a good sign. Little one is digging in!!

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been feeling a lot more twinges and pains in my uterus than I remember with my other pregnancies and I'm only 6 weeks along. This is also my #4.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes i have that too!! This is my first and i can definitely feel a lot of stretching down there. And have to be careful about bending down or stretching
  • Mine happens whenever I stretch up or recline back too much! I get this sharp twangy pain down in my lower abdomen to the side. Owie!!
  • I've been feeling a lot more twinges and pains in my uterus than I remember with my other pregnancies and I'm only 6 weeks along. This is also my #4.

I was my moms 4th and she said she felt EVERYTHING. But she said it was also her easiest labor.

On the topic of this post mine feels sorry if that's makes sense. Not like cramping or anything. But like and achy sore. I remember having it with my first.
  • Ugh the stretching, already feeling it, always mostly on the right side.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I woke up this morning with bad pains in my lower abdomen and NO nausia... I was partially worried and partially thinking this is normal and thanking god I wasn't nausious. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• tanya_erintanya_erin member
    edited June 2014
    I've always felt everything re: ovulation, major cramping, etc so this is nothing new I guess. I'm pretty aware of my body... Just unexpected most times!
  • A severe sharp pain sounds like round ligament pain. It normally happened for me when I made sudden movements. Funny story - the first time it happened to me when I was pregnant with B, I was on a business trip in Germany. I was a FTM, in a foreign country FREAKING out that something that was wrong. I ended up e-mailing my H, and asking him to call the OB to find out if it was anything serious. She said she thought it was RLP, and her best advice was no sudden movements. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had this a few weeks back, usually when I turned over in bed. It was sharp and painful. Thankfully didn't last long though. Hopefully yours will go away too.

• I have that too, round ligament pain, its the worst when I get up suddenly or go to lift my son too quickly. I usually end up doubled over in pain for a few seconds
  • Sounds like Round Ligament Pain. Sneezing gets me every time!

Pregnancy Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Don't sneeze while driving! RLP is brutal! I guess it's a good sign though. :o
    BFP 01/17/2014, Due 10/05/2014, MMC, we said goodbye 03/07/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Sounds like Round Ligament Pain. Sneezing gets me every time!
    THIS!  The other day I turned my head to sneeze so I wouldn't sneeze at my son and I thought I was dying!
  • Yep. Yep yep yep. I get this type of pain all the time: if I stretch back to far, if I bend over too far, if I lean to the side too far, basically if I stretch in any sort of way, especially in getting up in the morning.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yes! I coughed the other night and holy shit the pain! Only lasted a minute but oh my God.

Rainbow Baby! BFP 02/20/2018 EDD 11/01/2018
    BFP 10/31/2017 EDD 07/09/2018 Miscarriage 11/28/2017
    DD # 1: BFP 5/22/2014  EDD 1/30/2015 Born 02/06/2015
    DS # 1: BFP 7/18/2000 EDD 3/27/2001 Born 4/1/01
  • GromMom said:
    I have that too, round ligament pain, its the worst when I get up suddenly or go to lift my son too quickly. I usually end up doubled over in pain for a few seconds
    Oh i got this the other night, though it did lead to hubby making me sit back down while he got me a bowl of ice cream lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yep, RLP is always my first pregnancy sign. You might laugh at me but I started feeling it several days before my bfp. That was my first clue that I might be pregnant again.
    BFP 07/14/2012, EDD 03/22/2013, DD born 03/21/2013
    BFP 05/20/2014, EDD 01/29/2015, DS born 01/14/2015
    BFP 04/25/2016, EDD 01/01/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • JoAbaJoAba member
    I'm gal in not the only one.. At first they thought it might be a kidney stone..but it was just RLP..this is my first pregnancy and it freaked me out. I get these cramps often tho and last for several minutes..it's prolly cuz I'm all legs and no Torso so baby is making room for itself.
  • I've had it for weeks now, I don't remember it getting any better with DS1. It's so weird too because it's not like I'm showing at all or have a huge belly. It doesn't feel like I should be having these pains already!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh yes. Rlp. I had it with my all my pregnancies. It only seemed to get worse with each one, and got worse the father along I got. My OB for my 3rd said it felt worse because of how heavy my uti was abs being held up by a few ligaments.
    I wore a support brace and it helpeds little.

• I remember RLP with my first 2, and I know that's what I'm having now, but it just seems to hurt so much more this time around.  Every time I stand up, it hurts, and when I sneeze, it's almost like I got stabbed! I find myself having to stop and bend over, then stand up slowly to avoid it.  
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Never had it first pg. Started up around 8 weeks? I had a friend went to the ER 2nd pg with it, never had it 1rst pg. Sounds like you just dodged that bullet first 3 times @tanya_erin‌ :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"