May 2014 Moms
Options

Ways to deal with gas???

DS has been gassy for 6 days straight now. Everytime he eats he screams from about 10 minutes after for 2 or so hours. I'm EP'ing and we always make sure he burps good. I'm on bottle type #3, so far we've used avent natural and classic and dr. Brown, and he's still so gassy. We've tried gas drops, gripe water, and this stuff that is supposed to break down the lactose to make it easier on his stomach. All that helps at all is moving his legs around to help him pass it after he already gets miserable. I hate seeing him in so much pain and when he's crying for 2 hours and eating every 4, nobody is getting any sleep. Mommy and Daddy are going insane. Help???
May siggy challenge - Parenting Fails

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Ways to deal with gas???

• Options
    No advise but I offer my love and sympathy. It's so hard seeing them so uncomfortable.

DS is a gassy one too. And I've just started figuring out how to burp him properly. Were on day 2 of minimal fussiness due to gas

I hope you find a solution soon!
  • Options
    Have you tried changing your diet? Something you eat may make baby gassy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @florassecret‌ Thanks! Glad you figured out what you needed to do. I'm hoping we can figure out something soon. It's just so hard because DH works 12-14 hour days as a manager of a restaurant and I'm home alone with DS. I feel so helpless when he's in pain.
    @mollynicole214‌ I thought that too, but over the course of this I've tried to vary my diet a lot to see if I could figure out what was bothering him. No luck so far, but I'm trying to stick to bland easy digestible stuff.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Have you noticed any mucous (take one of his stool diapers and mash it together and then pull it apart, and see if there's stringy, mucous like things in it) or blood in his stools? Sounds like it could be a milk/soy issue.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I have been trying to eliminate items from my diet due to baby's reflux. The pedi said that it may take several days (like 5) to notice a difference. I hope you find some relief for you and LO!
  • Options
    well .first of all I want to say that I'm really sorry and I sympathize for you. It is really hard to see your baby in pain and not know what to do about it. you could try giving him a warm bath and then laying him on his tummy massaging his back and kind of Working the air out. you can try putting a mint in his bottle if he takes a bottle. no promises though that's all I've got to offer you good luck Mama.

It's a BOY

• Options
    Dd is always gassy. We are FF but nothing is helping. The only thing that helps her with relief is "the windi" by fridababy. The first time I used it on her I was so surprised by how much gas came out that she couldn't pass. It's only temporary but it helps.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    We use Dr. Brown's bottles, but still get the occasional bad gas day.  My mother in law put my twin B across her legs on her belly, rubbed her back, and this really relieved LO of her gas pains.

• Options

Have you noticed any mucous (take one of his stool diapers and mash it together and then pull it apart, and see if there's stringy, mucous like things in it) or blood in his stools? Sounds like it could be a milk/soy issue.

This was my thought as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Have you tried probiotic's? Helped me so much with my older daughter.
  • Options
    Colic calm!! Best stuff ever invented. Period. They sell it at walgreens and CVS works instantly.
  • Options
    My LO seems to have no issures letti g gas go but makes him very fussy and wide awake and its been most if the night. But he is FF so wondering if just adjusting?
  • Options
    There is some mucus in his poops but we just started using this medicine to help break down the milk for him. We'll see if it works. Started putting a tsp of rice cereal in his bottles too. It's supposed to help him not spit up so bad and help his tummy. Trying anything at this point. DS seems to like the cereal though. It's not a lot, just enough to make it slightly thicker

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Bumping this thread as I'm now working with a miserable, gassy baby.  I feel so sorry for him, and I selfishly miss my little cuddle bug that I had for the first few weeks. He just writhes and fights after feedings now until he can either toot or burp, and it's now limiting his sleep to 1 hour stretches (although maybe that is related to a growth spurt - he's 4 weeks tomorrow).

I'm currently using gas drops & gripe water and we do bicycle legs which sometimes helps.  I've ordered the probiotic, colic calm, the windi and an aromatherapy tummy wrap to try. 

I'm curious if those that were struggling with this in early June have seen relief as I've read it is something that they move past after 6 weeks or so?

Thanks!

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    I don't have any answers as I have a painfully gassy baby too. I was able to consult a ton of experts during our NICU stay since it was an issue there. What I'm doing now is giving him a probiotic (look for one that has to be refrigerated & has an expiration date), Simethicone drops and Dr. Brown's bottles. I also avoid beans & cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, kale, chard, etc). I'm supposed to avoid onions too, but that's so hard! If he has green mucousy stools, you might consider eliminating dairy & soy for a few weeks to see if that helps.
  • Options
    I read online from 4-6/8 weeks it's at its worst as their system is developing. It's like for us it was burping and now it's pooping.

Poor DS grunts grunts and grunts when he needs to poop. I'll give him gripe water to help him along sometimes.

DS hates bicycle legs. I find lifting his up in the air gets some toots.
  • Options
    We've had a lot of luck with gerber soothe probiotics. It takes a couple days but we've noticed a huge difference. I also love colic calm and the chiropractor.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"